UFC 232 Early PPV Numbers

It's The Trump Effect.

The unwashed masses want someone as unintelligent and reprehensible as they are.

Yep, our society is pretty fucked up.

GSP still is more popular....

Damn turns out Jones can draw after all.

When he's in some kind of conflict he does, indeed. The whole UFC 232 was one big conflict...

Let's see UFC 235 numbers. Smith doesn't present that kind of tension as Gus did.

Hell, maybe they should consider let Jonea fail pre-fight drug test and get cleared by USADA's lame excuse again...that seems to be bringing numbers.

Bought it for Cyborg and Nunez. Not so much for Jones... But I nearly always buy anyway, even if it’s a mediocre card. Too many people come to visit and so got to entertain them.

Most of those buys were PED users and USADA.
I know your just trying to start shit with this comment but it actually got me thinking, do you think Dana or other exec's ever just buy up a shitload of PPVs themselves to artificially inflate the numbers?

Yeah people forget before DC interfered with his stupid press confrence drama that this rematch was the most anticipated one of all time. Jones and Gus were on the cover of the UFC video game for a reason.

Even after five years this matchup was still in high demand. First one only did poor because people were treating Gus like he was Anthony Smith(they tended to want him to fight Machida) and because there was a boxing super fight the week before.

When he's in some kind of conflict he does, indeed. The whole UFC 232 was one big conflict...

Let's see UFC 235 numbers. Smith doesn't present that kind of tension as Gus did.

Hell, maybe they should consider let Jonea fail pre-fight drug test and get cleared by USADA's lame excuse again...that seems to be bringing numbers.

While his best numbers come from conflict all his ones below 500 save Shogun come from matchups that weren't the first choice. First he wasn't fighting Shad and people wanted to see this, then people wanted him to fight Sonnen after that fiasco so the Belfort one did bad then they wanted a Machida rematch so the Gus one did bad then they wanted the Gus rematch so the Glover fight did bad.

Same with boxing and the constant Manny/Floyd sde stepping if people want a fight and they get another one not many people are going to buy they'll wait for the one they want to see.

Don't think anyone but Sherdoggers really want to see Jones v DC 3. That rivalry was been milked.

While his best numbers come from conflict all his ones below 500 save Shogun come from matchups that weren't the first choice. First he wasn't fighting Shad and people wanted to see this, then people wanted him to fight Sonnen after that fiasco so the Belfort one did bad then they wanted a Machida rematch so the Gus one did bad then they wanted the Gus rematch so the Glover fight did bad.

Same with boxing and the constant Manny/Floyd sde stepping if people want a fight and they get another one not many people are going to buy they'll wait for the one they want to see.

Don't think anyone but Sherdoggers really want to see Jones v DC 3. That rivalry was been milked.

Fair enough...pity for him that he's not like Conor , GSO, Lesnar or Rousey that could draw huge ehile fighting total irrelevant mismatches...

I know your just trying to start shit with this comment but it actually got me thinking, do you think Dana or other exec's ever just buy up a shitload of PPVs themselves to artificially inflate the numbers?

I hope you are kidding but I think you are not.

Floyd made 30 million for 400k buys of Berto. Better than Conor for 1.65M Diaz rematch. Which option you'd choose?

Rhetorical question? Yeah Floyd really knows how to make himself all the money even if the event wouldnt sell.

Sounds good, looking forward to 235...unless Jon Jones "Jon Jones's" again.

I hope you are kidding but I think you are not.
I'm not. Was just a random slightly intoxicated thought, lol. I guess thinking about it though it is a little absurd since 100000 PPVs would cost like 6 million dollars. Doesn't really seem like a smart way to make an event seem bigger than it was.

Looks like people are getting a little sick of Jones*. Of course 700K is still more than everybody else except McGregor or GSP will sell right now. And it’s a real drop from his last 2 fights ( 860K and 800K).

If Lesnar returns I’m not sure if he will still sell a million.

All in all a little surprised at the number. But very happy it’s lower than it could have been.
Right I get that. I was just a little surprised at the actual number of buys. I wasn’t sure what to expect. But it could have conceivably sold as high as a million. I didn’t know.

It’s the drop off from the last 2 though (160 K and 100K) That only really matter to me. I’m glad to see there seems to be some backlash from the fans. That was a grade A shit show.

Jones* gone for less than a year and half = 700K.
GSP gone for four full years = 850K.

Have the facts before trying to look smart, last two fights.

UFC 214 vs DC 2: 860K
UFC 197 vs OSP: 322K

UFC 165 vs Gus 1: 310K, lowest Jones PPV main event

But you are right, it was lower than it could have been as there are many more numbers above 700,000...it could've done a trillion.

HAHAHAHA this has got to be one of the dumbest posts on Sherdog

What a terrible example. Both Floyd and Manny got a massive boost to their other fights because of all the Manny/Floyd fight talk

Back