Bar keeps lowering UFC Vegas 88 might be worst card ever on paper

you mean the card full of PFL / Bellator / Rizin champions is low tier? no way dude.

This is what happens when you have a TV/streaming deal. You have to provide content. As long as a TV network keeps paying for it, we'll keep having to sit through it (or not - I'm not watching these kind of cards).

As bad as these cards are, networks like ESPN see it as a benefit for advertisers, demographics, etc. The old UFC we know will never exist anymore. They used to be a PPV company and HAD to stack their PPVs to make money and stay in business. That's no longer the case.
Sad but true

Moises VS Riddell
Culibao VS Silva
Rodriguez VS Dulgarian

only good fights.. And none main card caliber on any decent card

3 horrific WMMA, alot of washed up fighters.... top it off main event Tai Tuivasa VS Marcin Tybura feels like a fight thats already happened but LMAO @ main event

Show some respect. Everyone on that card could whoop your ass.

Bad fighters in terms of skillset.......awesome in terms of potential finishes.

This card will bring the heat.

This is what happens when you have a TV/streaming deal. You have to provide content. As long as a TV network keeps paying for it, we'll keep having to sit through it (or not - I'm not watching these kind of cards).

As bad as these cards are, networks like ESPN see it as a benefit for advertisers, demographics, etc. The old UFC we know will never exist anymore. They used to be a PPV company and HAD to stack their PPVs to make money and stay in business. That's no longer the case.
This is basically what is happening. The revenue structure for UFC has changed and most of that is due to ESPN.

More guaranteed income via major ESPN dollars, less reliant on PPV buys (though they're still important).
Merchsndise sales and arena ticket sales generate quite large amounts and then there's corporate sponsors etc.
-then there's Abu Dhabi revenue and upcoming Saudi revenue. These countries pay handsomely and they're important to UFC.

It's just different these days.

298/299/300 all look to be pretty good to stacked cards. Obviously slowing down fight nights would be ideal but we’ve got some really good cards coming up. The trade off is some bad fight nights.

Correct, it all started with the ESPN deal. It no longer needs to be quality, just quantity. The UFC gets paid no matter what.

Pretty bad but it's in between 299 & 300 so I'm not surprised. Mfer.

Rankings don't matter

That word can be synonymous with a lot of other wants. Whatever point you're trying to get across is stupid as well. What are you addressing? Certainly not the point?

no name or Star value AND at the Apex? Lmao

It isnt great but far from the worst. Tai vs. Tybura beats any WMMA headliner.

I've seen cards that looked like diamonds on paper and they sucked.
I've seen cards that looked terrible and they're aces.

I watch all the fights on every card, and I can say that more times than not...the judges ruin the card more than the fighters do.

Culibao real cool but Washedivasa not so much lately

What is that, 3 ranked fights and 2 fights on the main that could get someone ranked? Definitely a shit card, but not exactly one that stands out for being shitty these days

I think there will be a lot of finishes but the stakes and interest for the card are sort of low.

A lot of fight nights today are the equivalent of King of the Cage cards 15 years ago, maybe just with higher ranked fighters in the main event.

Show some respect. Everyone on that card could whoop your ass.

So would anyone on a regional LFA card. Doesnt mean we should expect the #1 MMA promotion to put out garbage like this.

We wont expect NBA to put G League teams on primetime basketball.

Back