Card

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
112.jpg

Opening / Current
2259_o.png
2259.png

going again with Vince Morales. His boxing mma generalist style is perfect for beating smolka.

Im going with font, he's looked great in his last fights.

Jamall Hill over Crute

Matt Brown

Zhalgas is a maybe.

Jeremiah Wells at +150 after what he did on short notice to Warley Alves.

Are people that high on Jake Matthews?

Liking Tavares at evens against Allen, should win the striking matchup and cancel out any grappling upside that Allen has.

Aldo at +160 seems a bit disrespectful, he looked fantastic against Munhoz for the full 3 rounds and his rekindled love for leg kicks should help against Font who's been equally stellar.

Liking Martin against Conejo as well. The latter seems a one trick pony who doesn't have much going besides it.

Brown against Barberena at decent plus odds also seems interesting to me. It's basically two shot welterweights slogging it out where I give the advantage in skill towards Brown.

Aldo at any odds in the +150 settings seems like a great catch, although he's getting up there in age and his best days are pretty much behind him.

He did very well against Munoz (which I thought would be the one to send him into retirement), but Font may be a different fighter entirely.

Always hyped for a Clay Guida fight though. Is there any value in betting him at +220?

Already put a high bet on Crute.Unless he goes full retard and decides not to grapple he should smash Hill.Take him down at will and smash or submit.I know he's hittable but he's a meathead,he'll survive some if necessary and if he gets his hands on Hill,Jamahal is in trouble.

Oh, so like his last fight where he burned all our monies by not grappling? Can't trust him and his 20iq after that debacle vs Smith lol
You got a point.However...It wasn't so straightforward with Smith.He is a more of a all-rounder,dangerous off the back,threating to grab the neck.The gameplan should of been to grapple earlier but it wasn't that obvious till hindsight.Here you know Hill is a striker,been taken down by Stosic,been taken and subbed by Craig.It's a clear path,and he and his team probably learned smth from the Smith loss.
And if you dropped juice for Crute to beat Anthony Smith at 1,50 ,you should pay for him to beat Hill at 1,60.

Aldo at later rounds in 5 round fight might be <Ellaria01> material vs a guy like Font.

Gall/Morono a late add? No line yet?

Also I'm not saying Also +150 or whatever has no value but I don't think his performance vs Munhoz translates here at all. Font is a long, fluid striker with crisp straight punches and timing that has become really good. Munhoz is a flat footed brawler who struggles with anyone that won't stand directly in front of him and trade. (See the way he couldn't land enough to hurt Edgar even in having 25 minutes to do it).

If anything, Aldo's previous fight vs Vera is what to look at. He may be able to replicate that type of grappling success at times.

Gall/Morono a late add? No line yet?

Also I'm not saying Also +150 or whatever has no value but I don't think his performance vs Munhoz translates here at all. Font is a long, fluid striker with crisp straight punches and timing that has become really good. Munhoz is a flat footed brawler who struggles with anyone that won't stand directly in front of him and trade. (See the way he couldn't land enough to hurt Edgar even in having 25 minutes to do it).

If anything, Aldo's previous fight vs Vera is what to look at. He may be able to replicate that type of grappling success at times.
I'm more interested in how Font will react to Aldo's body shots, Jose is also the best boxer Rob has faced so far. Certainly won't give him the same looks Cody did in their fight. Don't think it'd be in his best interest to force the grappling, Rob's really shored things up since the Assuncao fight, especially when it comes to not settling into position, so Aldo's gas tank might suffer in exchange of little to no control time.

Now, if Jose can transition from the striking to the grappling seamlessly, then things change, but still, it's 5 rounds and Aldo's not exactly an endurance runner. He's a smart fighter, so definitely not counting him out.

I'm more interested in how Font will react to Aldo's body shots, Jose is also the best boxer Rob has faced so far. Certainly won't give him the same looks Cody did in their fight. Don't think it'd be in his best interest to force the grappling, Rob's really shored things up since the Assuncao fight, especially when it comes to not settling into position, so Aldo's gas tank might suffer in exchange of little to no control time.

Now, if Jose can transition from the striking to the grappling seamlessly, then things change, but still, it's 5 rounds and Aldo's not exactly an endurance runner. He's a smart fighter, so definitely not counting him out.

Good point about 5 rounds. I should have been more clear: Aldo will need to be very strategic if he implements his grappling. I think he can have some success with it but he will have to choose his spots carefully so he doesn't gas for sure.

Puelles as an underdog against Gruetzemacher seems like a steal. He outgrappled Leavitt in his last fight, so he should be fine against Chris. He has better striking than Chris, he's younger and he's also a taller and rangier fighter. 5'11" to 5'8" in height difference and 72.0" to 68.0" in reach difference. The only reason why Gruetzemacher won his last fight is because Garcia spent his whole energy trying to finish him in the first. Puelles is much more patient and seem to have great cardio. I'm hitting that Puelles underdog line.

Puelles as an underdog against Gruetzemacher seems like a steal. He outgrappled Leavitt in his last fight, so he should be fine against Chris. He has better striking than Chris, he's younger and he's also a taller and rangier fighter. 5'11" to 5'8" in height difference and 72.0" to 68.0" in reach difference. The only reason why Gruetzemacher won his last fight is because Garcia spent his whole energy trying to finish him in the first. Puelles is much more patient and seem to have great cardio. I'm hitting that Puelles underdog line.
Yea I was thankful for the mark that bet gritz to favorite, likely because of his last performance

he’s not going to Simpson puelles and he’s certainly not better in any category.

puelles makes some positional grappling mistakes but that’s because of his aggression. He seems to be improving. His takedowns and top game looked a lot better in his return and his scrambling and cardio are no joke.

his striking was more aggressive and he looked stronger and much more comfortable in there against Leavitt

Yea I was thankful for the mark that bet gritz to favorite, likely because of his last performance

he’s not going to Simpson puelles and he’s certainly not better in any category.

puelles makes some positional grappling mistakes but that’s because of his aggression. He seems to be improving. His takedowns and top game looked a lot better in his return and his scrambling and cardio are no joke.

his striking was more aggressive and he looked stronger and much more comfortable in there against Leavitt
whats he going to do, keep mat returning Greutz for 3? Greutz to sprawl and brawl for 3 and break him

Leavitt is pure dog shit

Back