UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo - II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we got back to talking MMA after all that lame Hall of Fame betting talk, you guys love to stroke your own ego.

Weidman DEC is my favorite bet on this card. I bet against Weidan in his last 2 fights when he was the favorite but I am confident he takes this one. Styles makes fights and I think Weidman's style will be too much for Moose, who I love btw. Also that fight to go the distance, I am going to throw .5U on both of those lines.

Burgos I like after tape review.

Cote/Alves to go DEC is something I like too.

I am thinking to pull the trigger on Strickland DEC.

I'm confident in Brooks as well but with his line I will only put him in some parlays.

Brooks ML/Cote-Alves DEC/Burgos ML/ Moose/Weidman Goes the distance/ Bibulatov ML parlay for me - $200 to get back $1,042.00

Brooks ML/Cote-Alves DEC/Burgos ML/ Moose/Weidman By DEC/ Bibulatov ML - $200 to win $1,864.12

betting is all about the $

Fantasy pickems and stuff for the other stuff

Cant say I agree. Nothing quite like making that river check raise with 2nd pair when you know someone has TPWK or somwthing like QQ on a K88T2, calling with J high for all the money or accurately predicting Manuwa-Anderson to the strike/second. That gives me a feeling separate from the monetary win.

Since I have talked of my exploits on he felt, I will offer meager reference. I don't like to discussing how much money I make, my own family doesnt even know.

Attachments

• Untitled1234.png
    Untitled1234.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 34
I don't agree with that at all. Brooks lost the first round, but the spread looks much bigger since it was a 5 round fight. I also don't think Held is similar to Oliveira. This came up several times prior to the Lauzon fight where people kept saying Held was a major submission attacker. He's been to decision in five of his last six, with the one finish being late. He's been looking for takedowns, sweeps, and top position. He's not a kill or be killed type fighter. Oliveira has 17 UFC fights and only two decisions (winning one in 2014 and losing one in 2013). He's kill or be killed, which is not something you can say about Held.

Not sure what there is to disagree about. I didnt say Held was similar, I'm simply pointing to that fight because Brooks escaped and prevented a lot of sub attempts and looked fairly comfortable doing it. Oliveira isnt going to win by triangle, kneebar or kimura. The guillotine is really his only relaible way to get the sub and it's hard to KO a man who can take you down at any sign of danger. He's never winning a DEC either

Not sure what there is to disagree about. I didnt say Held was similar, I'm simply pointing to that fight because Brooks escaped and prevented a lot of sub attempts and looked fairly comfortable doing it. Oliveira isnt going to win by triangle, kneebar or kimura. The guillotine is really his only relaible way to get the sub and it's hard to KO a man who can take you down at any sign of danger. He's never winning a DEC either
Escaped and prevented a lot of sub attempts?

Iirc, Held went hard on a leglock in the first round and then got grappled hard the rest of the fight. Hard to call one full blown attempt at a leg lock 'a lot of sub attempts'

Olive won't dive on a leg and use all his energy. His guard is much more diverse and flexible than Held's. I'd still agree the gulliotine is really his best bet at snatching something, but I don't think Brooks defending one sub that he KNEW was coming from Held really pertains to this fight

Iirc, Held went hard on a leglock in the first round and then got grappled hard the rest of the fight. Hard to call one full blown attempt at a leg lock 'a lot of sub attempts'

Olive won't dive on a leg and use all his energy. His guard is much more diverse and flexible than Held's. I'd still agree the gulliotine is really his best bet at snatching something, but I don't think Brooks defending one sub that he KNEW was coming from Held really pertains to this fight
Held has traditionally had a poor gas tank too.

I don't think Brooks victory over Held should make anyone feel warm and fuzzy about playing Brooks as a steep favorite. They don't fight that similar at all. Held looks to play a strong positional game, and failed at that. It's the reason he's had the bulk of his fights as decisions lately. Oliveira is kill or be killed most fights and FAR more aggressive than Held.

My elite expert parlay for this event:

Emmett + Weidman + Oliveira + Cormier ITD + Usman/Strickland o2.5 + Cummins/Blachowicz o1.5 + Alves/Côté o2.5

#CantSeeThisOneLosing

I liked watching Brooks in Bellator but I dont know why but he just hasn't looked great in the UFC, didn't look good against Pearson people blame the weightcut and UFC Jitters, horrible performance against the Brazilian Cowboy even considering his injury. Oliveiera is one of those fighters who people tend to underrate. Case in point, no way in hell am I playing Brooks at this price range and if you take into account the new rules, I think Oliveira can stay active enough to win this fight.

