• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Perez knee injury

They were glazing him a little bit but rightfully so. For his age he is super impressive and in my opinion he was in control of the entire fight and that vs the no. 5 ranked guy in the division who has more than twice the experience

They literally tried to say the eyepokes were punches that hurt him.

I remember another Japanese fighter used that trick on Mighty Mouse, but MM's insane strength and balance helped him sink down safely while he fought the hands.
Yep that shit was gorgeous. He fuckin jacked his leg all the way up in the air and DJ still was able to resist and save himself. Unbelievable

Like seriously. A round he could have lost, was getting tagged, fouled twice with eye gouge and won the fight via injury that wasn’t intended. The finish wasn’t even clean. I also thought that statement was bizarre as hell. He won the fight but if anything it was messy and flukey.
i didnt hear what he said post fight... what was it..

But seriously they even tried to act like the eye pokes were punches that hurt Perez. Why were they told to blindly dickride this guy so hard?
Looks like the UFC loves to push fighters from markets they want to make benefit from, or demographics, like pushing Mexican fighters, this guy is the last hope for a Japanese champ, thing is...he is WEIRD AF, thats one of the top cringiest post fight interviews, from the first scream to his weird dance at the end.

i didnt hear what he said post fight... what was it..
Bisping told Taira during the interview that was the cleanest performance he has ever witnessed lol. Obviously it wasn’t even remotely close between the competitive nature of the first, the multiple fouls and a fight ending in injury. Just a weird thing to claim he witnessed. We’ve seen many many fighters execute game plans with far more precision and absolutely dominate someone shutting them down completely. This was pretty ordinary fight with a flukey ending. Bisping acting like it’s the first time he seen someone with a reach advantage win a few exchanges.

They were glazing him a little bit but rightfully so. For his age he is super impressive and in my opinion he was in control of the entire fight and that vs the no. 5 ranked guy in the division who has more than twice the experience
1718562621357.jpeg
The official “in control the entire fight” card

IMG_4871.jpeg
And the official “in control the entire fight” stats

I remember another Japanese fighter used that trick on Mighty Mouse, but MM's insane strength and balance helped him sink down safely while he fought the hands.
Yep that shit was gorgeous. He fuckin jacked his leg all the way up in the air and DJ still was able to resist and save himself. Unbelievable
Here is Tatsumitsu Wada demonstrating the same takedown against Demetrious Johnson, but DJ is next level.

I hope Perez has a good post surgery recovery. I hate seeing mma fighters blowout their knee. It just ruins careers.

He’s Japanese. Who has directed hate at him? They just said he was being a certain way post fight with his screaming stuff and that the commentary was being ultra biased. Quite someone being hateful please. He’s getting the same criticisms any fighter would if they were getting that level of promotional bias or were being cringy or boisterous post fight.
I didn't hate him at all before the fight. I was curious to see him show me something and...he certainly did. Now I'm no longer interested in seeing him again.

Seems like more negativity was directed at commentary than the “Chinese fighter”……..

Basically shit commentary lead to people saying stuff (dickriding, downplaying fouls, acting like the submission was intended and pointing out the wrong leg, calling it a flawless performance etc).

The criticism there stems from the idiocy in the booth (so if you spin it into hate it should be hate towards them). Some others questioned his post fight (I didn’t) just noticed the weird screaming because it was loud, obnoxious and came across cringy. I watch a fuckload of RIZIN and whenever colored haired boy band looking dudes screech post fight it doesn’t do much and just gives me a chuckle. If it wasn’t for the commentary my only mention would be the fight ending semi fluke (I feel this way about most injuries if it’s not in an absolute position to end the fight like a limb snapping submission).

He was in control the whole fight. The eye pokes were really punches. Cleanest fight I've ever seen. Finished with a unique and exciting new finisher. Perez should have tapped.

It was an interesting takedown, but i kind of agree tho, the injury is just a fluke, imho.
Maybe but it was going to lead to a very strong position with time to work regardless. Highly effective technique finish or not.

Bisping told Taira during the interview that was the cleanest performance he has ever witnessed lol. Obviously it wasn’t even remotely close between the competitive nature of the first, the multiple fouls and a fight ending in injury. Just a weird thing to claim he witnessed. We’ve seen many many fighters execute game plans with far more precision and absolutely dominate someone shutting them down completely. This was pretty ordinary fight with a flukey ending. Bisping acting like it’s the first time he seen someone with a reach advantage win a few exchanges.
he is the worst.. is that really what he said... what fight was he watching.. perez landed nicley a few times in the first.. cleanest performance.. there have been hundreds better then what we saw sat night..

Back