• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk (Rematch) - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Probably but Usyk isn't as fast as he used to be, either. He looked much faster against Joshua in their first fight (hands, feet & reflexes).

They are both probably in the tight light of their prime at this point. They are the two best of this generation.

Joshua is third wilder 4th

Believe Fury can win if comes in Wilder fight 2 shape and with better conditioning. Needs to keep his Dad out of the corner. He definitely hurt Usyk in the first fight arguably more than Usyk has been in previous fights. (Not counting DDD as that was deemed low blow.)

Since this is Furys first time trying to avenge a loss he could come in even more motivated than Usyk this time.

Still wouldn't blame Usyk for retiring having climbed the top of the mountain.

Fury clearly did take it seriously. He was in the best shape he's been in years.

There is a bit to unpack in this sentence and imo it tells the really important part of the story.

"He was in the best shape he's been in years."

I agree. (And I think we are largely on the same page here)

But, to be in "the best shape he's been in years." ... is partially hinged on Fury having been out of shape at times.

Fury was fat and out of shape vs Ngannou and he notoriously blew up to 400 pounds after the first time he won the belt.

Usyk has never gotten fat or badly out of shape that I am aware of.

There is an ENORMOUS difference between the conditioning you attain when

A) you are already in very good shape and then you add a few months of rigorous training on top of it.

vs

B) the shape you get in when you go from fat and out of shape to visibly looking reasonably fit (and let's be real Fury has never even gotten to the point of looking lean and jacked/cut).

The biggest difference I personally noticed was recovery time. When i have done A, besides having much more endurance before getting tired, you also recover almost immediately and you can push on even in a "anaerobic" state.

Aka, you are gassed and you can still go.

For boxing/combat sports this also heavily influences recovery from being rocked.

_____

Additionally, and worthy of note:

Usyk, being already/always maintaining a high baseline fitness level, is devoting the vast majority of his camp to technique, timing, fine tuning.

Fury on the other hand has to devote a significant portion of his time and effort to fitness. There is only so much "bandwidth"

Wait, so Fury didn't take Usyk seriously now?

Not seriously enough. See above.

Sounds like he needs to DM David Goggins for that conditioning

I don't think that would be enough.

He needs Dr Emmett Brown and his DeLorean.

Usyk is the better boxer, better athlete.

The only thing that makes it even debatable for Tyson to have a chance to win is his enormous size advantage, which I don't think he really uses all that well in most of his fights.

_______

TL/DR - I have my doubts as to whether it is even possible for Fury to close the gap in fitness to a sufficient degree to have a great chance to win. With his size you would think he may have a punchers chance regardless but Tyson isn't the biggest puncher and Usyk is very defensively responsible.

Believe Fury can win if comes in Wilder fight 2 shape and with better conditioning. Needs to keep his Dad out of the corner. He definitely hurt Usyk in the first fight arguably more than Usyk has been in previous fights. (Not counting DDD as that was deemed low blow.)
Joshua hurt Usyk more in the rematch then Fury did , go check out rnd 9 . He had Usyks eye balls rolled to the back of his head a few times and he hurt Usyk in the body in the first fight ,if he had combined the two fights together and blended those approaches Usyk may have been in trouble despite ppl painting a picture of a one sided fight .

Joshua actually held his own and made two close fights with him unlike Fury , Joshua hits to hard for Usyk just to go in on him and back him up continuously also boxing abilities because Joshua is a great counter puncher himself, you can get inside on Fury much easier despite his reach he has major holes defensively, pressing him long enough you see it unravel .

The Joshua rematch was decided in those championship rounds even Fury admitted that and why he thought he’d win easy as he felt that was some sort of weakness for Usyk calling Joshua stiff bum who can’t box ,well now we have another fight showing otherwise the difference between Joshua and Fury . Lol

Last edited:
for people going on about Furys conditioning, he has even said himself he was in camp for nearly 6/7 months for this, if he cant get in good enough shape to beat Usyk in that time, the game is up for him

him coming in and being aggressive will lead to him being stopped

Joshua hurt Usyk more in the rematch then Fury did , go check out rnd 9 . He had Usyks eye balls rolled to the back of his head a few times and he hurt Usyk in the body in the first fight ,if he had combined the two fights together and blended those approaches Usyk may have been in trouble despite ppl painting a picture of a one sided fight .

Joshua actually held his own and made two close fights with him unlike Fury , Joshua hits to hard for Usyk just to go in on him and back him up continuously also boxing abilities because Joshua is a great counter puncher himself, you can get inside on Fury much easier despite his reach he has major holes defensively.

