Ufc Hid Jones Test Results From Him Until After The Fight.

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is bs. Dana protects Jon until two days after the fight. So he can tell him how to handle it.

According to sources close to the situation, Jones was not notified by the Nevada Athletic Commission of the failed drug test before the fight. Sources say he was informed by UFC officials on Monday, two days after UFC 182. NAC executive director Bob Bennett told MMAFighting.com that he would defer to the UFC about when the promotion informed Jones of the news but confirmed that, to the best of his knowledge, Jones was only told after the fight. The UFC declined to comment on their timeline of events.

Also tested twice and failed both even tho one sample was watered down.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...mmission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

Wouldn't this have effected the betting odds? Seems like a good way to make money. Someone should file a lawsuit.

Who gives a flying fuck. The moral crusaders need to take a big step backward and literally fuck their own face. Get get get get over it. Ok Go.

I've not so quietly disliked Jones but I dont think this is really an issue. Cocaine might have some benefits for prepping(lots of downside risk too) but I dont really consider it a factor in the fight which is what I care(I use that term loosely) about. His low testosterone ratio is what people need to dig deeper into.

This is on the commission more so than on the UFC. It also could be a violation of HIPPA as well. At the very least it is a serious ethical violation. The promoter shouldn't be notified by the commission before the combatant if at all. The promoter should not have discretion as to when the combatant is informed. This really is a big deal.

what's worse someone doing coke which isn't even banned or trt being legal? Because the latter really happened.

I've not so quietly disliked Jones but I dont think this is really an issue. Cocaine might have some benefits for prepping(lots of downside risk too) but I dont really consider it a factor in the fight which is what I care(I use that term loosely) about. His low testosterone ratio is what people need to dig deeper into.

100% this.

Coke is a non-issue.

Reminds me of the time that the state of Nevada held off Floyd Mayweather going to jail, so that he could fight.

I believe it... I feel like Jon would have tried to have a little bit of class if he knew what was coming.

But that could also be the reason Dana all of a sudden suggested that Jones "embrace the heel role". B/c he knew what was coming.

He shouldn't have been tested for that to begin with:

The unanswerable question at this stage is why a test was conducted for street drugs. No one at the commission can answer that and it appears that the test was done erroneously.

One person familiar with the procedures involved in anti-doping said a test for recreational drugs, or so-called drugs of abuse, would not be following the WADA Code and thus shouldn't have been done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jo...2-after-positive-drug-test-075021247-mma.html

This is on the commission more so than on the UFC. It also could be a violation of HIPPA as well.

This is an ethical violation at the least. The promoter shouldn't be notified by the commission before the combatant if at all. The promoter should not have discretion as to when the combatant is informed. This really is a big deal.

Agreed. I made this point in another thread, but what if we were dealing with someone who tested positive for a type of medicine that's banned in competition but not out? Would the AC release that information (to the UFC or the public or whatever), thus telling people about a fighter's medical condition? It's easy to shrug this one off because he was caught doing an illegal drug, but this has greater implications, imo.

Who cares? It didn't affect the figtht in any way.

Same idiots complaining would've bitched endlessly if the UFC cancelled the fight cause Jones failed a test for coke.

Yeah im glad the fight wasn't cancelled regardless. He still might get suspended according to the article stating that his post-fight drug test results haven't been released. That would be news.

Same idiots complaining would've bitched endlessly if the UFC cancelled the fight cause Jones failed a test for coke.

Couldn't cancel it anyways:

However, the UFC doesn't appear to have had the ability to pull Jones from the bout. Given that Jones did not violate any rules, he had a signed contract and was ready, willing, able and eager to fight.

Had the UFC attempted to yank him from the card, Jones could easily have sought an injunction to permit him to fight, and he would have had a strong case.

the article said the only reason this failed test came to light was bbecause someone made a public records request for jones' drug test....I wonder who made the request?

cormierportrait_zps71235d2a.jpg

I don't blame them. This is a personal issue that doesn't change what would happen inside the cage. Do you really want a guy to have a huge personal issue pop up before a huge fight, game, event? UFC did the right thing here instead of adding distraction.

Back