How Many Fights on the Card Have to Interest You Before You Buy a UFC PPV?

How Many Fights Have to Interest You Before You Will Consider Buying a UFC PPV?

• 2 (A Great Main and 1 More)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wormwood

Rest in Peace BWR
@Black
Reaction score
Back in the days of old, I bought every PPV and knew every fighter on the card. I watched the whole card top to bottom. After about a decade of this, I joined a gym that would show every PPV on every screen in the gym and also set up a giant projection screen. They also had some type of food and beer stand set up where you can buy a meal and drink for a reasonable price. Not only that, gym members could invite friends for free. They even showed Mayweather vs McGregor. Needless to say, I stopped buying PPV’s during that time. Get my workout in and watch my favorite sport.

I eventually moved to South Korea where PPV’s were $24.99, but have since increased to $34.99. I still used to buy all the PPV’s, until I found out the local sports channel shows the whole PPV for free about 4-5 hrs after the event. This works for me since in Asia, UFC PPV’s broadcast Sunday morning, and I don’t want to sit at home midday watching something. I can watch the card at night…as long as I stay off Sherdog for the day.

Needless to say, I no longer purchase PPV’s… but got me thinking… fellow Sherbros in the US who buy PPV’s have to spend, what, $80.00?? For those of you who buy PPV’s at that price (I know, I know.. the cool kids don’t buy PPV’s), how many fights have to interest you?

On this last card, I actually bought the PPV for $34.99 because I had stuff to do at home, and I wanted to watch Shavkat live, and was hoping Tony would win and call it quits… but I don’t know if Shavkat alone would get me to throw down $80 or whatever the price is now. I’d say at least 3-4 fights for me..

I would never buy a PPV if i had a free way to get it, would rather spend it on happy ending massage parlours.

But if i absolutely had to spend money to watch a card, probably 1 or 2 big fights is enough for me to consider purchasing it
Haha I appreciate the honesty.. ok, here’s your personal poll.. assuming the masseuse isn’t Jon Jones, what is the cut off age of the masseuse you’ll accept a HE from?

Haha I appreciate the honesty.. ok, here’s your personal poll.. assuming the masseuse isn’t Jon Jones, what is the cut off age of the masseuse you’ll accept a HE from?
Probably around early 20s. Damn i never thought about having a massage from Jon Jones. That would be an honor and pleasure. Just talking about regular massage by the way, wouldn't accept a happy ending from jon jones

Back in the days of old, I bought every PPV and knew every fighter on the card. I watched the whole card top to bottom. After about a decade of this, I joined a gym that would show every PPV on every screen in the gym and also set up a giant projection screen. They also had some type of food and beer stand set up where you can buy a meal and drink for a reasonable price. Not only that, gym members could invite friends for free. They even showed Mayweather vs McGregor. Needless to say, I stopped buying PPV’s during that time. Get my workout in and watch my favorite sport.

I eventually moved to South Korea where PPV’s were $24.99, but have since increased to $34.99. I still used to buy all the PPV’s, until I found out the local sports channel shows the whole PPV for free about 4-5 hrs after the event. This works for me since in Asia, UFC PPV’s broadcast Sunday morning, and I don’t want to sit at home midday watching something. I can watch the card at night…as long as I stay off Sherdog for the day.

Needless to say, I no longer purchase PPV’s… but got me thinking… fellow Sherbros in the US who buy PPV’s have to spend, what, $80.00?? For those of you who buy PPV’s at that price (I know, I know.. the cool kids don’t buy PPV’s), how many fights have to interest you?

On this last card, I actually bought the PPV for $34.99 because I had stuff to do at home, and I wanted to watch Shavkat live, and was hoping Tony would win and call it quits… but I don’t know if Shavkat alone would get me to throw down $80 or whatever the price is now. I’d say at least 3-4 fights for me..

I get every card.

Probably around early 20s. Damn i never thought about having a massage from Jon Jones. That would be an honor and pleasure. Just talking about regular massage by the way, wouldn't accept a happy ending from jon jones
Ah man… so disappointed at the depth of your fandom.. it’s Jon Freakin’ Jones!! His hands look supple.

UFC hardly has a stacked card from top to bottom. I used to order every pride card
Ahh the good ol days
It does seem like the cards from years gone by were more stacked, but maybe it’s just nostalgia.. though back then we didn’t have all the fight nights and other free events so yeah, less events probably meant stacked cards.

I have people I split it with, and it makes it easier tbf sir.
But yeah I get every card as its the only entertainment I pay for ;)
Good man… with all the criticism of the UFC and to a lesser degree, mma..I still find it more exciting than any other sport by a wide margin.. or maybe the 5 minute rounds are just perfect to hold my attention.

Good man… with all the criticism of the UFC and to a lesser degree, mma..I still find it more exciting than any other sport by a wide margin.. or maybe the 5 minute rounds are just perfect to hold my attention.
I mean its no PRIDE but it fulfills my violence quota lol.

When they were cheaper like $50 and not as frequent it was not so bad,
Now days asking $80 for some card full of jobbers and you have to have some ESPN subscription on top of that. Is crazy man

I miss when the Weigh ins were a big deal and always live. Now I never watch just check Sherdog to see who missed weight lol.

It depends, sometimes I can't be fucked driving to the pub in the morning to watch a ppv. So most are purchased spur of the moment

One if its the right fight.
Is there a particular fighter, regardless who he/she fights, you will buy a card for?

If Anderson or Machida were still fighting (and still in the fight shape they were in their fight days), I’d probably buy the ppv regardless of opponent.

Back