• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 279. From PPV to skip to most talked about PPV in recent memory.

Which card do I prefer?

• Total voters
Easily the most anticipated and best card for me this year.

All the drama beforehand just made it even more of a must watch Event.

We don't know you but you are offensive

Says the poster with a yellow card. Khamzat and I have the same issue--people hate us 'cause they ain't us. But wolves never give a damn about the opinions of sheep. I'm old enough to be his dad so I handle the rampant jealousy more smoothly but he'll learn.

Thats probably where my disdain comes from, I hoped for the same.
I’ll be honest at the end of the day I wasn’t expecting 2 peak athletes. I guess I knew what I was getting when I tuned in. They’re both older and a lot of seeing guys like that fight is the nostalgia. Quite frankly when Tony fought Justin I didn’t expect to ever see old tony ever again. He took a lot of damage and was coming off an acl surgery. And I think Nate talking the way he has in the lead up made me feel similar. Like I know the best days are behind these guys but I’m still gonna tune in. And every once in awhile a fight like this surprises you. Like Luke rockhold gassing like a couch potato but then fighting back super hard, rocking costa here and there and smothering him and blood. - that’s the kind of stuff I hope for from a fight like this. I don’t think I ever anticipated perfect technique or the fighters to be peak physical specimens.

At the end of the day these guys take their body and turn it into a weapon. Even punching bags or getting hit a few times in a gym you can feel some of your bones ache and the accumulation of damage if you maintain that for a couple years. Now doing this every day and making a career out of it? I’m sure dudes like tony and Nate wake up nearly every day with nagging injuries and aches that don’t go away. The human body can only take so much punishment and eventually these guys slow down.

But I still love the shit out of them and I’ll always watch them fight because they brought some of the best memories I have in this sport

Thank Allah* the UFC realized this just in time and self-corrected the problem.

That was for all you posters who insist I'm Muslim, you're so easy to manipulate and don't even know it <45>
If you got a bathtub I've got no problem with you, I insist.

Just Bleed. Diaz vs Ferguson

I mean I didn't see
Original. Khamzat vs Diaz, so I can only make it up in my head.

Basically, would have been good with either Card lineup and really glad it delivered with fights as re-slated.

Also all considered Nates Epic Sunset is probably one of the most iconic moments ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back