UFC Fan: "HTH Is Ferguson Below McGregor!?!" (New P4P Rankings)

Should Conor be in the top 10?

• Total voters
This post is so horrible and soaked with McGregor gizz. Are you kidding me? Seriously, is this a joke? Putting McGregor above Ferguson. The only win McGregor has in the past 3 years is over an older Cerrone that Ferguson had already murdered. And you have the nerve to even use the Cerrone win AGAINST Ferguson lol The argument for McGregor to be above Ferguson is such a joke, I'm done arguing it.

You say Ferguson hasn't beaten any top fighters? Again, are you joking? (serious question).
The only reason you can even say Josh Thompson wasn't a top fighter when Ferguson beat him, is because he had just lost two close split decisions the year prior. 1 loss being against the current champ, in a fight I thought he won. Thompson was 100% one of the top LWs in the world at that time.
Barboza wasn't a top fighter? He was coming off of a great fight and win over Felder, then went on to beat Pettis, Melendez and Dariush.
Dos Anjos wasn't a top fighter? He was one fight removed from being champ lol This is just stupid. He then went on to beat Saffiedine, Magny and Lawler.
Pettis wasn't a top fighter? He had just submitted Chiesa and went on to knock out wonderboy in his next fight.
Kevin Lee wasn't a top fighter? He was on a 5 fight win streak, was awarded the interim title fight, then went on to beat Barboza in the next fight.

You are out of your mind. Awful post, and just empty argument. Ferguson has one of the best resumes and is on one of the best streaks in the sport.

McGregor fought Cerrone 6 months after Ferguson did. So cross off that win for Ferguson too by your logic.

I already gave you my points which you ignored. P4P = moving up in weight classes matters. Ferguson never has, McGregor did twice technically. Again another sherdogger blinded by his hate for McGregor, I swear a lot of you guys must watch pro wrestling or something just such simpletons falling for the "characters" of fighters outside the cage.

You can argue Ferguson above McGregor, sure I think its reasonable but Ferguson at 3 is a joke. Then McGregor should be 4th or 5th by that logic at minimum because it's close between them if McGregor isn't above Ferguson.

Almost getting flat-lined by a shitty Pettis and a shitty Vannata isn't a great look. And none of those guys were top tier at the time besides RDA who was maybe declining and off the juice, and Kevin Lee who isn't even that good. Sick 5 win streak over a bunch of mid-tier guys for the interim title shot for Lee. Thomson was a solid fighter but he was not a top tier LW, if you want to stretch it that bad let's call Nate Diaz an elite fighter too.

Last edited:
I didn't vote because I'm truly undecided.

On the one hand, Tony seems the better LW to me, but not by a country mile.

On the other hand, Conor has been champ at 2 weight classes and is 2-1 against ranked opponents in a 3rd, so really he more than anyone (DC?) has actually demonstrated his P4P status by taking on elite fighters at 2 weights and very good ranked fighters at a 3rd.
By your logic Fedor should still be ranked #1.

I don’t recall them fighting and neither do you so that is your opinion not fact. At WW I would favor Diaz.
You’re crazy if you’d favor Diaz over tony. They both have great bjj, like to come forward and use high volume. But tony is quicker and mixes it up more while Diaz is flat footed plodder who walks zombie like forward. Tony would be in and out. Plus tony cuts people up like no one else and Nate bleeds easy, he’s be wiping blood out of his eyes while he was trying to locate Tony’s unorthodox movements.

Are we talking about Tony or Conor because getting either to fight more than one a year lately is challenging but at least Conor already fought this year and says he will fight again soon.
Tony pushed hard for the khabib fight to take place in December. But it’s khabibs call so tony shouldn’t be blamed for this lay-off

P4P is intended to compare the degree to which fighters dominate their respective peers
These days its about 50% that and 50% promotional propaganda

So he didn’t win the FW title, isn’t 1-1 with a title win at 155 and isn’t 2-1 at 170???????
That’s not what I found hilarious. Now I respect the hell out of your opinion, you actually done the damn thing.

