Media UFC 298 - Dana White post event interview

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score

-Going to Spain soon, event could take place in the stadium where the Real Madrid soccer teams plays.

-Leon Edwards got more praise than any fighter on the actual card. Was offered 3 different opponents and said yes to all of them but the opponents said no. Dana didn’t say who but my guess is Belal, Khamzat, and Shavkat.

-Seems like Volk will not get an immediate rematch. Dana doesn’t outwardly say no but implies it.

-Dern vs Lemos somehow got fight of the night over Whittaker-Costa. Seems like Dana is still salty about Costa.

-The UFC is still giving 50k bonuses which is less than a single hand of blackjack for Dana.

-UFC media is still horribly bad and ask questions no one cares about. “Topuira changed his instagram page, any thoughts on that? What kind of drink is in that green cup Dana?”

-Dana loves that wealthy and influential people like Mark Zuckerberg and the Saudi Royal Family are interested in MMA. Obviously helps the company but fighters are still left out in the cold.

-UFC 300 main event is a letdown. All UFC 300 discussion is a buzzkill during the press conference.

-Dana continues to call grown men “kids.” He also calls them “studs”

-Dana clearly has distain for Henry Cejudo. Said he already retired once and doesn’t deserve the mic after a loss, it’s Merab’s night.

Last edited:
Good luck seeing anything from Bernabeu's upper seats

-Going to Spain soon, event could take place in the stadium where the Real Madrid soccer teams plays.

-Leon Edwards got more praise than any fighter on the actual card. Was offered 3 different opponents and said yes to all of them but the opponents said no. Dana didn’t say who but my guess is Belal, Khamzat, and Shavkat.

-Seems like Volk will not get an immediate rematch. Dana doesn’t outwardly say no but implies it.

-Dern vs Lemos somehow got fight of the night over Whittaker-Costa. Seems like Dana is still salty about Costa.

-The UFC is still giving 50k bonuses which is less than a single hand of blackjack for Dana.

-UFC media is still horribly bad and ask questions no one cares about. “Topuira changed his instagram page, any thoughts on that? What kind of drink is in that green cup Dana?”

-Dana loves that wealthy and influential people like Mark Zuckerberg and the Saudi Royal Family are interested in MMA. Obviously helps the company but fighters are still left out in the cold.

-UFC 300 main event and the card overall is somewhat of a letdown. All UFC 300 discussion seems like a buzzkill during the press conference.

-Dana continues to call grown men “kids.” He also calls them “studs”

3 people turned down a TS against Edwards..?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Wtf are we watching these days..?

Also - Dern vs Lemnos was the better fight...

Last edited:
Leon Edwards got more praise than any fighter on the actual card. Was offered 3 different opponents and said yes to all of them but the opponents said no. Dana didn’t say who but my guess is Belal, Khamzat, and Shavkat.
I don't think Belal would've turned down the Edwards fight. I'd guess the three were Islam, Khamzat and Shavkat.

Remember all the flat earth wizards that thought Dana was promoting Howie Mandel's podcast ... by "fake" walking off.

<Oku02>

Fuckin' idiots

I think the 3 were Shavkat , Islam and Chimaev …….Muhammad would’ve said yes imo

yeah him saying no doesn't make any sense

pretty sure he's been posting him definitely fighting on 300 if asked

them asking Chimaev.. I'm sure they did but man that is wild. What a gamble that would be to have him make 170 again..

them asking Chimaev.. I'm sure they did but man that is wild. What a gamble that would be to have him make 170 again..
Agreed….Chimaev making 170 likely isn’t happening

This was the revelation of the presser for me.

I hope fans show Leon some respect, even if they didn't care for him to headline.

mma media are terrible at asking questions and follow ups. The longer you make the question the easier it is for Dana to avoid. They all babble

I know it wont happen, but it would be cool for El Matador to defend belt in a legit bull fighting arena.

Dana is a good kid and a real stud
nobody asked him about his howie beef ?

3 people turned down a TS against Edwards..?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Wtf are we watching these days..?

Also - Dern vs Lemnos was the better fight...

Agree.

Dern at least had the guts to take punches to give punches, while Costa flinched, and pulled his chin back, every time he threw the left hook.

Dana was especially snarky last night, but the media people there were kind of stupid. The best question was "what's in the cup?"

I think the 3 were Shavkat , Islam and Chimaev …….Muhammad would’ve said yes imo
I don't think Belal would've turned down the Edwards fight. I'd guess the three were Islam, Khamzat and Shavkat.
Dana never necessarily said that the 3 said no. Just that Leon said yes.

Hill didn't know about the Pereira fight until yesterday, so Dana probably asked Leon as a back up, Belal said yes. Dana looked for something else in the mean time (finding Pereira/Hill), and just had that fight as a last resort if he needed to.

But that fight is probably being saved to headline the UK card in summer

If you ask 3 Muslims to fight during Ramadan, ofcourse they are all going to say No. Belal is also Muslim.

-Dern vs Lemos somehow got fight of the night over Whittaker-Costa. Seems like Dana is still salty about Costa
A toss-up IMHO, no doubt if it was anyone else with Rob... but major credit to Dern being SO badass for staying in 'til the end, that was incredible. Really hope her injury damage and broken facial bones is something that doesn't end her, umm, opportunity.
Not surprised at Chimaev, 170 would drain him and he'd look like Skeletor.
The other 2 would really miss out on perfect timing for an instant title shot.
-Dana clearly has distain for Henry Cejudo.
One more Champion that Dana will continue to disparage in his usual manner.
Good luck seeing anything from Bernabeu's upper seats

What ? Do the fans really expect to see when Dana is only charging them $3000 ?

Back