Bar keeps lowering UFC Vegas 88 might be worst card ever on paper

Ceerod Vs Dulgarian is a highly intriguing fight for me.

Anyway this is between the stacked 299 and 300 cards so the fight nights (especially the Apex ones) were always going to suffer.

Looking at it again I also think Battle Vs Loosa is a good fight. GM3 Vs Bam Bam is a solid vet fight. Culibao Vs Danny Silva is pretty interesting too.

Call me a casual but I do not bother with fight night cards. Its no different then being a fan of the Premier League and not tuning in tomorrow for Sheffield vs Palace unless your from there.

That word can be synonymous with a lot of other wants. Whatever point you're trying to get across is stupid as well. What are you addressing? Certainly not the point?

It's a pretty simple statement. Whining about unranked fighters in an effort describe how bad a card is doesn't help get the point across because rankings don't matter.

I was ready to say no its not just look at all the great....but yeah it sucks overall agreed.

I might.only be interested in the Cory fight. She probably the underdog so looking out for her to grind out the win.

Jesus people complain a lot. This is far from the worst card ever. Might not have the names, but there are some banger fights. Also we are in for some really stacked PPVs coming up. Every card can't be stacked from top to bottom.

Not a single fighter with potential to be a legit contender smh…

<DisgustingHHH>

There are others that have been worse on paper, and a lot of others that we perceived as worse at the time. The guys on them were unranked and/or less known to us than they are now. Everyone's pretty cool with a Bobby Green fight nowadays. Nobody used to really care in the past.

There are others that have been worse on paper, and a lot of others that we perceived as worse at the time. The guys on them were unranked and/or less known to us than they are now. Everyone's pretty cool with a Bobby Green fight nowadays. Nobody used to really care in the past.

The only cards to rival it are some random international cards. It's a strong contender for WOAT American card and definitely bottom 3. It's extremely bad.

Here are the UFC 'win' streaks of the top 5 main card fights.

0-3 vs 0-1
0-3 vs 0-1
0-1 vs 0-1
0-1 vs 0-1
0-1 vs debut

NONE of the top 10 fighters on the card are coming off a win in the UFC. That is unprecedented and absurd.

I mean a main and a co-main both having guys coming off 3-fight losing streaks is incredible enough itself. But to have 7 fighters around them coming off losses as well with another on debut is just a masterpiece of trash.

The only cards to rival it are some random international cards. It's a strong contender for WOAT American card and definitely bottom 3. It's extremely bad.

Here are the UFC 'win' streaks of the top 5 main card fights.

0-3 vs 0-1
0-3 vs 0-1
0-1 vs 0-1
0-1 vs 0-1
0-1 vs debut

NONE of the top 10 fighters on the card are coming off a win in the UFC. That is unprecedented and absurd.

I mean a main and a co-main both having guys coming off 3-fight losing streaks is incredible enough itself. But to have 7 fighters around them coming off losses as well with another on debut is just a masterpiece of trash.
I'm not saying it's a good card (and the main event is complete trash), but win streaks and slight skids don't always mean a ton. Strickland entered 2023 on a two fight skid and was champion nine months later.

Tai Tuivasa is always popular with the casuals, I'll be hoping for a shooey knock out

Brad Riddell is already out of retirement?? That's cool and all, but after losing his last 2 on the ground, you'd think they'd give the New-Zealand kickboxer, well, not someone like Thiago Moisés who is a BJJ BB and all.

As always I'll be rooting for Jafel Pastor Filho, been following this stud since Shooto Brasil (he was once the FW champ there, but that was before it made an automatic UFC TS)

Lastly, I have a soft spot for Josh "Kuya" Culibao, so of course I hope he demolishes his opponent and goes on a nice run, same from Bryan "Pooh Bear" Battle that I've been following since TUF Brasil 4

I mean I personally find finishes and people trying to make themselves known by going all out entertaining.

But if you find looking at little numbers next to their name on the screen more entertaining than that, then that’s up to you.

I mean I personally find finishes and people trying to make themselves known by going all out entertaining.

But if you find looking at little numbers next to their name on the screen more entertaining than that, then that’s up to you.

This is an interesting angle. The normal kinds of apologia and deflection, like the classic 'shit cards usually turn out good' lie, are to be expected.

But I'm not sure I've seen someone outright mock the idea that someone would want to watch ranked fighters rather than random bums they've never heard of, losing streak cans or the elderly (OSP).

I guess the shilling has to get more unhinged and more desperate the more desperate the state of the card.

I agree insofar as exceedingly few if any of these bouts have imminent divisional implications and there's only a handful of potential "prospects" to keep an eye on here... but on the flip side I can't say that I'm not at least moderately interested in most of these fights as a fan.

I cant name 5 but i seem to remember the last couple cards that looked wack on paper delivered in terms of finishes and bad ass fights.

Tai vs Tybura is awesome for me. I wanna see it.

This is an interesting angle. The normal kinds of apologia and deflection, like the classic 'shit cards usually turn out good' lie, are to be expected.

But I'm not sure I've seen someone outright mock the idea that someone would want to watch ranked fighters rather than random bums they've never heard of, losing streak cans or the elderly (OSP).

I guess the shilling has to get more unhinged and more desperate the more desperate the state of the card.
Well as much as ranked fighters do bring entertainment. In the new era of the sport, a lot of ranked fights tend to be played very safe, as a loss sets them back a lot of money, and we've seen guys coming off of 10 fight win streaks not get title shots, let alone coming off a loss.

I'm just saying, we watch the sport for the just bleed god and the spectacular knockouts. And they tend to be in the prelims, where people are trying to make a name for themselves.

Everybody was a no name at some point, even the stars we know of today. Watching the sport evolve is great.

But name value, is just name value. It doesn't mean anything for how entertaining the card is going to be.

I like a ranked fight as much as the next man. But I also like entertainment, and frankly, we can't judge entertainment based off of a photo of fighters and their opponents.

Moises VS Riddell
Culibao VS Silva
Rodriguez VS Dulgarian

only good fights.. And none main card caliber on any decent card

3 horrific WMMA, alot of washed up fighters.... top it off main event Tai Tuivasa VS Marcin Tybura feels like a fight thats already happened but LMAO @ main event

Usually I would say that a lot of cards look bad on paper blah, blah, blah. But yeah, you're right. That's really bad lol.

Back