UFC 229: Only a month away and not one iota of promotion. Bizarre.

very true, plus there's two fight nights before then. They can advertise after 228, because if they show anything before, it might take away from buys for 228. Conor/Khabib is a huge fight. I think some would skip 228 knowing a better one is coming up. Woodley/Till isn't selling much as it is. the card is horrible.
Lol, ain't nobody buying 228 anyway. Also, where the hell is the promo for that event?

Why do you need promo? You know when the fight is.

I know the excuses...

"The fight doesn't need promo it sells itself"

"The dolly footage is enough"

"The fight doesn't need a world tour, it sells itself"

I'm not sure guys, I think these excuses stink. These fights come around once every lifetime. I understand Conor vs a milkman would sell PPV, but Conor vs an undefeated, beast of grappler will sell even more. All of the Conor haters will truly tune in knowing that he's a heavy underdog, the Conor lovers will tune in hoping for him to yet again play David in the story of Goliath.

Of course this fight will sell, it will sell with no promotion, but the idea that they shouldn't pour Mayweather/Pacquiao levels of buildup into this card is just stupid. Shove it down mainstream media's throat, get every possible casual you can. I haven't seen one interview with Khabib since his last fight, I haven't seen one clip of Conor since being in a courtroom.

STEP IT THE FUCK UP.

it not dumb it smart. why should the ufc spend the money to promote it when the fight already sold it self.

if conor wont do anything for it than why would khabib do anything as well.

it not dumb it smart. why should the ufc spend the money to promote it when the fight already sold it self.

if conor wont do anything for it than why would khabib do anything as well.
To try and maximise earnings? To try and strike whilst the iron is hot? Might be Conor's last fight.

Lol, ain't nobody buying 228 anyway. Also, where the hell is the promo for that event?
haven't seen anything for that either.
I think the week or two til 229 we will something.
Maybe something on the fight night before.
This doesn't need much promos.

I'm really worried about my stock in the UFC dropping after this...I think we all are =/

They're really struggling to promote cards. I don't understand... most events come and go without me seeing a single ad or promo on any platform. I remember being bombarded by ads for Zuffa shows... this isn't rocket science. I am genuinely confused... then again WME-IMG is essentially a joint venture between Ari "Rahm's Less Intelligent Brother" Emanuel and Chinese Communist Party darling Wang Jianlin so maybe the marketing incompetence is to be expected.

Becaude 228 hasn't even happened yet. Once it's in the books, the hype will start exploding for 229.

When the Floyd vs. Conor fight was I saw everyone talking about it, lots of videos on Youtube, etc.

I haven't heard anything about this fight and wouldn't know it was happening if I didn't visit Sherdog and /r/mma.

No casuals will watch this without promotion. Nobody is aware it is even happening.

you could square off mike tyson vs chuck norris....

and it wouldn't be a bigger fight than Conor and khabib. This is the biggest fight in MMA history on planet earth ever.

UFC promotion: *crickets*

TS is correct.

You are trying to reach the super casuals too, yah goofnuts

Last edited:
Someone's pulling out and Ferg is stepping in. 100%

The promoting will happen. I'm almost sure Khabib is going to be on Ellen Degeneres show. Lol I hope she does her "scare the guest while he's talking" gag on Khabib.

they don't promote UFC 228, they won't promote UFC 229;

The promoting will happen. I'm almost sure Khabib is going to be on Ellen Degeneres show. Lol I hope she does her "scare the guest while he's talking" gag on Khabib.

Sure they will send Khabib to Ellen :)

Imo seriously I think UFC has some financial problems if they behave like that, zero promotion.

I agree. I much as I'm for this one, I was actually more excited during the UFC 223 Ferguson vs Khabib build up. A presser is all I need.

UFC 228 has to happen first. Wouldn't make sense to ramp up the promos before that.

Exactly. And we're going to see tons of McGregor vs Khabib commercials aired during all of UFC 228.

Conor will probably eventually do some interviews and a press conference during fight week, and that will be enough to hype the fight to sell ~1.5M PPV buys. Conor probably doesn't feel it's worth sacrificing all that time to sell an extra 500k buys, when he needs to focus on training.

Back