• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier

Hazef is a bjj guy too not a wrestler. he’s not going to put him in some daga cuffs or leg weaves like khabib against the cage. his style is to take the back and pass the guard or attack subs from the bottom.

Watch the Ivey fight and you’ll see that Ivey took his back several times and won several of the grappling exchanges. and Gall is better than Ivey.

All of Hazef fights he loses top pressure, he’s lost it with botched subs and getting wiggled out from his back takes.

The conversation should be more geared towards striking imo, i think its where Gall will edge him out.
Are you forgetting the Diego Sanchez fight?

I know I already posted this but just to reiterate: Gall was basically a corpse for that fight. He was going through kidney failure and was hospitalized for a long stretch after that fight. The fact he made weight and got in there was a minor miracle.

I detailed Gall's MMA shortcomings itt, but the fight with Diego shouldn't be held against him imo, dude should NOT have been in there at all.

even with the excuse of him being sick, the guy fought his 7th fight against a 41 fight veteran who was 37 years old not 40. Diego has a near hall of fame career, why is that such a stain?

Gall was also much more 1 dimensional. It was just a grappler vs grappler match where one guy had mountains of experience.

Match up Hafez with Randy Brown, Mike Perry or Alex Morono.

I bet he doesn't even make it to the score cards with Perry or Brown. He's very hittable and has lost to no names. And Diego would have beaten him back then too.

even with the excuse of him being sick, the guy fought his 7th fight against a 41 fight veteran who was 37 years old not 40. Diego has a near hall of fame career, why is that such a stain?

Gall was also much more 1 dimensional. It was just a grappler vs grappler match where one guy had mountains of experience.

Match up Hafez with Randy Brown, Mike Perry or Alex Morono.

I bet he doesn't even make it to the score cards with Perry or Brown. He's very hittable and has lost to no names. And Diego would have beaten him back then too.
Tbh considering Hafez survived JDM I think he'd go the distance with the guys that beat Gall.

Tbh considering Hafez survived JDM I think he'd go the distance with the guys that beat Gall.
Jdm cant grapple, those guys can. He'd have more time on the feet. of course people will say Jdm tapped brown, but that was due to him getting dropped.

Last edited:
I like Cesar here. He's a legit world class striker regardless of gloves or anything else. And imo Kopylov isn't the guy to truly test Cesar's grappling. That was more his last fight, and while he did get controlled, he didn't panic or give anything away. Just rode out the round knowing he'd get his chance and then capitalized in rd 2.

Kopylov is solid, but Cesar is just plain a better and more dangerous striker imo in a fight that **should** be a kickboxing match.
yeah i noticed to he got out struck by Karl Robertson , and Duraev did too by a small margin .

Jdm cant grapple, those guys can. He'd have more time on the feet. of course people will say Jdm tapped brown, but that was due to him getting dropped.
Yo maybe Im retarded (Im a crackhead) but from what I seen Gall is a better striker and grappler. He’s also bigger and has hometown advantage. Not to mention the UFC experience.

JDM was severely depleted because he cut weight back to back. And it’s a different stylistic matchup.

The horseman parlayed him so I am eager to fade the horseman.

I believe if Gall has been working on his game these past 2 years, with no USADA, this guy can put a Chase Hooper like performance.

I'm happy to eat crow but think you guys are really reaching talking yourselves into playing Gall.

Gall is a meme. Either looks impressive against random opponents or gets dispatched in hilarious fashion. His guard in mma is complete utter trash though. If Bassil gets on top he wins.

But wont blame anyone playing dog against a guy who is basically unknown at this stage.

yeah i noticed to he got out struck by Karl Robertson , and Duraev did too by a small margin .

Yeah imo Kopylov is a capable striker that can put away decent guys and guys who want to grapple if he can keep the fights standing. But Cesar is a different animal. We're talking about a guy who went the distance 3 times with Poatan in kickboxing and won one of them. He's a legit top of the food chain striker, as Rogan would put it. Kopylov just isn't at that level.

It's MMA of course, and not kickboxing so yes Kopylov is more well rounded but I doubt that will matter here since he has always preferred to strike. Unless he shows something completely different, he's gonna be in a standup fight vs a guy who's just plain better at it than he is.

I'm happy to eat crow but think you guys are really reaching talking yourselves into playing Gall.
Are you even familiar with Hafez and his past?

