Ufc Hid Jones Test Results From Him Until After The Fight.

Sometimes I suspect that Zuffa has the same PR guys than Jon....
However they are trying to spin this, it is just terrible that they knew of Jon's addiction but said "Let us do something only AFTER the fight"!
If something happened during the fight (i.e. Jon have a heart attack), this could kill Zuffa worse than Mob connection did to Pride!!!

Reaching desperately. As far as I am aware he was not high on cocaine during the fight.

B6xuJluIIAAzZGc.png

For those believing Jon Jones didn't know.

NAC executive director Bob Bennett told MMAFighting.com that he would defer to the UFC about when the promotion informed Jones of the news but confirmed that, to the best of his knowledge, Jones was only told after the fight.

I'm so confused...

UFC is quickly becoming the new PRIDE. Waiting for the first Yakuza to show up at Dana's to cash in.

Now, considering coke wasn't banned according to them, then they didn't really need to disclose the results til 'an appropriate time'...if the UFC felt Jones' head would implode and he would pull out of the fight, then yeah I can see why they held the news back...the show must go on and all that.

BUT

The testosterone levels? That info would surely have been relayed also, and holding that back is very fucking shady indeed.

I find it uncomfortable that they are capable of surpressing information, it makes me wonder what other fighters have had similar things happen that we haven't heard about.

doubt it's true but if it is i think it ups the chance he fails his post fight... which would be epic... hopefully he does

Whatever the case may be, Jones is one great character. Fun to watch inside the cage, fun to talk about outside.
bones_1024x1024.png

what's wrong with you people?

he actually did not fail the test, he passed. Testing for cocaine was accidental and had no effect on his license, thus the fight taking place.

Telling anyone about this before would have been totally useless, the fight was still scheduled, all drug tests that had to be passed were passed by both guys (again, the cocaine test is not one that has to be passed to be licensed) and all this would have accomplished would be create a big shitstorm over literally nothing of larger importance. And mess with Jones head and possibly greatly affect the fight.

I think both the commissions and UFC are shady as fuck and I am very worried about the future when they keep working together so closely with the promised random drug testing but in this case they acted the right way.

Who gives a flying fuck. The moral crusaders need to take a big step backward and literally fuck their own face. Get get get get over it. Ok Go.

We should all listen to this very intelligent person right here^^^

Back