• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

There are degrees. Ufc cannot obviously have artem lobov beat gsp but they can make it so that lobov chances are significantly increased. Ufc does everything within its power to groom popular fighters into champs.

So you've just entirely changed your rhetoric. You implied cheating by the UFC, now you say grooming. Time to stop, fella.

after watching some jacare fights, here are my general assessments about him
1. he has no gas, if it is not done in round 1, he will most likely lose
2. UFC does not like him, he should won the fight with Gastelum. He clearly won round 1 and 3 yet UFC helped Gastelum win UFC 224. I think he shoulda won by a split decision.
3. he has crazy spirit, at one point, he fights unconsciously with Gastelum
4. he is technical but his grappling suffers due to his old age (for example, he had his chance with Whittaker in round 1 but he slipped. He had his chance with Gastelum in round 1 and he also slipped)
5. after his takedown, he has no gas

Weidman
1. UFC likes the guy
2. He has a better gas tank than Souza (can go all three rounds no problem)
3. he has good defense and can take damages well
4. despite people's weird impression that he is good submission artist, he is a lousy grappler, he slips all the time. He aint no Khabib.

prediction
Decision Weidman
good breakdown !

So you've just entirely changed your rhetoric. You implied cheating by the UFC, now you say grooming. Time to stop, fella.
Umm you should read what i wrote man.
1. I never changed my initial statement. You just have a very poor reading comprehension skills.
2. You are incredibly rude.

Anyone who doesn't think major sports organizations/leagues don't have a vested interest in certain fighters or teams doing better than others is a naive fool. As former NBA commissioner David Stern once observed, the ideal Finals series would "Lakers versus Lakers". And indeed, when the Lakers make the Finals, that means tens of millions of dollars more revenue for the league. Think they MIGHT want to increase the chances of that occurring?

It's especially puzzling with the UFC, which has a long history of fucking over fighters they dislike (most recently, Kajan Johnson) and helping fighters they like (Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey as obvious examples).

Going further back, I don't know how anyone can observe the debacle of Matt Lindland being promised a title shot and then being summarily cut for a bullshit, nonsensical reason and think the UFC is completely impartial.

Umm you should read what i wrote man.
1. I never changed my initial statement. You just have a very poor reading comprehension skills.
2. You are incredibly rude.

1. Yes you did. And using this to critique me: "You just have a very poor reading comprehension skills" actually made me laugh.
2. If you find me rude you might want to slowly back away from this forum.

I simply called you out on a silly statement. Nothing personal.

edits: to not be an ass

Last edited:
1. Yes you did. And using this to critique me: "You just have a very poor reading comprehension skills" actually made me laugh.
2. If you find me rude you might want to slowly back away from this forum.

I simply called you out on a silly statement. Nothing personal.

edits: to not be an ass

1. aite dude. You DO have exceptionally weak reading comprehension skills and this is a fact. In case, your stoned brain could not process the conversation, I will break it down for you bit by bit.
"Ufc has a long history of playing favotites. For example, during the match between Rockhold vs Weidman , herb dean did not stop the match until the round was over even though it should have clearly been stopped. Back then, ufc favored weidman. I mean its biz."
This was my original statement. I merely stated that UFC plays favorites. UFC favoring someone does not equate that the fights are rigged. You wrongly equivocated playing favorites with rigging the entire fight. For instance, during khabib and conor, UFC also played favorites by letting Conor grab the fence along with an illegal knee kick. In fact, Herb Dean is KNOWN to let things like this happen all the time!

Upon misreading my initial post, you expressed your disbelief and claimed that UFC cannot be rigged and that claims are outrageous! Do you see? I NEVER said that the fights were fixed.

At this point, I could have been an ahole and made fun of your inability to reason and read. But being the nice guy, I decided to offer you a kind explanation. I responded:
"There are degrees. Ufc cannot obviously have artem lobov beat gsp but they can make it so that lobov chances are significantly increased. Ufc does everything within its power to groom popular fighters into champs."

And then you accused me of changing my original statement along with insults. Okay dude, you need to read more often and stop making certain assumptions. This will get you into a lot fights and cost you pretty pennies in the future kid. nothing personal.

The UFC will obviously in some fights want a particular person to win for whatever reason but I don't think there's any chance that they're colluding with the ref or judges to let McGregor get away with a fence grab or to influence a split decision loss against Jacare.

The UFC will obviously in some fights want a particular person to win for whatever reason but I don't think there's any chance that they're colluding with the ref or judges to let McGregor get away with a fence grab or to influence a split decision loss against Jacare.
I can't speak for everyone but from the fights I've seen, UFC looks the other way for their favorites. Some major characteristics are
1) they are popular fighters so they bring in the dough
2) they act like lapdogs until they become champions (they do whatever UFC tells them to do until some point in time)
3) they are usually young, late 20s to early 30s.

