UFC 229: Only a month away and not one iota of promotion. Bizarre.

The writing is on the wall: Conor was talking after the Floyd fight how he wanted a stake in UFC now since hes the big draw, he probably tried to negotiate into being co-promoter on 229 and the UFC iced him out, so now he isnt lifting a finger to promote it.

Dana didn't look very happy when he announced this fight. Something is going on ..

I've had few co-workers question me regarding the Conor vs Khabib match. Two are without a doubt are "casuals" and the other practices, but isn't into the whole MMA buffet.
a lot of people i hang out with only know mcgregor when it comes to mma. And when I mentioned the fight they all responded with basically “oh he’s fighting” and when. No clue what the f the ufc is doing. You don’t need the presser etc yet. Just get the bald goof out there talking about . Call up your new partners (espn) and have him spend the day in Bristol talking about the fight on all their shows. It’s so simple.

If Conor backs out of this all of his fans should be banned.

that basically implies whatever stunt they pull off fight week is fabricated.

UFC 228 has to happen first. Wouldn't make sense to ramp up the promos before that.

Is that why there are reports the UFC isn’t happy with Conor’s lack of promotion?

I know the excuses...

"The fight doesn't need promo it sells itself"

"The dolly footage is enough"

"The fight doesn't need a world tour, it sells itself"

I'm not sure guys, I think these excuses stink. These fights come around once every lifetime. I understand Conor vs a milkman would sell PPV, but Conor vs an undefeated, beast of grappler will sell even more. All of the Conor haters will truly tune in knowing that he's a heavy underdog, the Conor lovers will tune in hoping for him to yet again play David in the story of Goliath.

Of course this fight will sell, it will sell with no promotion, but the idea that they shouldn't pour Mayweather/Pacquiao levels of buildup into this card is just stupid. Shove it down mainstream media's throat, get every possible casual you can. I haven't seen one interview with Khabib since his last fight, I haven't seen one clip of Conor since being in a courtroom.

STEP IT THE FUCK UP.

Dude, Khabib grew up with Al Qaeda. Conor could end up dead in real life. Sharia Law is likely in effect from the bus attack, so one wrong move from the leprechaun starts Jihad.

You Conor fans think this is a game.

I know the excuses...

I'm not sure guys, I think these excuses stink. These fights come around once every lifetime. I understand Conor vs a milkman would sell PPV, but Conor vs an undefeated, beast of grappler will sell even more. All of the Conor haters will truly tune in knowing that he's a heavy underdog, the Conor lovers will tune in hoping for him to yet again play David in the story of Goliath.

Of course this fight will sell, it will sell with no promotion, but the idea that they shouldn't pour Mayweather/Pacquiao levels of buildup into this card is just stupid. Shove it down mainstream media's throat, get every possible casual you can. I haven't seen one interview with Khabib since his last fight, I haven't seen one clip of Conor since being in a courtroom.

STEP IT THE FUCK UP.
You sir are an idiot. Obvious Conor fan/Newb. Why would the promote a card that is AFTER a PAY PER VIEW they have coming up? Expect a huge push during and after the woodley/ Till card. Stupid newb

Chuck vs Tito is months away and It already had more promo than this

Completely agree.

I know the excuses...

STEP IT THE FUCK UP.

Till is now the face of British MMA so they're trying to push him.

Promo for 229 starts the second that main event finishes.

The terms of Conor’s contract for this fight stipulated that Dana be fired from the UFC and be replaced with Artem Lobov.

Dana didn't look very happy when he announced this fight. Something is going on ..

Not traditional promotion, but they are astroturfing plenty.

very true, plus there's two fight nights before then. They can advertise after 228, because if they show anything before, it might take away from buys for 228. Conor/Khabib is a huge fight. I think some would skip 228 knowing a better one is coming up. Woodley/Till isn't selling much as it is. the card is horrible.

It might do the opposite too though. People who are only interested in ordering the ppv to say they did might just see UFC and order 228 by mistake. Wouldn't surprise me really

Back