Ufc Hid Jones Test Results From Him Until After The Fight.

A BETTER question/argument is did Jones's own camp know and not tell him?

There's not much they can do in this instance. Can't pull Jones from the fight or risk him fighting it in court, the commission essentially drops this news at your door step and says "but we weren't really supposed to do that" and you're left holding the bag. If you can't trust WADA, who can ya trust?

I'm very curious to see how this plays out and who gets left holding the bag (no pun intended).

the article said the only reason this failed test came to light was bbecause someone made a public records request for jones' drug test....I wonder who made the request?

cormierportrait_zps71235d2a.jpg

would it be possible DC took a whiff and smell something off from jones...

I'm very curious to see how this plays out and who gets left holding the bag (no pun intended).

It looks like, at this point, everybody is going to make with a goody bag and a dog shit bag at this point. Perhaps it's best that way:

NSAC looks good because they used testing to catch a dude in the act of using street narcotics during a test. They look like shit because it was the wrong test and they're running around with their heads cut off.

The UFC looks good because they look sympathetic standing by Jones and oh, by the way, they just collected probably close to 20-30 mil for UFC 182. They look like shit because their top champ has a cocaine problem and they let him fight knowing that.

Jon Jones looks good because he's now a sympathetic figure, a guy with a problem who is going to get help. He also got to collect a mammoth pay day vs DC. He looks like shit because well...it's HIS mess that caused this whole mess.

the article said the only reason this failed test came to light was bbecause someone made a public records request for jones' drug test....I wonder who made the request?

cormierportrait_zps71235d2a.jpg

Random tangent:

I have that drawing hanging on my wall.

Incredulous Cormier for liiiiiiiife.

A BETTER question/argument is did Jones's own camp know and not tell him?

So you're going to tell your guy who's defending his title against one of the baddest dudes on the planet, who's emotionally invested in this fight like no other, that he popped for cocaine a few weeks before the actual fight? Yup, I see nothing wrong with this idea! :rolleyes: If they would've told Jon prior to the fight, I can almost guarantee Jon would've lost against DC.

ok why are we still fighting about this?even if jones or anyone knew wada wasn't suppose to test jones for these type of drugs...........

So you're going to tell your guy who's defending his title against one of the baddest dudes on the planet, who's emotionally invested in this fight like no other, that he popped for cocaine a few weeks before the actual fight? Yup, I see nothing wrong with this idea! :rolleyes: If they would've told Jon prior to the fight, I can almost guarantee Jon would've lost against DC.

Oh no I hear ya out. The reason I bring it up is because, again, WADA has an obligation to alert the fighter and the commission. If Jones boofed a drug test, they're telling him or at the very least, his manager/handler. So somebody in Jones's camp kept that under wraps.

As far as sports scandals go this is pretty tame stuff.

Both tests were positive for cocaine metabolites.

Like a boss....my man. I like JJ more after this incident.

Oh no I hear ya out. The reason I bring it up is because, again, WADA has an obligation to alert the fighter and the commission. If Jones boofed a drug test, they're telling him or at the very least, his manager/handler. So somebody in Jones's camp kept that under wraps.

I can see what you're saying about keeping the results hush hush. I think people in Jones' camp know all about Jon though. It's like that scene at the end of Blow where everyone at the table knows this "last drug deal" is a sting operation except for George, the main character. You kind of just have to let him get caught for him to get it.

Also, if anyone cares Eric Clapton's "Cocaine" just came up on my iPod...coincidence? I THINK NOT! Seriously though...it came on...a little mood music. :cool:

Last edited:
Did you read the article in the OP? Or any of the other articles? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that question has been addressed countless times already.

It's common place here. A large percentage of posters and usually the ones who are the most vocal don't read any of the information that's available to us.

Would you tell a fighter who pulled out of 151 leading to that event being canceled that he has crushing life altering negative news that would making him look horrible right before the biggest fight of his life that also happened to be the biggest pay per view the UFC has had in at least a year?

This is bs. Dana protects Jon until two days after the fight. So he can tell him how to handle it.

Also tested twice and failed both even tho one sample was watered down.

Kinda misleading way for you to say that since the two samples were taken on the same day Dec. 4th.

Would you tell a fighter who pulled out of 151 leading to that event being canceled that he has crushing life altering negative news that would making him look horrible right before the biggest fight of his life that also happened to be the biggest pay per view the UFC has had in at least a year?

It's not the UFC's duty to tell him to begin with. That falls on WADA. So somebody from WADA had to inform him or his camp. Long story short: either Jones knew it all along, WADA fucked this thing up from the jump OR Jones' camp was told and they just hush hushed it from him.

Back