The best thing Will Brooks has done while coming to the UFC is cook..

Haven't really been following this thread but I like Weidman for this card, Rumble Cormier is too tough to call, no real value either way but Cormier should definitely be a slight favorite. I feel like I have a good read on Weidman bet on him against Silva, bet on Rockhold against him, on Romero fight I passed, he should beat Mousasi here.

Daniel Cormier - I Will Always Beat Rumble

rumble

-winning title is icing on the cake
-people seen only half his life
-wont be easy to win but will
-faith, family, friends kept him going always
-says this fights about the person who makes the least amount of mistakes
-admits made mistakes in first fight but learned from it to be better fighter
-not concerned about the ko or finish but just wants a win

Holy schnikes! Thank God for a new thread! You fuckers made me want me to physically take an ice cream scooper and physically remove my eyeballs from their dual sockets following the last three pages of the UFC 210 pt. I thread. Now I know how annoying I must be to tthe the poor bystanders who are forced to muddle through my tit-for-tat cattiness. To this I apologize lol

^^ it was horrible.

we're back in the swing of things now, though. ufc 210 in two days. should be a good one.

Holy schnikes! Thank God for a new thread! You fuckers made me want me to physically take an ice cream scooper and physically remove my eyeballs from their dual sockets following the last three pages of the UFC 210 pt. I thread. Now I know how annoying I must be to tthe the poor bystanders who are forced to muddle through my tit-for-tat cattiness. To this I apologize lol

What are your most confident picks?

Lausa +425. I'm started to be tempted here. I know Bib is legit and he's probably going to take down Lausa at will, but this is getting a little out of hand for a debuting fighter. Lausa has some excellent boxing and footwork and if he can avoid the takedowns (unlikely) maybe he could make this close? Idk, I'll probably wait but if he hits +500 or so I think I have to take a shot.

You must be on Oliveira. You must hold no biases if you want to see the truth my friend.

Held was in position for an armbar which he used to transition to a kneebar in rd 1. In rd 2 Held attempted an armbar again which he eventually used to transition into a triangle and back to the armbar for a third time. After failing Held gave up and starts to look to get back to his feet using an omaplata, he doesnt so he goes back to attacking the leg. Brooks lands in side control to prevent subs from even beginning and his camp for Held was all about preventing the sub. You say he expected leglocks from Held, well, do you think he doesnt expect the guillotine from Oliveira?

You must be on Oliveira. You must hold no biases if you want to see the truth my friend.

Held was in position for an armbar which he used to transition to a kneebar in rd 1. In rd 2 Held attempted an armbar again which he eventually used to transition into a triangle and back to the armbar for a third time. After failing Held gave up and starts to look to get back to his feet using an omaplata, he doesnt so he goes back to attacking the leg. Brooks lands in side control to prevent subs from even beginning and his camp for Held was all about preventing the sub. You say he expected leglocks from Held, well, do you think he doesnt expect the guillotine from Oliveira?
No bias, just using my memory which is why I will bow out of this conversation cause without rewatch I can't really talk about all these things you're pointing out lol I'll take your word for it

Weidman +3.5 -195. Weidman has taken at least one round from both of his recent losses. I wanna add this to my round robin, but I'm torn between this or the over. I really like them both, just trying to find the right angle to play them

Lausa +425. I'm started to be tempted here. I know Bib is legit and he's probably going to take down Lausa at will, but this is getting a little out of hand for a debuting fighter. Lausa has some excellent boxing and footwork and if he can avoid the takedowns (unlikely) maybe he could make this close? Idk, I'll probably wait but if he hits +500 or so I think I have to take a shot.

Lausa can def win 2 of 3 rounds with his boxing. The thing is Bib tends to stay standing quite a bit. Bib doesn't just go hard for wrestling and TDs all the time. Also at this lighter weight class an ahletic guy like Lausa can pop up quickly. When Bib fought Frelow in WSOF Frelow popped up after many of the TDs without a problem.

I honestly won't be surprised to see Lausa edge this.

Weidman +3.5 -195. Weidman has taken at least one round from both of his recent losses. I wanna add this to my round robin, but I'm torn between this or the over. I really like them both, just trying to find the right angle to play them

Definitely take Weidman, the over is risky imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back