UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo - II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm literally making one bet this whole card and that's $100 on Weidman but only if I can get him at +100 or better

I wouldn't even parlay him bro. Strickland is an up and comer and is no joke.

I completely disagree, Usman is one of the safer bets on this card, the guys an animal and I've never been overly impressed with Strikland.

I think Edwards is a better version of Strickland and look what happened there. Plus Usman HAS to be improving fight to fight, hes one of the best athletes in the UFC bar none. And also, Strickland stand up straight stance is going to make it easier for Usman to get deep on the hips.

In other words, I agree with crewman and would be shocked if Usman lost this fight.

strickland is a bit gunshy on the feet sometimes. i don't see that changing w/the threat of usman's takedown...

Usman is parlay city, he should be fighting guys higher up on the rankings, this fight is like a 'keep busy' type of fight for Usman. Usman+Jury sounds like a good parlay.

Last edited:
Lausa can def win 2 of 3 rounds with his boxing. The thing is Bib tends to stay standing quite a bit. Bib doesn't just go hard for wrestling and TDs all the time. Also at this lighter weight class an ahletic guy like Lausa can pop up quickly. When Bib fought Frelow in WSOF Frelow popped up after many of the TDs without a problem.

I honestly won't be surprised to see Lausa edge this.

Lausa has no get ups. I hear ya regarding hes happy to stand but if he is under threat standing he can and im sure will ground lausa whenever he wants. Lausas standup looked great against a 2-4 guy his fight previous he had some moments of peril standing. He gets wild when he starts brawling too.

Weidman +3.5 -195. Weidman has taken at least one round from both of his recent losses. I wanna add this to my round robin, but I'm torn between this or the over. I really like them both, just trying to find the right angle to play them
If you like both but can't decide, split your action on both of them since they basically pay the same. Like say you planned on doing one unit on the over. Maybe just do a half unit on both instead

HeDucking said before that he has been in here for a while. Gets banned and then Crewman makes a long awaited return... both trollish... hmmm ;)

HeDucking said before that he has been in here for a while. Gets banned and then Crewman makes a long awaited return... both trollish... hmmm ;)

I've actually been away from the MMA game, I don't even gamble any more, just needed a long break I was losing too much for my liking, instead of MMA I have been learning and doing boxing.

God dammit, Cummins vs Jan is now a pick'em. I wanted Cummins at +120, it never got there, looks like I have to sit this one out. While I think Cummins can get it done I don't trust him enough at current odds. I could see him looking really good early and then getting caught later, Jan may not be a big puncher but neither is Lil Nog really.

Cummins is just so hittable, he doesn't have a good chin and he doesn't react well to damage. Both guys have massive weaknesses in their games, Jan can't stop TD's and he can't get up, has he finally fixed that after being a pro for a decade? I doubt it, he is what he is. While I ultimately lean Cummins I can't play him, the line is on point, I don't see how anyone could feel confident on either side.

I think Edwards is a better version of Strickland and look what happened there. Plus Usman HAS to be improving fight to fight, hes one of the best athletes in the UFC bar none. And also, Strickland stand up straight stance is going to make it easier for Usman to get deep on the hips.

In other words, I agree with crewman and would be shocked if Usman lost this fight.
Don't count Strickland out, the guy catches dubs, a lot of dubs. Usman has to take that first UFC L, everyone does.
What would be more edgy than a recommenced #elite play on Strickland?

Here's Strickland fighting 3 guys at once, holds his own.

Usmans not going to take his first ufc loss against a mid tier guy like Strikland. Usman is parlay material. He has a very high chance of winning this fight and the odds reflect that.

Usmans not going to take his first ufc loss against a mid tier guy like Strikland. Usman is parlay material. He has a very high chance of winning this fight and the odds reflect that.

Strickland is not a mid tier guy, he's clearly above that

How many unranked welterweights have a better UFC record than 6-1?

1? 2?

Strickland is not a mid tier guy, he's clearly above that

Agreed. Plus, Edwards and Alves each took the first round from Usman, so it's not all that much of a stretch to think Strickland could do the same plus another one. I don't see any value at all in Usman's line. Pretty clear dog or pass to me.

Agreed. Plus, Edwards and Alves each took the first round from Usman, so it's not all that much of a stretch to think Strickland could do the same plus another one. I don't see any value at all in Usman's line. Pretty clear dog or pass to me.

This is a classic match-up where "Elite" bettors remember one fighters latest performances, and not the others.

Strickland is going under the radar BIG TIME

Usmans not going to take his first loss against a mid tier guy like Strikland. Usman is parlay material. He has a very high chance of winning this fight and the odds reflect that.
You may not know me but I am MMA Gambling Expert, I am known for my winning edgy #elite plays as Joesph Budden will tell you, I'm also a HOF.

I don't agree with the line at all and the line reflects the public opinion which I don't agree with a lot of the time. Usman opened at -200 which is a far more reasonable price. He doesn't deserve to be -300 over a guy like Strickland. I wouldn't' be parlaying Usman up personally, Strickland isn't an easy out, 18-1 for a reason. People are underestimating Strickland for sure.

Edwards is an awesome fighter, Alves went guns blazing in that first round which is why he gassed himself out and lost the last round 10 - 8.

You may not know me but I am MMA Gambling Expert, I am known for my winning edgy #elite plays as Joesph Budden will tell you, I'm also a HOF.

I don't agree with the line at all and the line reflects the public opinion which I don't agree with a lot of the time. Usman opened at -200 which is a far more reasonable price. He doesn't deserve to be -300 over a guy like Strickland. I wouldn't' be parlaying Usman up personally, Strickland isn't an easy out, 18-1 for a reason. People are underestimating Strickland for sure.

I haven't been following these threads for a while now so I dont know who you are but I disagree with your opinion. I think Usman is a great fighter, I think Strikland is overrated. The only issue is, Usman can keep fights close and the judges can mess it up for him but Usman really should win this fight otherwise. People are betting on Usman for a reason son!
I suggest you change your opinion before a prime Tyson lands a left hook to your body followed by a nice left uppercut.

Last edited:
Strickland spams low kicks and his jab, which is great and has some power. He doesnt throw fight ending strikes often, even when his jab connects. Hes content with a decision, protecting his record so it seems. His record is deceptive as he has finished bad fighters in ways they always lose. Usman can strike with him, hes smart, doesnt force the td, walks you to the cage before he attempts takedowns or throws significant strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back