UFC Fan: "HTH Is Ferguson Below McGregor!?!" (New P4P Rankings)

Should Conor be in the top 10?

• Total voters
they fought at 170lbs..don't let what dana said, influence you....cerrone has had a decent amount of success at 170lbs...some would say more success at 170 than 155

In both divisions, as soon as he got near the top 5 he started losing. I'd say he did better at LW though because he has more notable wins there. Benson, Eddie and Al are better than any of his WW wins. What's his biggest win at WW? Perry? Brown?

can you give us all the criterias took into account for the p4p rankings, you seem to know more than us !

This is common knowledge. The fact you dont know, only shows that you are pertty stupid about this.

Theres not a rule book, so for you to be asking this, is absolutely fucking retarded.

That's rubbish. If that were the case Anderson Silva would still be on the list.
This is a list of CURRENT p4p.

Not all time.

How do you not realize this is beyong me.

If what you are saying made any sense this list would barely ever change.

As others have already pointed out, silva hasnt wont a fight in years.

Its a cross between the current weight class rankings and all time acomplishments. Are you kidding me?

Lol, why is the poll question "Should Conor be in the top 10?" instead of the more obvious question "Should Conor be ranked higher than Tony in the top 10?"

I do not like Conor McGregor but I am a straight shooter. Conor is a top 3 155er ....his stand up alone still puts him in that position. The Cerrone fight meant little. I don't believe he deserves a spot in the top 10 lb 4 lb ( which is such a subjective topic outside an obvious few).
After watching him on the ground vs Nate &Khabib , I cant call him a top pound for pounder with a straight face. It's not the giving up ......... it's the millisecond that hes done it in.

P4P is related to your size, Conor is a natural FW(by MMA standards) who has fought and beat fighters across 3 divisions wining 2 titles in the process, so yeah he should be ranked in the P4P rankings, plenty above him shouldn't be so high, Tony Ferguson is a 200lb man who diets and cuts 45lbs to fight smaller men, Khabib ain't much different.

Both Tony and Khabib are exactly what haters used to criticise Conor at FW yet they don't get much flak, double standards everywhere.

P4P lists are more fishy and suspect than a Bob Sapp fight

Holly should be far below GDR

Really? I don't exactly think Holm should be above GDR (either is fine to me) but you can't at least take things into consideration? GDR should have lost AT LEAST 1 point for hitting after the bell with the blatant one that hurt Holly and should have lost a point for the other time she did it...You also have the majority of media scoring it for Holly, then add in activity, GDR fights once every 4,000 moons. I don't really give a shit but saying she should be far below is pretty silly imo.

MEDIA SCORES
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 49-46 de Randamie
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 49-47 de Randamie
MMAMania.com 48-47 de Randamie
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 48-47 de Randamie
MMAJunkie.com 48-47 de Randamie
José Youngs
FanSided.com 48-47 de Randamie
Dan Rafael
ESPN.com 48-47 de Randamie
Nick Baldwin
BloodyElbow.com 48-47 de Randamie
Sean Ross Sapp
Fightful.com 48-47 de Randamie
Matthew Wells
mmalatestnews.com 47-48 Holm
Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Holm
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Holm
Mike Sloan
Sherdog.com 47-48 Holm
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 47-48 Holm
Seán Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 47-48 Holm
Wesley Riddle
MMASucka.com 47-48 Holm
Steve Duncan
mma.uno 47-48 Holm
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Holm
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 47-48 Holm
Steven Kelliher
Tapology.com 47-48 Holm
Jim Edwards
MMALatestNews.com 47-48 Holm
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 47-48 Holm
Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 45-48 Holm

Probably because what McGregor does actually is pound for pound. He's got wins in 3 weight classes.

I didn't vote because I'm truly undecided.

On the one hand, Tony seems the better LW to me, but not by a country mile.

On the other hand, Conor has been champ at 2 weight classes and is 2-1 against ranked opponents in a 3rd, so really he more than anyone (DC?) has actually demonstrated his P4P status by taking on elite fighters at 2 weights and very good ranked fighters at a 3rd.

The only issue for me is the fact that while Conor is technically fighting at different weightclasses, every time he's "gone up" he's only fought Lightweights. In my opinion, he has yet to face an actual Welterweight fighter. Most lightweights who have moved up struggle with it, including Cerrone, Dos Anjos even Diaz.

Whenever they move up to fight established high ranking WW's it never ends well and i don't think Conor will be any different.

Conor has better wins than Tony, and he has won two titles. What’s so surprising about him being ranked higher?

You Conor retards don't know how p4p rankings work

Regardless how many Lightweights Conor has fought in different weight classes? He has still only 1 win in over 3 years. Granted he has had only 2 fights, however activity levels should also come in to play. He also got an absolute beat down from Nate Diaz not too long ago either and panic wrassled and everything!

Tony Ferguson has been on a tear in recent years, picking up win after win!

In a REAL sport Ferguson would be ranked higher

conor is only ranked high because of past accomplishments and his overall popularity

In no real rational mind, should Conor rank higher than Tony p4p

e8105aea8c13176014c6fc55bac2e7c5.jpg

He’s not active and he’s 1-6 to Conor’s 3-5 across two weight divisions
3-5?

He's 1-1 and LW and 2-1 at WW.
(in the UFC that is--he had many LW fights before the UFC).

So, 3-2 outside of FW.
1-1 in two LW title fights (1 KO victory, 1 sub loss).
2-1 at WW (1 KO victory, 1 decision victory, 1 sub loss).

There should be no fucking P4P list for the ladies. There is Amanda Nunes and Valentina Schevchenko, that's it.

In Conor’s defense, he won the FW title then also is 1-1 at LW (1 was a title win) and 2-1 at WW. Nate and Cowboy have fought at WW long before the McGregor fights and they have some decent wins at WW.

hence, a well deserved “pound for pound” consideration. Most other fighters in P4P don’t even fight above their weight like Conor actually does
<Dany07>

He has wins in three weight classes a knock out at welterweight and belts in the other two divisions. His inactivity is the issue. Conor is legit and deserves a spot on the p4p list . You can pick apart his career all you want but his ranking is legit. He lost to kabib. Never officially lost his belts. Let him keep fighting until he’s beaten off the top ten lists

That's not even the most offensive thing on the list. Volkanovski is at #8 lol. Conor deranged syndrome is a real thing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back