Media Dana White Set to OFFICIALLY Announce UFC 300 Main Event at UFC 298 Post-Fight Press Conference

As much as id love that, there's no way in hell Dana will have 2 guys fight for the title that would probably both retire after lol.
Oh fucking hell he would just to sell and even absolutely even if he knew 100% they were doing a 1 off he'd sell it like they were back forever and then be like well it is what it is.

Brockapril homies!

Oh fucking hell he would just to sell and even absolutely even if he knew 100% they were doing a 1 off he'd sell it like they were back forever and then be like well it is what it is.
Yeah i mean in terms of name-value, nostalgia, and peak UFC 300. That would be one of the greatest main events they can put on.

Actually opening that pandoras box, they can go back to a mini tournament like they did with flyweight back in the day when opening a new division if they both retire for who gets to be undisputed champion.

Yeah i mean in terms of name-value, nostalgia, and peak UFC 300. That would be one of the greatest main events they can put on.

Actually opening that pandoras box, they can go back to a mini tournament like they did with flyweight back in the day when opening a new division if they both retire for who gets to be undisputed champion.
That would actually be pretty fucking cool

Great. Announce it after 298 when people will be going wherever they go when a card ends. For me it's to sleep.

UFC 300 was scheduled at the absolute worst time

don't they plan this shit out?
They don't. It fell where it fell. Sure they would've liked for it in July but they would've had to have some months with no PPV. They say a hard no to that idea.

They don't. It fell where it fell. Sure they would've liked for it in July but they would've had to have some months with no PPV. They say a hard no to that idea.
Im almost certain that if it was in July it would have opened up Islam and many other fighters.

They should have pushed back the PPV's IMO before the year started.

Ariel will let us know Friday <JonesLaugh>
Came here to say this. He'll blow the lid, then cry when he's exiled, then act like he got kicked out for spreading incorrect information, when in fact he got booted for ruining the surprise for the fans.

I actually suspect he has nothing. Several big fights probably fell off, and he's pulling a JJ Abrams.

I'm too excited, someone please give me an epidural and a sedative before this causes me to give birth.

Uncle Fester Roided Pink Goofball going full M. Night Shamalama. Big build up and shitty plot twist at the end.

Came here to say this. He'll blow the lid, then cry when he's exiled, then act like he got kicked out for spreading incorrect information, when in fact he got booted for ruining the surprise for the fans.
Would be better than any fight to see Dana reaction if Ariel did it agsin

Adesanya vs Pereira 3 seems like the obvious choice to me. Pereira wants to fight Izzy, Izzy wants to be on 300 but I don't see many people talking about it. Was it shut down or something?

Maybe an alternate solution would have been to go back-at least for a time-to the old custom of giving events exciting names rather than numbers. This would have afforded them greater flexibility with respect to this particular circumstance.

Yeah, it's going to be something underwhelming, which is why it's being announced without fans present.

There is no way they will announce a main event fight for UFC 300 at the post fight presser. That shit will happen during the PPV without a doubt if it gets announced.

There is no way they will announce a main event fight for UFC 300 at the post fight presser. That shit will happen during the PPV without a doubt if it gets announced.

That was my thinking too. But maybe it's such an underwhelming main event that they're scared the entire arena will boo the fuck out of it lol

Back