The Joshua rematch was decided in those championship rounds even Fury admitted that and why he thought he’d win easy as he felt that was some sort of weakness for . Usyk
Ok I will check it out. I don't remember rnd 9 off top of my head. I remember the body shot which was deemed low like DDDs so I disregard that.

Either way Fury at least demonstrated he can hurt Usyk which gives him some hope for the rematch.

You have to give Fury a shot just based on how close this fight was. There was nothing really that different about Fury, other than he'd probably shown up in better shape before. His chin got checked like always. Usyk seemed a little more vulnerable in this fight to me. We've seen him affected by punches before but he was getting hurt a bit more than usual in this one against a guy who isn't really a big puncher. I think the adjustments necessary for a clearer win are easier for Fury than Usyk in a rematch.

You have to give Fury a shot just based on how close this fight was. There was nothing really that different about Fury, other than he'd probably shown up in better shape before. His chin got checked like always. Usyk seemed a little more vulnerable in this fight to me. We've seen him affected by punches before but he was getting hurt a bit more than usual in this one against a guy who isn't really a big puncher. I think the adjustments necessary for a clearer win are easier for Fury than Usyk in a rematch.
You don't need to be a big puncher when you're twice the size of your opponent and outweigh them by 40 lbs. Usyk didn't get hurt any worse or more often than he did against Joshua. Fury didn't have him in nearly as much trouble as Joshua did late in their rematch but Usyk recovered between rounds and went on to win the rest of the fight.

I'd pick Fury.. he's younger, will benefit more from an extra training camp, and has shown himself to be better in rematches.

Too many people looking over the fact that if Usyk didn't land that one punch in the 9th, he loses. It's not like the AJ fights where Usyk was in control the entire night... Fury was in control over more minutes, Usyk had the bigger moment.

Usually, the winner of the first fight wins the second fight easier. that's an old boxing maxim, but I think usyk does this, Still, I never saw Fury look that good, hands were quick and he moved well. I was absolutely wrong that he'd even be competitive , he made a fight of it. Can't get that Ngannou debacle out of my head. I don't think he can find a way to win, he's kinda good at screwing himself over, Usyk, even if hes not an all time great, is a serious professional and you gotta go with that most of the time. Tyson is and has always been sorta mercurial.

Fury has ate alot of punishment in his last 5 or 6 fights. Usyk likely tko's him in the later rounds in a rematch.

in hindsight Fury should've probably expended more energy when he had Usyk hurt. If he'd landed one or two more flush shots he might've had Usyk in as bad of shape as he himself ended up being later.
In a rematch if Fury could find a way to slip Usyk's left he'd probably win. Otherwise I'd go with Usyk again and probably by a finish.

in hindsight Fury should've probably expended more energy when he had Usyk hurt. If he'd landed one or two more flush shots he might've had Usyk in as bad of shape as he himself ended up being later.
In a rematch if Fury could find a way to slip Usyk's left he'd probably win. Otherwise I'd go with Usyk again and probably by a finish.

Yeah that was in round 6 when he was hurt from a clean uppercut. I rewatched it last night. Actually Fury realized Usyk is rocked and went after him. Missed all following punches. Usyk is weird as he starts to move even more his head left and right and his legs get better in panic mode, probably has to do with his training, athleticism etc but all in all despite of having a solid chin Usyk has great recovery as well. And last but not least Fury isn't really a sharp shooter, never has been, that helps Usyk as well as he isn't dealing with an Ali attack in there.

I think they have a rematch, Fury dominates him. People blame it on Usyk not being motivated/interested, acting in movies etc..

AJ KOs Fury.

All of them retire.

I think they have a rematch, Fury dominates him. People blame it on Usyk not being motivated/interested, acting in movies etc..

AJ KOs Fury.

All of them retire.
Let's hope further.
You are really biased cos fighters passports.
Fury isn't A.J
A.J had proved that he is able to STFU and train hard on daily basis.
Fury is boring clown and had tortured us with year long talks about rematch vs Wlad, 5 years long bullshit how he easily will beat A.J, 2 years long shit that Usyk is weak middleweight and how easily he will beat Usyk.
Don't forget reality that after fight vs Wlad Fury opted to have coke tour instead to train! Also his annoying excuses and nice dad is "beautiful " stuff....

Let's hope further.
You are really biased cos fighters passports.
Fury isn't A.J
A.J had proved that he is able to STFU and train hard on daily basis.
Fury is boring clown and had tortured us with year long talks about rematch vs Wlad, 5 years long bullshit how he easily will beat A.J, 2 years long shit that Usyk is weak middleweight and how easily he will beat Usyk.
Don't forget reality that after fight vs Wlad Fury opted to have coke tour instead to train! Also his annoying excuses and nice dad is "beautiful " stuff....
I cheer for Mexican fighters.
None of those guys are Mexican.

Back