How Many Fights on the Card Have to Interest You Before You Buy a UFC PPV?

How Many Fights Have to Interest You Before You Will Consider Buying a UFC PPV?

• 2 (A Great Main and 1 More)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is there a particular fighter, regardless who he/she fights, you will buy a card for?

If Anderson or Machida were still fighting (and still in the fight shape they were in their fight days), I’d probably buy the ppv regardless of opponent.
Khabib was one.

Jiri is now.

Sometimes its the result of two guys who are too good fighting each other, like Volk vs Islam,or Jiri/Izzy vs Poatan etc.

I wouldn't say it has to be stacked top to bottom, but I've gotta some level of interest im every fight on the card if I'm actually gonna pay for card instead of pursuing other options.

It felt so much bigger then.
It was like watching magic happen sir.
For sure… would look forward to the event for weeks.. maybe things were more exciting when we were younger or maybe things were better..or a little of both

For sure… would look forward to the event for weeks.. maybe things were more exciting when we were younger or maybe things were better..or a little of both

I still get just as excited when something happens, but my anticipation for the cards has wained a bit.
I have so much going on in real life it keeps my mind too busy to let outside things in tbf sir.

I still get just as excited when something happens, but my anticipation for the cards has wained a bit.
I have so much going on in real life it keeps my mind too busy to let outside things in tbf sir.
Was gunna say… maybe we just have more going on too… either way, it was a fun time for mma fans

I might buy UFC 300 and have a few friends over! That would be the first in years. Anderson Silva, BJ Penn & George’s St P had me and my friends group viewing and buying PPVs like 6 times a year. I couldn’t afford every card now. There’s a lot of cards and I’m frugal. The high octane action fighters like Gaethje-Fiziev, Adesanya-Pereira, Makhachev, Chimaev, are always worth the buy imo.

Last edited:
I will never buy a UFC PPV until the fighters start getting considerably more money.

Was gunna say… maybe we just have more going on too… either way, it was a fun time for mma fans

It was the best and only the ones that were there know how fuckin awesome it was sir.
The people that shit on it weren't there to see it unfold in person.

It's the opposite for me. If they make the card bad enough, I will skip. I think Holly "ish ish ish!" Holm main evented something this year or last. I skipped it.

Most other cards I watch

I always find people talking PPV sales a little weird since in EU there's more a "Channel Subscription culture". I follow MMA from more than 20 years and I never paid a single cent to watch an UFC event. There's only one very small demographic group that in 2023 actually purchases PPV: American boomers that are not able to find an HD stream and that don't know what an IPTV is.
Also, I lived in South East Asia for a while in a different coutry than yours, and everyone and their grannies had IPTV. It's just amazing having free LIVE access to so many combat organizations without having to pay.

I loved waking up early to enjoy the little fresh air in the morning, taking the motorcycle to go for a swim in the ocean, and come back to have breakfast while watching UFC. The events were always long enough to make me open the first beer around 12 and order some food. Amazing times, beautiful places, incredible and inspiring people.

Last edited:
Buying the PpV would make me too invested in the main event and comain.

I might kill someone if it turns out it's shit/a stinker/ a scam.

Like imagine paying 89 bucks to see Aljo vs Tj and Tj comes out with his paper shoulder.

Back