• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Yeah, I see nothing among my friends who like fighting. I truly believe the audience will be way below than what Francis expected

Well yeah, the people "excited" are primarily just happy for Francis to get rich, not because anybody gives an eff about the fight itself.

What's to sell? Hoping Fury didn't train at all and clowns around to make it a fight? Fury/Usyk is the actual fight, this is pretty much just a money grab.

I hope it sells no PPVs and Ngannou gets paid from his contract. People have to send a message we don't like this crap.

Slight hype here, but we'll pay $5 to watch June-bugs phuck.

Last edited:
I'm not in an area with a ton of fight hype to begin with, but most here know "UFC" and that's about it.

Nobody around me even knows it's a thing, sadly. I'm not even dissing Fury and Francis though, that's just what it is here.

Yeah, I see nothing among my friends who like fighting. I truly believe the audience will be way below than what Francis expected
Lol at 'Francis expected' - bruh he got his show money up front and tax free like they do in Saudi. Three people could watch this and one of them could be his momma and he still wouldn't give a shit.

There is a lot of advertising for it here in the UK and pubs have posters up saying they'll be screening it etc. No large hype for the fight bc no one expects Francis to be competitive.

Overall I would put it at Nate v Paul levels of interest - people will probably watch but no one has very high expectations.

None, Mayweather-McGregor is the only fight I heard buzz about from IRL casuals. I'm surprised that the promoters can make any serious money off of this, it unironically has less buzz than Jake Paul vs Ben Askren

I have numerous casual friends that buy most of the influencer boxing matches and even BKFC; but they are skipping this one as it is the most obvious squash match since Floyd vs Conor without any of the buildup or trash talk.

Conor's waaaaay better boxer than Ngannou though lol and Fury's in his peak prime.

How can there be hype for an exhibition? How could it be hyped if it was a real fight when Fury would make Ngannou look like a complete amateur?

It's a 10 round pro bout, it an exhibition.

It's still farcical and Francis is showing up to be a 260lb heavy bag and collect a pay cheque.

I talked to my step brother other week who is semi casual fight fan, he use to watch a lot more.
But i was like “you going to watch the Fury Frank fight?”
And he was like “oh shit, that fight is actually happening!? Lol

I don't think many even give Ngannou a punchers chance (he's also not particularly popular despite the circle jerk about him on reddit). Also Fury has pissed the boxing crowd off with his reluctance to make the fights that should happen actually get made.

True!
Wasn't that also Mayweather's schtick for quite a few years, too?
He sold well. Didn't he?

Didn’t Fury already book his next title fight?

Isn’t this almost certainly going to be an absolute circus?

Saying that, I’m very happy for Francis and the payout he’s about to receive. Great for him!

My exact take^
More happy/excited/whatever about him signing the fight than for the actual fight itself.

I don’t know a single person who has watched a boxing match since the 1980s. So no, no hype.

But there won’t be any hype for Fury/Usyk either. It’s boxing. Only people who care are old men unless it’s 15 year olds pirating YouTubers boxing matches.

Most UFC events 3-4 couples get together to eat/watch/etc...
These sorts of fight cards are the ones that usually get 20+ people in the room (for us.)

Conor's waaaaay better boxer than Ngannou though lol and Fury's in his peak prime.

since it's hw there's more of a chance of upset imo since even a fat trucker without skills can KO anybody even if it's 0.000001% chane

People sleeping on Ngannou big time. He might not win because the task is nearly impossible but I think he will suprise a lot of people.

It's not your average washed off mma fighter collecting his retirement paycheck. He is motivated and dedicated like no one before, he comes to win and has worked his ass off during a long fight camp. He looks the strongest he has ever been physically.

In fact, I think outside Wilder, he will a bigger threat than Fury's recent opponents.

No, relative to their weight class, Conor is not a better boxer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back