News UFC’s New Strategy to go after Online Pirate Streams

didnt read,but im not paying for something I need to watch at night/early morning. I wakeup and torrent it,skip wmma and all the rest of the crap and move on with my day. you will never get my $ you bald mfer
Torrents are the best. Great quality and no lags. But not if you wanna watch live. I still go with streams and torrent the major cards if I wanna watch again.

Reactions: 2sk
they're butting up against the law of diminishing returns. retail expects 3% theft. to lower that amount wouldn't be cost-effective.
they have to settle for what they get. fighting it just costs money and those few extra people who will conceivably now pay for the ppv when piracy is defeated just ain't worth the aggravation.

How is 3% expected theft related to diminishing returns?
Also, is 3% expected theft related to physical theft in stores?

Lmfao it's actually hilarious that you believe only 3% of ufc viewers are not paying

Just to put into perspective just how expensive it is to legally watch UFC…

1 UFC PPV + 1 month of espn+ costs the same as monthly subscriptions to Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Apple TV+, and Showtime COMBINED!

And they wonder why people pirate their product. You can get access to thousands of shows and movies for the same price as a few hours of entertainment one day a week.

The reason you can get it for free is because some people are paying for it. It wouldn't exist if people didnt
I think some of these people make out in the end. If people donate to the hosting server it wouldnt take much for them to get their money back plus a lot more

The reason you can get it for free is because some people are paying for it. It wouldn't exist if people didnt
Only if those streaming are in America, as far as I know, PPV is only a Canadian/USA thing. EU & other countries don't have them, though, I could be wrong on that, I'm only going off by what I've seen other non-Americans have said.

Bad model, the fault of the ufc.
Put it on free tv like mainstream sports and you will become mainstream. Get paid from advertising, ticket sales, tv contacts, etc.

How is 3% expected theft related to diminishing returns?
Also, is 3% expected theft related to physical theft in stores?

Lmfao it's actually hilarious that you believe only 3% of ufc viewers are not paying

it's an analogy. for retail to bring that 3% down to 2 or 1% or even 0 would be prohibitively more expensive. Same with ppv piracy. They're going to spend more and more to fight it and get smaller returns. I don't know what % piracy is. Probably 80% or something ridicuous.

Yeah right, that's why I can get month of entertainment for 10 dollars aka Netflix. Or I should buy each movie I watch on blue ray/dvd like dinosaur from 20 ago.

The snow on Dana’s driveway isn’t going to pay for itself

So there going after people watching( which isnt possible) or there going after guys who are selling it online to watch live ( who the fuck is paying these people)...

Im confused what there going after...but the real answer is what other posters have said...a subscription based platform with all there content and PPVs included or do like what disney + does which is monthly access to there library and special releases for premium access at like $23 extra...thats fair or farier then the current system of PPV pricing

Last edited:
IMO:

The vast majority of people who pirate wouldn't have paid anyway.

Pirating makes the UFC and its fighters more famous than otherwise, because more people are watching. This is turns pumps up ratings for fight nights.

There was a quote from the guy who wrote Rich Dad, Poor Dad (a widely famous financial book) where he was asked if was made about people pirating the book, and he said no because it made him more famous.

Not saying it's good, I get that it's wrong, but it's not that simple.

What the fuck are you talking about?!

Why would they put ANYTHING behind paywall?!

You know how much they cash from TV deals and sponsorship? Nearly a billion annually.

ALL FUCKING fights should be FREE, period.

Everything is behind a paywall, my friend. Nothing is free. I’m referring to a streaming based subscription service, which is where the industry is going especially with UFC’s target audience. Cable and satellite are dying. UFC still would get money from companies for exclusive streaming rights as well as advertising money.

Last edited:
I've seen most of my UFC cards at bars.....easy way to go.

All I’m reading is a bunch of boomers not understanding how the internet works and trying to fight a battle they will never be able to win.

5HO.gif

ppl who pay for shit that's free on the internet are weird

If it's someone I care about like an up and coming musician or small streamer or something I pay. I tip. Is normal.

Back