UFC 232 Early PPV Numbers

I don't have the stats but outside of this bout and the two with Cormier he hasn't been. Might be a little early to claim he is a draw. All the attention for this card could mean this spike is an aberration. Watch him against Smith. If it's a weak card below their main event fight I don't think they'd break 400k.
So, according to you, the man had 3 straight outstanding showings in a row but you still want to atribute that to "cormier" and "abnormalities".
On top of that you already started fabricating an excuse for the future that if his next outing does great numbers it would be because the rest of the card was stacked...

The lengths people go to deny jones in here is mindblowing.

I understand your points, and im not saying there are no merits to it, but do you really think this is whats more likely? Or is it that jones sells?

He isnt conor/ronda/lesnar levels of drawing power, but he is the next best thing. No doubt.

Have you ever heard of reference? It can help to get one’s point across to make similar examples. I mentioned GSP’s numbers because of the similarities with time away from the Octagon. And not losing their belts in the Octagon.

I’ll say it one more time though. It’s the drop in Jones*’ numbers that really interest me. There is evidence his numbers droppped 160K from his last fight. Nobody finds this interesting? This number as I said beats everybody but McGregor and GSP. But a drop of around 20% is no joke.

Keep your eyes on the prize. I do.

I know what a reference is. But 4 years compared to 1.5, 3 title fights compared to 2, giving up his title compared to being stripped, a largely promoted MSG yearly event compared to a disaster from Vegas going to Cali. Apples and oranges.

Trust me I see what you’re trying to do and say. It just doesn’t make much sense. If you solely compared it to DC vs Jones 2 then yeah you’re on point. GSP shouldn’t be you’re reference point in every post.

Not really a draw cosindering that we had Cyborg-Nunes + Jones against his biggest threat ever in Gustafsson + drama in the fight week

GSP was selling PPVs and full stadiums with fucking Shieldses and Fitches of the world.

MELTZER
From his newsletter: 700k
Really good numbers, this also shows the strength of Conors star power and will only serve to strengthen his negotiating

We will see what that means to fans

ObYJaR7.gif

Lol at people acting like this was purely Jones and celebrating like it's some sort of weird cucklike victory for them.

The talk I saw was 900K at one point I believe. 700K is well below that. And Meltzer is always a reliable early source.

On his return GSP at 217 sold 850K.

Looks like people are getting a little sick of Jones*. Of course 700K is still more than everybody else except McGregor or GSP will sell right now. And it’s a real drop from his last 2 fights ( 860K and 800K).

If Lesnar returns I’m not sure if he will still sell a million.

All in all a little surprised at the number. But very happy it’s lower than it could have been.
900k was from a fake news site that just made up a number with no sources.

700k is a phenomenal number for the ufc at this point. They only have 5 big name draws that are technically not retired at the moment

1. Conor
2. Ronda. In wwe but probably retired. She says she isn’t, but she hasn’t been tested in 2018 or 2019 so she is probably is but refuses to admit it. Too much pride?
3. GSP, but who knows his status. Waiting for 165?
4. Brock. In wwe also but closer to fighting that the 3 above.
5. Jones. Not always a numbers powerhouse like the 4 above, but his drama and troubles bring in more buys.

The only way I see Jones pulling over a million is a fight with Cormier or Brock. Brock mainly carries the numbers there but the DC rivalry would sell great.

Jeff Novitsky bought 70% of the PPVs for good pr

its true

Lmao not surprised

All the people that “boycotted” just stream every ppv and brag about it anyways

You dont matter unfortunately

Jones GOAT

Lol at people acting like this was purely Jones and celebrating like it's some sort of weird cucklike victory for them.

Jones's bullshit had a lot to do with it. At the end of the day, he gets points so it's a victory for both him and the UFC in this PPV climate.

Jones's bullshit had a lot to do with it. At the end of the day, he gets points so it's a victory for both him and the UFC in this PPV climate.

They took what was left of their integrity (not much to start with) and traded it for 700k PPVs.

They will lose a lot more in the long run for this short gain.

I'm hearing 875k from Dan Meltzer, Dave's long lost brother. Unlike Dave, Dan isn't on WME's payroll so I trust him.

Source: his pay-site that only I have access to

Last edited:
They took what was left of their integrity (not much to start with) and traded it for 700k PPVs.

They will lose a lot more in the long run for this short gain.

I certainly felt that way the week of the fight (that it would possibly hurt UFC)
But outside of the 12k fans that got refunds because of the move, I am not seeing/feeling any long-term dissension directly due to all the BS

Anything above 500k is huge for ufc. And it will never be just about one name. Opponent matters as Floyd vs Berto 400k buyrate shows.

Back