UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo

But Perry/Gall was headcase Mike Perry where his entire corner was his new girlfriend. That was a shell of a fighter if I've ever seen one and he dominated Gall. I mean, the guy was getting into street fights and was lucky he wasn't criminally charged; his life fell apart. Losing that bad and getting outgrappled that hard is not even close to a good look. Morono won't do that to him, but Gall has serious limitations in the grappling department despite much being better than Morono. His match with Gordon Ryan was impressive in that he didn't get subbed, but that was a very different Gordon Ryan than the GOAT we know today. Gall is a switch stance with height and reach, but he's not gonna win the striking here. He was neck and neck with headcase Perry, but that's a very different thing. I haven't taped this fight so I don't have a good read on it though the odds seem a little wide as on paper I could see Gall getting a sub.

It was headcase Perry yeah, but he evidently was still training cardio like a madman and aside from that, he just used his brute strength advantage to win the grappling. Perry is a super strong dude if nothing else.

Of course it wasn't the Gordon Ryan of today, nobody would argue that. Gordon is like 50 lbs bigger and is literally a favorite over anyone in the world in a no gi match. But Gordon was still unquestionably world class at that point.

I'm not advocating a big play on Gall or anything, just that paying big juice on Morono (and especially "unloading" like the one guy said) seems like a bad play to me. Dog or pass for sure.

UFC Vegas 44: Rob Font vs Jose Aldo

Saturday, December 4

Rob Font:

“It’s huge, another main event in Vegas, I love Vegas. It’s another big name, a legend, a former champ, basically a Hall of Famer,” Font said on Just Scrap Radio on BJPENN.com. “This is a big fight, big name, and another main event so I’m blessed to have this opportunity.”

In the lead-up to the fight, many are expecting Font and Aldo to have a kickboxing fight. For Font, he says that is the game plan to keep it standing, but he does think the Brazilian will try and shoot for takedowns after he strikes with him.

If the fight does remain standing, Rob Font also knows his jab will be crucial to winning this fight. He knows if he can get his jab going, it will frustrate Aldo and not allow the Brazilian to get going with his leg kicks and punches.

“I plan on keeping it standing and making him shoot. Force him to take bad shots, then get on top of him and make him pay. I believe it will be a standup war for him… Getting the jab going will basically be the whole game plan, as well. If I can get my jab on him, keep him at the range, and not let him dictate the pace or the leg kicks, and line myself up for the right hand. The jab will be a key point in this fight.”

Assuming Font can get the jab going, he knows he will be able to piece up Aldo over five rounds to get a decision. However, he hopes he can get a stoppage win to really cement himself as a top contender.

“The plan is to be accurate, wear him down, and not to force anything,” Font said. “I know I can go five rounds, so if I can just pick him apart and win a decision, I’m cool with that as well… I’m trying to finish it and make it exciting anyway.”

Even if Font does get the stoppage win over Aldo, he doesn’t know where a win puts him in the bantamweight division. Aljamain Sterling and Petr Yan have to have their rematch and TJ Dillashaw appears to be next in line. With that, Font says he’ll likely need another win to earn himself a title shot.

“I’m in a weird spot. Even a big win over him I’m still a win away. Obviously, you will never know how things play out with injures and all that,” Font said. “But, a win over Aldo keeps me out there, but you still got TJ, the whole Sterling-Yan situation. I’m thinking I’ll need one more.”

-Rob Font

Last edited:

I kind of liked brown at the current odds.

also looks like Allen vs Curtis was added to the card and odds are quite wide imo, I’m playing Curtis again

allen did look great in his last fight, like a title contender but I don’t think the price tag is warranted

I kind of liked brown at the current odds.

also looks like Allen vs Curtis was added to the card and odds are quite wide imo, I’m playing Curtis again

allen did look great in his last fight, like a title contender but I don’t think the price tag is warranted
This fight card looks stacked good. Good thing they had a replacement on hand.

Hey @mkess101 amd who I consider the best gambler on this site or capper or whatever the hell u want to call it what do you think of these Im trying to continue my great streak of MMA betting

Smolka-135
Kape-200 i wont bet him unless his line drops below -200 come fight time
Matthews-190 If it gets to -200 or higher wont bet him
Todorvich-165

I am also looking at Ov/Un but lines arent out yet so I wont even post those

Pitolo doesn't deserve anyones hard earned cash
A little stab won't hurt,don't rate Todorović high,he ain't a big grappling threat to Maki and he seems to keep his hands down sometimes.Maki actually gave a fight to Marquez and Impa.But it's just low money,just to make it clear cause someone mentioned me talking about unloading-I see this card as very good for betting and I am unloading but on the card as a whole-mostly on Crute,Font and Kape.Also I'm a put some money(but a little less) on Morono,Santos,Muzarkanov,Buys and Mathews as favorites.
Btw,If I understood it you are also on Muzarkanov and Buys,but you favore Aldo?

Font fights a lot like Kattar. Very easy to leg kick. If Aldo went for them early and often, I don’t think he’d have a very hard time. He doesn’t kick that much lately, though.

I like Gall as a dog against Morono. I feel like they both have similar games but Gall is stronger and more athletic. He's also shown big fight to fight improvements in recent times. The Perry loss was a bit of a concern but Perry is strong as fuck which Morono isn't so I don't see Morono being able to implement that kind of gameplan.

Played Aldo for reasons others are listing and interested in Gruetz if the odds drift towards Puelles any more.

A little stab won't hurt,don't rate Todorović high,he ain't a big grappling threat to Maki and he seems to keep his hands down sometimes.Maki actually gave a fight to Marquez and Impa.But it's just low money,just to make it clear cause someone mentioned me talking about unloading-I see this card as very good for betting and I am unloading but on the card as a whole-mostly on Crute,Font and Kape.Also I'm a put some money(but a little less) on Morono,Santos,Muzarkanov,Buys and Mathews as favorites.
Btw,If I understood it you are also on Muzarkanov and Buys,but you favore Aldo?
Todorovic is a good black belt if he wanted to take Pitolo down he would finish him. Man loves getting subbed.

I like Muzarkanov not sure about odds. Maybe KO sprinkle, specially with Lins dropping down.I am deffs not on Buys, and ye I got Aldo at early odds, still deciding on how much action il keep

Allen is -350 now.
Curtis really impressed me with his performance last time. He weathered that storm and cracked that chin when the opening presented itself.
Is there a decent chance that happens again?
I think I might put a small on him getting the win again at those odds.

Todorovic is a good black belt if he wanted to take Pitolo down he would finish him. Man loves getting subbed.

I like Muzarkanov not sure about odds. Maybe KO sprinkle, specially with Lins dropping down.I am deffs not on Buys, and ye I got Aldo at early odds, still deciding on how much action il keep
Last two fights Todorovic was badly matched. I do think Todorovic wins against Pitolo.

Back