UFC Fan: "HTH Is Ferguson Below McGregor!?!" (New P4P Rankings)

Should Conor be in the top 10?

• Total voters
- "I dont mean this thread in particular. In others you have done so." which one ? do you have exemples ?
Yes.... but im not stopping my day to look them up

- " Its what p4p means. " I ve went on the UFC website and UFC p4p wikipedia, it never says that. For a reason, overall accomplishment is just a criteria among others. If you took only that, woodley would be higher ranked than volkanovski for example ... so again " overall accomplishment " is not the definition of p4p it is just criteria you gave. Do you know other criterias ? Chael talked about dominance many times, others talked about skill showed etc Personally I don't know the criteria, that's why I asked you, and you can't answer.
Are you kidding me? What do you think of when putting a p4p list together?

- " How is there so many people having a hard time understanding this?!" quite easy to answer, there's no official definition of " UFC P4P ", so anybody can say whatever they want about the subject and push whatever agenda they have. The UFC does that on purpose of course ...
<JagsKiddingMe>

This is exactly what ive been saying.... what the fuck

<{vega}>

TKO's in all three.. never defended a title, 1-1 at LW, and beat two LW's at WW.. one being only a Maj Dec after being finished by that same fighter. It's a popularity contest, common sense tells that truth to anybody.

a tko is a ko....stop nitpicking....they all count the same on your record...a tko counts as a ko...and even the biggest hitters in history have only a handful of one punch ko's...just like conor does...conor scored a 1 punch ko over a guy that was never even hurt before..and was the all time goat at FW. only on here, do guys actually argue over a tko vs a ko...they are the same goddam thing...except it...the difference is only in how fast the ref stops it and when...that's it...

He was on the ground for most of the khabib fight. Against Nate, he was in an inescapable position once the choke was locked.
Lol- first off, I'm talking about how fast he whistles for his horse when it's time to get out of dodge. Secondly, Nate hurt Conor standing before the " inescapable " position he was in. Are you out of your mind ? Yes ,Nate had RNC locked in but Conor was exhausted and hurt and tapped before you could say " Mississippi ". .........just like he whistled for " gregor" ( -his horse -when khabib barely had his arm across face.
GTFO

P4P Top 5 in UFC is not really arguable:

1. Jon Jones
2. Khabib
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Henry Cejudo
5. Israel Adesanya

It will be very hard to justify putting anybody above those 5 at this point. The only one that may deserve a spot in the top 5 is Volkanovski.

c'mon guys...leave the rankings for the casuals.

He’s not active and he’s 1-6 to Conor’s 3-5 across two weight divisions

How is Conor 3-5? He split 1-1 with Nate, then 1-1 between Alvarez and Khabib, = 2-2. Then he beat Cerrone. So he's 3-2 at LW and psuedo-WW post FW run.

The p4p ranking is totally fair for McGregor, it's just a bunch of people who hate him obviously.

What other guy who held two belts in two divisions at once, won a belt at FW...moved up to LW and won the belt, and fought at 170 three times against ~top 10 caliber opponents while previous being a FW - would people bash for being 9th in p4p? it's a joke.

Sherdog seems to hate DC and McGregor illogically. Emotionally.

Conor has zero accomplishments at WW. Being 2-1 at WW against career lightweights means what exactly? And he hasn't had a win at FW in over 4 years.

Tko/ko's are harder to judge in mma compared to boxing for obvious reasons. Unless it's something like Fedor vs Arlovski.

Based on activity, no but he's def a top 10 fighter, skill wise
Are we talking about Tony or Conor because getting either to fight more than one a year lately is challenging but at least Conor already fought this year and says he will fight again soon.

1. Jon Jones
2. Khabib
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Henry Cejudo
5. Israel Adesanya

It will be very hard to justify putting anybody above those 5 at this point. The only one that may deserve a spot in the top 5 is Volkanovski.

Defintely arguable when you put Ferguson at 3. Why should he be considered better than Cejudo, Adesanya, DC, even Stipe arguably, McGregor himself, etc. Ferguson won an interim belt and lost it, he hasn't really beaten any top flight competition outside RDA who was possibly on the decline? I forget exactly. But his last two wins were over Cerrone and Pettis - where he had a war, and he also had a war with Lando Vannata who's not been good per se since.

I like Tony Ferguson but in no universe should he be ranked 3rd P4P, and I think McGregor being over him is totally fine.

