UFC Fight Night Yusuff vs. Barboza Pre-fight discussion Sat. Oct. 14 4pm ET ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The UFC returns Saturday with another 'pretty good for a free fight night' card. In the main event Featherweights Sodiq Yusuff and Edson Barboza engage in a five round scrap that is sure to bring excitement. Do you think it will go the distance? Which other fights interest you? Care to share any previews, thoughts or predictions? Please keep the conversation civil. Enjoy!

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 230 Yusuff vs. Barboza
OCT 14, 2023 UFC APEX, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES

Saturday 10.14.2023 at 04:00 PM ET
US Broadcast: ESPN+

F7wJq4hW8AAZi9a.jpg

Main Event FeatherW SODIQ YUSUFF 13-2-0 vs. EDSON BARBOZA 23-11-0
Co-main Flyweight Jennifer Maia 21-9-1 vs. Viviane Araujo 11-5-0
Bantamweight Jonathan Martinez 18-4-0 vs. Adrian Yanez 16-4-0
Middleweight Andre Petroski 10-1-0 vs. Michel Pereira 28-11-0
Catchweight 130 Edgar Chairez 10-5-0 vs. Daniel da Silva 11-5-0
Bantamweight Christian Rodriguez 9-1-0 vs. Cameron Saaiman 9-0-0
Featherweight Darren Elkins 27-11-0 vs. T.J. Brown 17-10-0
Bantamweight Tainara Lisboa 6-2-0 vs. Ravena Oliveira 7-1-1
Lightweight Terrance McKinney 14-6-0 vs. Brendon Marotte 8-1-0
Bantamweight Irina Alekseeva 5-1-0 vs. Melissa Dixon 5-0-0
Bantamweight Chris Gutierrez 19-5-2 vs. Heili Alateng 16-8-2
Strawweight Ashley Yoder 8-8-0 vs. Emily Ducote 12-8-0

In this week's episode Shillan & Duffy make their picks and previews. Other topics include Canadian Thanksgiving, Indigenous People's Day and why this card gets better as it goes along.

The UFC returns Saturday with another 'pretty good for a free fight night' card. In the main event Featherweights Sodiq Yusuff and Edson Barboza engage in a five round scrap that is sure to bring excitement. Do you think it will go the distance? Which other fights interest you? Care to share any previews, thoughts or predictions? Please keep the conversation civil. Enjoy!

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 230 Yusuff vs. Barboza
OCT 14, 2023 UFC APEX, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES

Saturday 10.14.2023 at 04:00 PM ET
US Broadcast: ESPN+

F7wJq4hW8AAZi9a.jpg

Main Event FeatherW SODIQ YUSUFF 13-2-0 vs. EDSON BARBOZA 23-11-0
Co-main Flyweight Jennifer Maia 21-9-1 vs. Viviane Araujo 11-5-0
Bantamweight Jonathan Martinez 18-4-0 vs. Adrian Yanez 16-4-0
Middleweight Andre Petroski 10-1-0 vs. Michel Pereira 28-11-0
Catchweight 130 Edgar Chairez 10-5-0 vs. Daniel da Silva 11-5-0
Bantamweight Christian Rodriguez 9-1-0 vs. Cameron Saaiman 9-0-0
Featherweight Darren Elkins 27-11-0 vs. T.J. Brown 17-10-0
Bantamweight Tainara Lisboa 6-2-0 vs. Ravena Oliveira 7-1-1
Lightweight Terrance McKinney 14-6-0 vs. Brendon Marotte 8-1-0
Bantamweight Irina Alekseeva 5-1-0 vs. Melissa Dixon 5-0-0
Bantamweight Chris Gutierrez 19-5-2 vs. Heili Alateng 16-8-2
Strawweight Ashley Yoder 8-8-0 vs. Emily Ducote 12-8-0

In this week's episode Shillan & Duffy make their picks and previews. Other topics include Canadian Thanksgiving, Indigenous People's Day and why this card gets better as it goes along.

I've been promised there's nothing on the agenda at all this weekend, so I'll be here for all of it :cool:

some serious bangers this weekend - for me the highlights are gonna be martinez v. yanez and maia v. araujo (a legit wflw contenders fight)

meantime, what the heck did Chris Gutierrez do to ufc brass? he was hot for a minute after ko-ing Frankie Edgar and now he's one up from the curtain jerker fighting a journeyman o_O

welcome back clem! sorry the mouth breathers got to you... :(

:eek: Very stressful last week for me. Busy busy... even while watching the card Saturday. But I think this week will be a little better on my nerves, and, once again, a solid Fight Night coming. :):):)

103212-3713720.png

Charles and his crew when it was time to fly to Abu Dhabi...

I tought that barboza retired
anyway, looks like a boring card

Preview: UFC Fight Night 230 Yusuff vs. Barboza
TOM FEELY OCT 12, 2023

The Ultimate Fighting Championship does business out of the UFC Apex for the second straight week on Saturday in Las Vegas, this time with UFC Fight Night 230—a card with some surprising depth.

The main event is a big spot for featherweight Sodiq Yusuff, as he looks to eschew his prospect label and become a full-blown contender with a win over longtime stalwart Edson Barboza. Meanwhile, women’s flyweight veterans try to beak back into contention in the co-headliner, which sees Jennifer Maia take on Viviane Araujo at 125 pounds.

Further down the lineup, there are some interesting fights with some high-upside talents. Jonathan Martinez and Adrian Yanez seek their best wins yet in a deep bantamweight division; Andre Petroski faces Michel Pereira in a clear clash of styles at middleweight; and young guns Christian Rodriguez and Cameron Saaiman push to stay ahead of schedule at 135 pounds.

Now to the UFC Fight Night “Yusuff vs. Barboza” preview:

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-Fight-Night-230-Yusuff-vs-Barboza-191367

Viviane Araujo is on a two fight losing streak, odd placement for that fight.

The last 24-36 hours have been the worst in SD history, imo. I’ve never seen such nonsense, lying, and ridiculous comments from the LCD, before.

All due respect to those that deserve it. There are MANY of you.

This is not the UFC that caught my interest back in the day. And though it was sometimes a little draconian in moderation. This is not the SD from back in the day, either.

I have such a deep disconnect in what I think, feel, and know to be right. As compared to many people on the site since about 2015.

I do not paint everybody with one brush. I don’t pull any punches, either. 99.99% of the people that make comments in these threads (pre-fight thread) are good people, imo.

Smart, knowledgeable people, and fair people, imo. As it relates to UFC discussion. I appreciate what you people add to the site. You are a credit to SD.

I just don’t have a lot to say about this card right now. Because I’ve had a lot going on the last 2-3 weeks. And the shit these last cpl days astound me. But I read what the regs in here say. And I appreciate your honest responses, and comments.

Thank you @PurpleStorm for the thread.

Fuck why does Chris Gutierrez need to be the second fight? Can we please stop putting good fights early in favor of the wmma fights near the top already?

Sadly, when events are held at the apex it oftentimes means the cards aren't good enough for an arena, let alone PPV.

Didn't know Pereira was fighting. At MW too. Finally.
But pitted against a killer. It's really sink or swim for him.

Back