UFC 232 Early PPV Numbers

Anything above 500k is huge for ufc. And it will never be just about one name. Opponent matters as Floyd vs Berto 400k buyrate shows.
Floyd made 30 million for 400k buys of Berto. Better than Conor for 1.65M Diaz rematch. Which option you'd choose?

exactly. fury-wilder did $300k and that was considered a HUGE success and one of the biggest draws in years.

UFC's doing just fine.
Your point is a good one and has validity; but it’s worth noting that it was also quite a bit more expensive than the ufc ppv.

I still say PPV is dying.

I know what he is going for, but you can't take out the top number when discussing this.
A reason why UFC is still keeping PPV is partially due to the big fights that bring in large revenue

They took what was left of their integrity (not much to start with) and traded it for 700k PPVs.

They will lose a lot more in the long run for this short gain.

Integrity... LMAO.

Holy shit. That’s an amazing buyrate for the current mma scene.

Really?
Cyborg draws pretty decent on her own
She did 260k vs an unknown & 380k with Holly
I don't know, I figured the featherweight title fight wouldn't really gather the views and I clearly undersold Jones ability to bring views.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...ed-to-have-pulled-in-700000-pay-per-view-buys

Early estimates are that UFC 232 will do an estimated 700,000 buys between television and streaming pay-per-view. The number would be the UFC’s second-biggest of 2018, trailing only the nearly 2.4 million for the Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor fight on Oct. 6. The only other pay-per-view event of 2018 to beat that number would have been the Sept. 15 Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin fight, which did an estimated 1.1 million buys.

The number was well above most expectations for the show, with the belief being that all the news coverage of the Jon Jones controversial drug test results which led to the venue move less than one week before the show created far more awareness of the event, which combined with a strong top two fights and Christmas weekend with families getting together historically being good for UFC pay-per-view numbers.

Where are all the people who say Jon Jones isnt a draw unless he fights cormier now???

Where are you?

<Kobe213>
Right here. If the co-main wasn't the greatest female fight of all time they wouldn't have hit this number. Why does WMMA exist? Numbers. Why was Halle Berry's fine ass there? WMMA. A lot of women bought this card. Or people who wanted to see a historic fight and a massive upset, which I aggressively predicted, and ended up happening.

Meanwhile DC gets 300k fighting HW champion.

"Jon will sell at most 300k... Cheater, roider, picograms!!11eleven"
You ignored my point entirely so I'm not sure what you want me to say. Yes Jones cheated and still got impressive ppv numbers, hardly a historic achievement.

Back