McGregor's last 7 fights: Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, Diaz, Alvarez, Khabib, Cerrone. = 5-2 beating a top tier FW, the FW GOAT, moving up to psuedo-170 and splitting 1-1 with a ~top 8-10 guy, beating the LW champion, losing to arguably one of the best LWs ever, destroying Cerrone in 40 seconds at 170.

Ferguson's last 7 fights: Thomson, Barboza, Vannata, RDA, Kevin Lee, Pettis, Cerrone, = 7-0 but obviously lesser tier competition despite some nice wins. Difference being an interim belt that was stripped vs a FW and LW title + his top two wins are an arguably diminished RDA and Kevin Lee. He also never moved up in weight, where as McGregor did move up 1.5 weight classes let's say.

El cuck would put canar in a body bag at any weight class. Unfortunately we’ll never get to see that cuz Dana will keep feeding his golden boy winnable opponents until he deems a khabib rematch necessary.

1. Jon Jones
2. Khabib
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Henry Cejudo
5. Israel Adesanya

It is absolutely arguable. In the 2019 Highlights of the year show DC, Bisbing, Ariel and Anthony Smith said Khabib was top P4P in a vote of 3 to 1 and 2 of them actually fought Jones so I think their decision is unarguable not yours. Tony on the other hand has not fought a real top 5 in years and doesn’t even hold a belt. Not a top 10. Certainly not number 3, absolutely ridiculous.

Nate Diaz turned Mcgregor into a panic wrestler and outstrucked him in the second fight. Ferguson has a better stand up and cardio than Diaz.
I don’t recall them fighting and neither do you so that is your opinion not fact. At WW I would favor Diaz.

Defintely arguable when you put Ferguson at 3. Why should he be considered better than Cejudo, Adesanya, DC, even Stipe arguably, McGregor himself, etc. Ferguson won an interim belt and lost it, he hasn't really beaten any top flight competition outside RDA who was possibly on the decline? I forget exactly. But his last two wins were over Cerrone and Pettis - where he had a war, and he also had a war with Lando Vannata who's not been good per se since.

I like Tony Ferguson but in no universe should he be ranked 3rd P4P, and I think McGregor being over him is totally fine.

McGregor's last 7 fights: Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, Diaz, Alvarez, Khabib, Cerrone. = 5-2 beating a top tier FW, the FW GOAT, moving up to psuedo-170 and splitting 1-1 with a ~top 8-10 guy, beating the LW champion, losing to arguably one of the best LWs ever, destroying Cerrone in 40 seconds at 170.

Ferguson's last 7 fights: Thomson, Barboza, Vannata, RDA, Kevin Lee, Pettis, Cerrone, = 7-0 but obviously lesser tier competition despite some nice wins. Difference being an interim belt that was stripped vs a FW and LW title + his top two wins are an arguably diminished RDA and Kevin Lee. He also never moved up in weight, where as McGregor did move up 1.5 weight classes let's say.
This post is so horrible and soaked with McGregor gizz. Are you kidding me? Seriously, is this a joke? Putting McGregor above Ferguson. The only win McGregor has in the past 3 years is over an older Cerrone that Ferguson had already murdered. And you have the nerve to even use the Cerrone win AGAINST Ferguson lol The argument for McGregor to be above Ferguson is such a joke, I'm done arguing it.

You say Ferguson hasn't beaten any top fighters? Again, are you joking? (serious question).
The only reason you can even say Josh Thompson wasn't a top fighter when Ferguson beat him, is because he had just lost two close split decisions the year prior. 1 loss being against the current champ, in a fight I thought he won. Thompson was 100% one of the top LWs in the world at that time.
Barboza wasn't a top fighter? He was coming off of a great fight and win over Felder, then went on to beat Pettis, Melendez and Dariush.
Dos Anjos wasn't a top fighter? He was one fight removed from being champ lol This is just stupid. He then went on to beat Saffiedine, Magny and Lawler.
Pettis wasn't a top fighter? He had just submitted Chiesa and went on to knock out wonderboy in his next fight.
Kevin Lee wasn't a top fighter? He was on a 5 fight win streak, was awarded the interim title fight, then went on to beat Barboza in the next fight.

You are out of your mind. Awful post, and just empty argument. Ferguson has one of the best resumes and is on one of the best streaks in the sport.

It is absolutely arguable. In the 2019 Highlights of the year show DC, Bisbing, Ariel and Anthony Smith said Khabib was top P4P in a vote of 3 to 1 and 2 of them actually fought Jones so I think their decision is unarguable not yours. Tony on the other hand has not fought a real top 5 in years and doesn’t even hold a belt. Not a top 10. Certainly not number 3, absolutely ridiculous.
lol ok

Back