But just imagine if when Ferguson fought Cerrone if he asked for the fight at 170? And then claimed he deserved a title shot at 155 immediately after. It’s fucking insane. He would get laughed out of the building, forced to cut weight, etc. etc.

I can’t stand the double standards. If every UFC fighter were given Conor’s opportunity’s we would see a lot more 3 division athletes.

Yes.... but im not stopping my day to look them up

Are you kidding me? What do you think of when putting a p4p list together?

<JagsKiddingMe>

This is exactly what ive been saying.... what the fuck

<{vega}>

- "Are you kidding me? What do you think of when putting a p4p list together?" = I don't make the list, my opinion is useless. I asked for the criteria for the official P4P rankings, you gave one criteria " overall achievement " so I asked you AGAIN if you have any others ? after 3 messages you still can't admit you don't have any criteria and even the first one you gave " overall achievement " is just your opinion.

- " This is exactly what ive been saying.... what the fuck" = if it is what you said why do you say :

" How is there so many people having a hard time understanding this?! " you ask questions you already have respond too ?

- "Yes.... but im not stopping my day to look them up" = good way to say you don't have any example of me going after your personally, thanks for your honesty mate. I never go at anyone personally, just go after their opinions nothing else.

How is Conor 3-5? He split 1-1 with Nate, then 1-1 between Alvarez and Khabib, = 2-2. Then he beat Cerrone. So he's 3-2 at LW and psuedo-WW post FW run.

The p4p ranking is totally fair for McGregor, it's just a bunch of people who hate him obviously.

What other guy who held two belts in two divisions at once, won a belt at FW...moved up to LW and won the belt, and fought at 170 three times against ~top 10 caliber opponents while previous being a FW - would people bash for being 9th in p4p? it's a joke.

Sherdog seems to hate DC and McGregor illogically. Emotionally.
Correct, someone alerted me to my typo.

It's hard to compare them.
In some ways of course a 12 fight win streak is better than someone who's lost 2 fights quite recently.

On the other hand of course 2 belts is better than no belts.

- "Are you kidding me? What do you think of when putting a p4p list together?" = I don't make the list, my opinion is useless. I asked for the criteria for the official P4P rankings, you gave one criteria " overall achievement " so I asked you AGAIN if you have any others ? after 3 messages you still can't admit you don't have any criteria and even the first one you gave " overall achievement " is just your opinion.

- " This is exactly what ive been saying.... what the fuck" = if it is what you said why do you say :

" How is there so many people having a hard time understanding this?! " you ask questions you already have respond too ?

- "Yes.... but im not stopping my day to look them up" = good way to say you don't have any example of me going after your personally, thanks for your honesty mate. I never go at anyone personally, just go after their opinions nothing else.
Nothing you post makes any sense.

You are unable to admit you are completely wrong.

You are literally the worst person to ever post in this forum

And i include my haters. I dont even hate my haters. I dont even hate you.

You are just way too dumb to carry on a conversation. It is truly a waste of time.

That’s not what I found hilarious. Now I respect the hell out of your opinion, you actually done the damn thing.

But just imagine if when Ferguson fought Cerrone if he asked for the fight at 170? And then claimed he deserved a title shot at 155 immediately after. It’s fucking insane. He would get laughed out of the building, forced to cut weight, etc. etc.

I can’t stand the double standards. If every UFC fighter were given Conor’s opportunity’s we would see a lot more 3 division athletes.

I don’t agree that Mcgregor should get a LW ranking (at least not a high rank) for winning his WW fight against Cerrone. I think Dana is wrong for pushing that whole “they’re basically LWs bro!”

he should fight a bigger and better WW in Mas at 170 or a top 10 LW (Dustin, Justin, Ferg if Ferg loses) at 155

If this is a current P4P, then no he should not be ranked that high. Losing to Khabib, then beating Cerrone should NOT put him in any top ten P4P list. Unless of course you consider current somehow as fights you've won back in 2015 and 2016.....

At least the first 2 are right. Everything else from there is in the air.

