• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Night - Makhachev vs Moises

Morozov +140
Viera -225
Makhachev Moises over 2.5rds -215

I want to play Quarantillo. Any thoughts on that matchup?

Morozov +140
Viera -225
Makhachev Moises over 2.5rds -215

I want to play Quarantillo. Any thoughts on that matchup?
Benitez is a way better striker with good first layer takedown defense. Quarantillo might homer simpson his way to a victory but I think the chance of that happening is small. Is this fight in the small octagon?

Benitez is a way better striker with good first layer takedown defense. Quarantillo might homer simpson his way to a victory but I think the chance of that happening is small. Is this fight in the small octagon?
yup small cage

Yea I would agree, Islam definitely isn’t a sub hunter and favors positional grappling. Not a lot of gnp either. I’d favor Moises surviving the 5 rounds more times than not

He opened up and showed good gnp in his last fight vs Dober. Now, Dober is a wrestler who's nowhere near as good off his back as someone like Moises so I agree that absolutely needs to be taken into account. On the flip side, 5 rounds is a LONG time to have to fight off your back and be stuck underneath a guy like Islam. Although it's possible that Islam fights early on more like he did vs Ramos where he was willing to strike and not go right to his grappling.

I definitely like that o2.5 that @DogsAndKisses is betting. But I can also very easily see a late finish cashing.

Going to play Dustin Stoltzfu. Brown belt in luta livre , bjj purple , good defense off his back . he scrambled back up against Daukaus and was able to weather the grappling storm. Viera wont have the striking edge like Kyle did, Dustin can light em up with hooks he likes to throw and get a tko finish in the third round.

He opened up and showed good gnp in his last fight vs Dober. Now, Dober is a wrestler who's nowhere near as good off his back as someone like Moises so I agree that absolutely needs to be taken into account. On the flip side, 5 rounds is a LONG time to have to fight off your back and be stuck underneath a guy like Islam. Although it's possible that Islam fights early on more like he did vs Ramos where he was willing to strike and not go right to his grappling.

I definitely like that o2.5 that @DogsAndKisses is betting. But I can also very easily see a late finish cashing.
Rewatch that Dober fight if you're going off memory bro. The gnp was pretty nonexistent as usual. Just a ton of in guard and top half control. Actually got a confidence increase when in round 2 Dober was able to get his back to the fence and sort of get back up, forgot about that.

Also, I kind of hate doing the "he just broke, he quit, etc" thing, but if there ever was an argument for it it could be made in that fight. Dober had Islam in half guard and basically tapped to shoulder pressure on the neck. Idk if Moises or other guys would tap to that.

I don't think it would be wise to strike w Moises like he did Davi and def not expecting it. Davi clearly lacking in that department as opposed to his world class jits, while Moises has lost from bottom to Dariush and Ismagulov but looked pretty damn good outstriking Hernandez for 3 rds.

So Islam hasn't lost in almost 6 years and got knocked out. What are the odds Moises' hands have improved and somehow this fight doesn't play out like we think on the ground?

Tate hasn't fought in what, 5 years and she's a -135 favorite?

I know Renau is a hand picked opponent for the random Tate comeback, but that's a LOT of ring rust from a good, not elite, fighter to knock off.

Wait holy shit. Renau is 44 years old?

I know Renau is a hand picked opponent for the random Tate comeback, but that's a LOT of ring rust from a good, not elite, fighter to knock out.

Plus 2 children in that time. And I still bet Tate. Gulp.

Kind of counting on her to at minimum be as good as she was 5 years ago. If she is, the price is great since Reneau is pretty horrible and can't defend a td to save her life.

So Islam hasn't lost in almost 6 years and got knocked out. What are the odds Moises' hands have improved and somehow this fight doesn't play out like we think on the ground?
Moises 100% improving, you can see it fight to fight. He looked great vs Hernandez. But yeah, hes not stopping tds lol

I think I know the answer! +500 on moises!

Plus 2 children in that time. And I still bet Tate. Gulp.

Kind of counting on her to at minimum be as good as she was 5 years ago. If she is, the price is great since Reneau is pretty horrible and can't defend a td to save her life.
You talk all that smack about how great of a gambler you are and you admit you bet Tate?

Irony

And you gave me a hard time for betting on ruiz.

Rewatch that Dober fight if you're going off memory bro. The gnp was pretty nonexistent as usual. Just a ton of in guard and top half control. Actually got a confidence increase when in round 2 Dober was able to get his back to the fence and sort of get back up, forgot about that.

Also, I kind of hate doing the "he just broke, he quit, etc" thing, but if there ever was an argument for it it could be made in that fight. Dober had Islam in half guard and basically tapped to shoulder pressure on the neck. Idk if Moises or other guys would tap to that.

I don't think it would be wise to strike w Moises like he did Davi and def not expecting it. Davi clearly lacking in that department as opposed to his world class jits, while Moises has lost from bottom to Dariush and Ismagulov but looked pretty damn good outstriking Hernandez for 3 rds.

I'm definitely going off memory on the Dober fight. I did rewatch the Ramos fight though.

Maybe Moises has a better gas tank than Ramos? Davi looked DONE at the end of Rd 3. It will be interesting to see how this fight plays out as it gets to the later rounds.

You talk all that smack about how great of a gambler are and you admit you bet Tate?

Irony

And you gave me a hard time for betting on ruiz.
lol I don't talk smack about it its just a fact man. My link in my sig proves that.

But i'm perfectly comfortable conceding to any argument about this being square. I'm relying solely on Tate to be as good as she was based on her IG and the fact shes been with a great camp in Xtreme Couture. You can hate the play and thats cool but can't act like one decision takes away all those stats in the link in my sig

I know Renau is a hand picked opponent for the random Tate comeback, but that's a LOT of ring rust from a good, not elite, fighter to knock off.

Tate could always take a punch; unless her opponent was Amanda Nunes. Reneau has to go out a fight a gritty scrappy fight similar to Pennington's capability. She's not capable in my eyes at 44 years old. Tate should win this, but should be faded soon depending on the matchup.

I'm definitely going off memory on the Dober fight. I did rewatch the Ramos fight though.

Maybe Moises has a better gas tank than Ramos? Davi looked DONE at the end of Rd 3. It will be interesting to see how this fight plays out as it gets to the later rounds.
Yeah everyone has a better gas tank than Ramos though lol you could argue Moises cardio is a question mark based off the Green fight but its the only time hes slowed, technically won r3 anyway iirc, and Green landed some hard body knees that prob contributed to that

Doesn't even need to think hard, Makachev by tko/ko or worst cage decision mark my words

I think I know the answer! +500 on moises!

Lol. You know what I mean....But since you answered that way (and someone else said Moises won't be able to stop the takedown), is Moises just hopeless here? I mean, I just kind of figured in this 25 minute matchup that maybe if Islam wouldn't sub/GnP Moises, are we just going to see a 25 minute lay and pray victory? Asking I guess before I bother wasting the time this week and just moving on to next week.

Back