So UFC has tendencies to intervene in BIG fights. No one cares about the small fish.
If you compare the scoring and how they tightly regulate the lower tier matches as opposed to the bigger ones, the big matches are not regulated very well.

after watching some jacare fights, here are my general assessments about him
1. he has no gas, if it is not done in round 1, he will most likely lose
2. UFC does not like him, he should won the fight with Gastelum. He clearly won round 1 and 3 yet UFC helped Gastelum win UFC 224. I think he shoulda won by a split decision.
3. he has crazy spirit, at one point, he fights unconsciously with Gastelum
4. he is technical but his grappling suffers due to his old age (for example, he had his chance with Whittaker in round 1 but he slipped. He had his chance with Gastelum in round 1 and he also slipped)
5. after his takedown, he has no gas

Weidman
1. UFC likes the guy
2. He has a better gas tank than Souza (can go all three rounds no problem)
3. he has good defense and can take damages well
4. despite people's weird impression that he is good submission artist, he is a lousy grappler, he slips all the time. He aint no Khabib.

prediction
Decision Weidman
Weidman has weak gas tank either

1. aite dude. You DO have exceptionally weak reading comprehension skills and this is a fact. In case, your stoned brain could not process the conversation, I will break it down for you bit by bit.
"Ufc has a long history of playing favotites. For example, during the match between Rockhold vs Weidman , herb dean did not stop the match until the round was over even though it should have clearly been stopped. Back then, ufc favored weidman. I mean its biz."
This was my original statement. I merely stated that UFC plays favorites. UFC favoring someone does not equate that the fights are rigged. You wrongly equivocated playing favorites with rigging the entire fight. For instance, during khabib and conor, UFC also played favorites by letting Conor grab the fence along with an illegal knee kick. In fact, Herb Dean is KNOWN to let things like this happen all the time!

Upon misreading my initial post, you expressed your disbelief and claimed that UFC cannot be rigged and that claims are outrageous! Do you see? I NEVER said that the fights were fixed.

At this point, I could have been an ahole and made fun of your inability to reason and read. But being the nice guy, I decided to offer you a kind explanation. I responded:
"There are degrees. Ufc cannot obviously have artem lobov beat gsp but they can make it so that lobov chances are significantly increased. Ufc does everything within its power to groom popular fighters into champs."

And then you accused me of changing my original statement along with insults. Okay dude, you need to read more often and stop making certain assumptions. This will get you into a lot fights and cost you pretty pennies in the future kid. nothing personal.

Feel better?

Weidman vs Jacare is a great matchup. i always thought it would go down like one of those "what if" fights that never happened but it is actually happening lol. I think weidman takes it but not too sure.

eubanks + lando parlay is money

Odds at Jacare vs Weidman?
IMG-2270.jpg

If anyone wants to bet Lobov, the play would be to live bet him after round 1.

As we all know, Michael Johnson tends to quit after a round.

With that being said, he should still slaughter Artem, unless he has an awful weight cut after taking the fight on short notice.

I believe the UFC does want certain fighters to win, and they may collude with refs and judges on BIG fights. Keyword, big. Artem is a small fish.

With that being said, are people truly oblivious to the fact that Herb allowed Conor to commit more fouls in a single fight than we've seen in a very, very long time, without deducting a point or even giving him a warning? Do you people actually buy into the ridiculous video that Herb made to explain his reasoning for letting Conor blatantly cheat?

I had 500$ on Khabib, he won, so I'm not salty(i'll post the betslip if anyone wants, 500$ isn't a lot compared to what some of you on here wager, though). But god damn, open your eyes. The UFC clearly instructed Herb to give Conor some leeway in that fight.

Im curious to see how Weidman handles Jacares ground game.

I'm curious to see if this fight even goes to the ground. Weidman may be content standing at range and trying to pick Jacare apart.

Despite Jacare's KO wins, I'd argue that both have relatively mediocre stand up.

I think if it does go to the ground in rounds 2/3, Weidman will be the bigger man and have the advantage. Jacare is getting old, and gasses much easier now.

I’m honestly not sold on Johnson, I could picture a LOT of people losing money on him because of a split decision loss.

Artem is a meme but he’s still a fighter that can accomplish things. Michael Johnson is literally an enigma. Laying stacks on Michael Johnson is like choosing between two guns on a table. One is loaded, one isn’t. You’re either going to shoot yourself in the head or you’re going to survive. Either way, massive risk.

I’m a Michael Johnson fan and it was hard for me to type this.

I’m honestly not sold on Johnson, I could picture a LOT of people losing money on him because of a split decision loss.

Artem is a meme but he’s still a fighter that can accomplish things. Michael Johnson is literally an enigma. Laying stacks on Michael Johnson is like choosing between two guns on a table. One is loaded, one isn’t. You’re either going to shoot yourself in the head or you’re going to survive. Either way, massive risk.

I’m a Michael Johnson fan and it was hard for me to type this.

I won 1500$ on MJ after his last fight, but I'm not proud of that bet and I will never bet on him @ FW again.

He shouldn't have won, and I damn near had a heart attack watching the split decision being read without sound in a sports bar.

stop checking the forum for 1 week and the CEO of 5Dimes gets kidnapped and murdered
SMH boys

I'm curious to see if this fight even goes to the ground. Weidman may be content standing at range and trying to pick Jacare apart.

Despite Jacare's KO wins, I'd argue that both have relatively mediocre stand up.

That's unfair to Jacare. As a former amateur boxer, I can say his stand-up is pretty good. If this fight happened even 2-3 years ago, my money would undoubtedly be on Jacare.

However, he has undoubtedly slowed down at nearly 39 years old, so perhaps Weidman is the smart play. I will likely sit that one out, though. The line seems about right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back