How do we shit on a guy who losses to ufc caliber but not a guy who losses to regional bums?

here is a picture of him blue face against an average regional guy.

hmm.png

Am i suppose to believe both this guy above and Anthony Ivey (who was cut from the ufc) can take his back multiple times but Gall who has fought and beaten better fighters and is a more legit bjj guy can't ?

Yo maybe Im retarded (Im a crackhead) but from what I seen Gall is a better striker and grappler. He’s also bigger and has hometown advantage. Not to mention the UFC experience.

JDM was severely depleted because he cut weight back to back. And it’s a different stylistic matchup.

The horseman parlayed him so I am eager to fade the horseman.

I believe if Gall has been working on his game these past 2 years, with no USADA, this guy can put a Chase Hooper like performance.
It's similar to Nick Fiore vs Chase Hooper

Nick was a favorite just because Chase got starched by Steve Garcia. And nick went the distance with Rebecki.

recency bias is culprit in these odds.

Yeah imo Kopylov is a capable striker that can put away decent guys and guys who want to grapple if he can keep the fights standing. But Cesar is a different animal. We're talking about a guy who went the distance 3 times with Poatan in kickboxing and won one of them. He's a legit top of the food chain striker, as Rogan would put it. Kopylov just isn't at that level.

It's MMA of course, and not kickboxing so yes Kopylov is more well rounded but I doubt that will matter here since he has always preferred to strike. Unless he shows something completely different, he's gonna be in a standup fight vs a guy who's just plain better at it than he is.
over 2.5 125+ looks good. Cesar went to the score cards in dwcs with Fernando, and Kopylov has a good chin, odds are off.

over 2.5 125+ looks good. Cesar went to the score cards in dwcs with Fernando, and Kopylov has a good chin, odds are off.

I don't know enough about Fernando. Is he a grappler at all? I think Cesar is more likely to have to bide his time and not open up vs guys who will be looking to take him down. Not sure if that applied to Fernando? Kopylov has a good chin, but he also hasn't faced anything close to the kind of striker Ceasar is. If this turns out to be essentially a kickboxing match (good chance of it imo) I think there's a pretty solid shot of Cesar hurting Kopylov at some point and finishing.

What a failure in odds on Rowe...

I could see Rowe winning, but I can't say I favor him. He's long and does present issues but Matthews has the advantage of being 4 years younger (30 vs 34) but ALSO having a ton more experience. Jake has 20 fights just in the UFC. At 30 years old. It's nuts. And he's improved his striking a lot. Was pretty competitive vs Morales who's very legit imo. Rowe is inconsistent (to be fair, Jake kinda is too). Sometimes looks good, others not at all.

Odds seem about right to me. Jake a slight favorite but Rowe very live.

I don't know enough about Fernando. Is he a grappler at all? I think Cesar is more likely to have to bide his time and not open up vs guys who will be looking to take him down. Not sure if that applied to Fernando? Kopylov has a good chin, but he also hasn't faced anything close to the kind of striker Ceasar is. If this turns out to be essentially a kickboxing match (good chance of it imo) I think there's a pretty solid shot of Cesar hurting Kopylov at some point and finishing.
he still landed flush several times 42 sig.strikes to the head and didn't ko him.

He has 27 kos in 57 fights in kickboxing.

Kopylov isn't a brawler type, he fights very methodical and patient, this looks like a fight where you see two guys throwing mid to low volume and being hesitant to let the combinations flow. Plenty of no name kickboxers went the distance in his kick boxing career who were average. Even his last fights in kickboxing were decisions, so to put it short, he's not a heavy hitter, just when he fights non strikers or mma generalist.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but numbers show it's unlikely

he still landed flush several times 42 sig.strikes to the head and didn't ko him.

He has 27 kos in 57 fights in kickboxing.

Kopylov isn't a brawler type, he fights very methodical and patient, this looks like a fight where you see two guys throwing mid to low volume and being hesitant to let the combinations flow. Plenty of no name kickboxers went the distance in his kick boxing career who were average. Even his last fights in kickboxing were decisions, so to put it short, he's not a heavy hitter, just when he fights non strikers or mma generalist.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but numbers show it's unlikely

Also sometimes hard to compare the shots landed with bigger gloves in kickboxing vs smaller MMA gloves. But even with that you could be right that the over has value.

Back