• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 279. From PPV to skip to most talked about PPV in recent memory.

Which card do I prefer?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Last week we were all complaining about how shitty this card is and how it should be a Fight Night, not even worth a buy... Come Friday, UFC 279 and the fighters were trending with the queen... traffic up and now UFC 279 and the fighters are all we are talking about... planned or not. The Just Bleed God shined on us and gave us a pretty decent card and with the shake up, there will be blood...

greys-anatomy-carina-deluca.gif

I was happy before but this is even better :)

Last week we were all complaining about how shitty this card is and how it should be a Fight Night, not even worth a buy... Come Friday, UFC 279 and the fighters were trending with the queen... traffic up and now UFC 279 and the fighters are all we are talking about... planned or not. The Just Bleed God shined on us and gave us a pretty decent card and with the shake up, there will be blood...
Give me the just bleed battle of the year.

Give me holland and khamzat talking shit

It is pretty wild how much buzz had been created from all this.

Feels like a combination of UFC 223 fight week & UFC 137 a few weeks out when Nick skipped the presser & they switched the fights to GSP/Condit(which would get postponed) & BJ/Nick.

This is way better. I've been wanting Diaz/Ferg ever since I found out it was almost a thing.

Khamzat/Nate was gonna be a 1 or 2 round squash match, but this is a real fight now

I'm mainly just happy Diaz is still fighting, I don't really care who he fights. I did really want holland v Rodriguez, I liked that fight a lot.

Things got a lot more interesting. Now Diaz and Tony both have a good chance to shine. We get two 5 rounders, where Chimaev's endurance will be tested against a game Holland. And people will tune in for Jingliang now that he's up against a 10 lbs heavier fighter.

I was watching regardless but this is now a way better card (and with more balanced fights too). Can't wait for tonight!

world-series-my-body-is-ready.gif

I wanted the original fight but I changed my mind after seeing Nate not in shape and telling stories like Luke Rockhold.

I couldn't be happier with the out come. khamzat vs holland will be the most talkative fight of all time. Diaz and ferguson get what they deserve. Li gets all the street cred in the world for taking on an opponent 10 pounds bigger on 24 hour notice.

I think everyone comes out on top.

Back