Ufc Hid Jones Test Results From Him Until After The Fight.

This is on the commission more so than on the UFC. It also could be a violation of HIPPA as well. At the very least it is a serious ethical violation. The promoter shouldn't be notified by the commission before the combatant if at all. The promoter should not have discretion as to when the combatant is informed. This really is a big deal.

to who?

I've not so quietly disliked Jones but I dont think this is really an issue. Cocaine might have some benefits for prepping(lots of downside risk too) but I dont really consider it a factor in the fight which is what I care(I use that term loosely) about. His low testosterone ratio is what people need to dig deeper into.

We have a winner!

from a sports perspective I dont give any craps, as for respecting jones as a father. . . Well kinda shady of him, but what do you expect from a 27year old in his situation? Imagine if they tested Chuck like this in his prime?

There might be something in HIPPA where Jones results aren't supposed to be known. Even though it seems likely he might have used some kind of agent, this information is supposed to be confidential.

But good, get it out in the open I say! When you're a fighter and you're putting someone elses health on the line it becomes a big deal.

He did so much coke that it showed up on the Steroid test?
He's using coke as a masking agent for the steroids?

I don't know, but Jon went up in my book... giving us idiots something to talk about during downtime between fights.

he is a msg board messiah.

As dumb as it was for Jones to be doing coke.... the UFC handling of this whole fiasco is even worse. I mean, i'm as glad as anyone that this didn't come out before hand and ruin the fight. I admit that. But this is some shady stuff. They want to be taken seriously as an organization and a sport yet pull stuff like this.

There might be something in HIPPA where Jones results aren't supposed to be known. Even though it seems likely he might have used some kind of agent, this information is supposed to be confidential.

But good, get it out in the open I say! When you're a fighter and you're putting someone elses health on the line it becomes a big deal.

Here's where things get sketchy, I guess: if it's true that it's public record to request the drug testing information but the wrong test is administered, is that test still public information or do you have a HIPPA violation?

I've not so quietly disliked Jones but I dont think this is really an issue. Cocaine might have some benefits for prepping(lots of downside risk too) but I dont really consider it a factor in the fight which is what I care(I use that term loosely) about. His low testosterone ratio is what people need to dig deeper into.

How is the low t a problem?

As dumb as it was for Jones to be doing coke.... the UFC handling of this whole fiasco is even worse. I mean, i'm as glad as anyone that this didn't come out before hand and ruin the fight. I admit that. But this is some shady stuff. They want to be taken seriously as an organization and a sport yet pull stuff like this.

Again, there's no way that Jones didn't know. WADA has to inform the failing fighter and the commission. Jones knew and if he didn't know, he needs to sue WADA for not telling him.

Again, there's no way that Jones didn't know. WADA has to inform the failing fighter and the commission. Jones knew and if he didn't know, he needs to sue WADA for not telling him.

Yeah, it seems pretty likely that he had to know. I dunno. In any case, the UFC looks pretty bad with how they have handled it IMO. The whole thing reeks to high heaven.
God almighty, what a clusterfuck.

It came up because if you've used drugs and you take a pee or blood test it's going to show up. They may not have been testing for it but it showed up nonetheless.

Dude...that's not how testing works. This aint Star Trek where the tricorder gives them a complete analysis. They test FOR things, and those things show up or not.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues, Cocaine.
When your day is done and you wanna run, Cocaine.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on, Cocaine.
Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back, Cocaine.

This is Gossip. If UFC would do this, then it would be their biggest mistake up to date.

Last year was horrible for them, why would they risk with one of their biggest stars in such way.

what should the ufc have done?

Yeah, it seems pretty likely that he had to know. I dunno. In any case, the UFC looks pretty bad with how they have handled it IMO. The whole thing reeks to high heaven.
God almighty, what a clusterfuck.

There's not much they can do in this instance. Can't pull Jones from the fight or risk him fighting it in court, the commission essentially drops this news at your door step and says "but we weren't really supposed to do that" and you're left holding the bag. If you can't trust WADA, who can ya trust?

Who gives a flying fuck. The moral crusaders need to take a big step backward and literally fuck their own face. Get get get get over it. Ok Go.

This is what I'm saying. I just don't get the idea that he should be stripped of his accomplishments because he partied with drinks, tail and drugs. We don't have to like it just like we don't have to like his choice of cologne or antiperspirant.

But at the end of the day, what difference does it make to us directly? Has he somehow wronged us?? Do we need to be avenged??? Does he need to be punished????

I say we could all get a life and then we'd have so little time left over that we'd be able to appreciate his greatness instead of rifle through his personal life.

Back