Henry didn't do enough to be top 3 p4p right now

Last edited:
I don’t agree that Mcgregor should get a LW ranking (at least not a high rank) for winning his WW fight against Cerrone. I think Dana is wrong for pushing that whole “they’re basically LWs bro!”

he should fight a bigger and better WW in Mas at 170 or a top 10 LW (Dustin, Justin, Ferg if Ferg loses) at 155
This I agree with.

Tony pushed hard for the khabib fight to take place in December. But it’s khabibs call so tony shouldn’t be blamed for this lay-off
Conor has had the balls to actually fight and beat the best in a couple of divisions. Tony May have called out people but not actually fought them. You are I could call out Khabib as well but Conor fought him. Conor didn’t win against Khabib but many honestly think Tony is going to be a easy fight for Khabib if he shows up and I am one of them.

Nothing you post makes any sense.

You are unable to admit you are completely wrong.

You are literally the worst person to ever post in this forum

And i include my haters. I dont even hate my haters. I dont even hate you.

You are just way too dumb to carry on a conversation. It is truly a waste of time.
"You are literally the worst person to ever post in this forum " but I am the one going personally ?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !

<BC1> Now I have a proof of you going at me personally ...

But I guess it is your opinion, I respect it. Even though I am sure you don't truly mean it.

<GrassoBless>

- " Nothing you post makes any sense. " = what do you want me to clarify ? or maybe you don't want to understand ? You still can't answer my first question :

What are the criterias for the official p4p ufc list ?

AGAIN, you already gave me one criteria : " overall accomplishment ", give me others and the sources of course.

I can understand if you do not answer to this post, you can't give a coherent response.

PS : " You are unable to admit you are completely wrong." = what thesis did I express that was wrong ? As far as I remembered I am the one who asked you a question and never made any assertions ...

You’re crazy if you’d favor Diaz over tony. They both have great bjj, like to come forward and use high volume. But tony is quicker and mixes it up more while Diaz is flat footed plodder who walks zombie like forward. Tony would be in and out. Plus tony cuts people up like no one else and Nate bleeds easy, he’s be wiping blood out of his eyes while he was trying to locate Tony’s unorthodox movements.
I know Tony has a lot of fans that love MMA but Tony needs to fight more than once a year to prove he can or cannot beat. Beating a broken Pettis and Cowboy prove nothing in the last couple of years sine Nate also beat both. Tony is afraid of real top 5’s or he would fight Justin,Dustin,Conor and Khabib. So far it is all talk.

Imagine how much of a casual you've gotta be to concern yourself with such horseshit concepts like P4P.

Get a clue.

But the problem is this:

1. You are completely ignoring McGregor's dominant FW run where he was legit undefeated, knocked off a GOAT, and won the title. - sure he didn't defend it, but he moved up to fight for the LW title which many champions are scared or simply aren't willing to do.

2. McGregor DID win the LW title. And he only lost at LW / with the title on the line against Khabib who is undefeated and arguably in contention for the LW GOAT moniker.

3. Yes McGregor simply moves the needle for MONEY more than Tony does by a country mile and more than anyone else, so obviously he's going to get title shots if he wants them far easier than others, but in actuality the merit isn't far off from actually deserving it.

On top of all this ask yourself who is fighting for the LW title next? It's Tony Ferguson. So what's the issue here? Do you want to see Justin Gatheje or Kevin Lee get a title shot before McGregor? come on.

Yes there are double standards but fighting at 170 when both fighters agree to it is basically the same as fighting at 155 and if anything it gave Diaz and Cerrone an advantage, very clearly, over McGregor. They were both legit WWs prior to it, so what's the issue here?

TLDR POINT: Anderson Silva would have got an immediate title shot at 205 if he wanted it. Jon Jones could get an immediate title shot at HW if he wanted it. Are those double standards? Conor was the FW champ and wanted a LW title fight, RDA got hurt...and he eventually won the LW title from Alvarez. I don't see much of a double standard, I see a lot of fighters unwilling to move up a weight class.

Back