UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
udqLDwg.jpg

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-230-cormier-vs-lewis-1562
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/53519-ufc-230

Very strong early leans: Cormier, Jacare, Vannata, Burgos, Eubanks

Medium leans: Weidman, Adesanya, Arce

Took Montel +225, +175, and +145. Lots of lines I'm interested in once limits raise

Took Montel +225, +175, and +145. Lots of lines I'm interested in once limits raise
Montel is very talented imo but showed some holes in this last fight. He reminds me Jones when he was early in his career. Gonna be weird fight. I have no clear read on this fight. Kelleher is good too

Montel is very talented imo but showed some holes in this last fight. He reminds me Jones when he was early in his career. Gonna be weird fight. I have no clear read on this fight. Kelleher is good too

BW has never seen anything like him framewise. Bigger hands than Ngannou, longer reach than the average MW. I love his composure in there, but that lends itself to low volume and lack of urgency, his only 2 flaws imo.

Very strong early leans: Cormier, Jacare, Vannata, Burgos, Eubanks

Medium leans: Weidman, Adesanya, Arce
Idk about jacare and burgos tbh, especially as favorites. Holobaugh isn't half bad and his striking is solid. Burgos' got ko power but no head movement he's a jab magnet. Holobaugh is just as big as burgos for the division so there's that too. Jacare should take it to the ground and dominate, otherwise he can definitely get ko'd. I think branch is a better striker (not by much tho).

Cormier, vanata, adesanya and eubanks should win. If black beast pulls it off it would be hilarious tho (1st rd ko is definitely possible). Will be rooting for the chris but i'm not too confident

Idk about jacare and burgos tbh, especially as favorites. Holobaugh isn't half bad and his striking is solid. Burgos' got ko power but no head movement he's a jab magnet. Jacare should take it to the ground and dominate, otherwise he can definitely get ko'd. I think branch is a better striker (not by much tho).

Cormier, vanata, adesanya and eubanks should win. If black beast pulls it off it would be hilarious tho (1st rd ko is definitely possible). Will be rooting for the chris but i'm not too confident
Branch got lucky against chinny Santos. I know you might think otherwise but it is how it is.

Did you see Kurt's last fight? He got outstruck by BJJ guy. Pre tape I picked Holo because he really looked good on tape but in this fight he looked bad. Burgos is legit bad boy with good chin.

Branch got lucky against chinny Santos. I know you might think otherwise but it is how it is.

Did you see Kurt's last fight? He got outstruck by BJJ guy. Pre tape I picked Holo because he really looked good on tape but in this fight he looked bad. Burgos is legit bad boy with good chin.
That Bjj guy surprised the hell out of me. He had legit striking, a really nice uppercut iirc. Looked like a lesser version of aldo. He is undersized for fw and ate a lot of punches tho. No shame in losing to that guy, it was a back and forth fight too. Burgos looked bad against kattar, who is a better boxer than kurt but doesn't have as much power. Shane has 0 defense and is really dependant on his sheer size and power. Holobaugh is a big guy too, with legit ko power as well. It could go either way tbh. This will definitely end via ko/tko

You may be right about branch. Santos is in fact chinny. It's more about me thinking jacare is about to decline, especially after the war he had with kelvin. He ate a lot of bombs. If he decides to strike with david, it's 50/50. He definitely submits him if he takes it to the ground.

Last edited:
BW has never seen anything like him framewise. Bigger hands than Ngannou, longer reach than the average MW. I love his composure in there, but that lends itself to low volume and lack of urgency, his only 2 flaws imo.

He’s also braindead retarded with major holes in his technique.

He has all the talent in the world but he will never put it together like he should

He’s also braindead retarded with major holes in his technique.

He has all the talent in the world but he will never put it together like he should

He turned pro less than a year and a half ago and has only had one fight in the big show. It’s definitely a bit premature to say that he’ll never put it all together.

Is there a reason Rockhold is such a modest favorite? I don't see what Weidman changes in the rematch to make it substantially different than what happened in their first fight.

Rockhold has flaws that can be exploited, but Weidman is not the fighter to do it.

Is there a reason Rockhold is such a modest favorite? I don't see what Weidman changes in the rematch to make it substantially different than what happened in their first fight.

Rockhold has flaws that can be exploited, but Weidman is not the fighter to do it.

personally i think momentum was shifting in weidman's favor before he threw that wheel kick and got taken down. luke looks like hell on the scales every fight and should be at lhw.

@Wiktoruspro Interested to hear your early leans here since you are very talented bettor.
Hey man, thanks for the nice words I really appreciate it
I like so far
Weidman (good odds and high chance he will win)
Lyman Good
Ruslan Magomedov
Karl Roberson
Israel

Oh and dont bet Cormier... Lewis might get lucky again.

yup, after seeing UFC 229, I am definitely sure lewis was so lucky. Lewis was wayyy out matched. I wanted to bet on Cormier but Lewis is a lucky man. Never underestimate luck.

I'm considering betting on either Lewis or Brunson. Does anyone have an opinion on which is the better underdog for me to put some money on? How much of a puncher's chance do you think Lewis has? Is Adesanya definitely the real deal? Can Brunson either catch a brawling KO, or maybe implements a wrestling strategy for the decision win? I feel like there's some value in taking a chance with 1 of those dogs, but someone help me decide which 1...

I'm considering betting on either Lewis or Brunson. Does anyone have an opinion on which is the better underdog for me to put some money on? How much of a puncher's chance do you think Lewis has? Is Adesanya definitely the real deal? Can Brunson either catch a brawling KO, or maybe implements a wrestling strategy for the decision win? I feel like there's some value in taking a chance with 1 of those dogs, but someone help me decide which 1...
I think weidman and holobaugh are better dogs. i'd rather bet on bb by tko than brunson

Back