• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
since it's hw there's more of a chance of upset imo since even a fat trucker without skills can KO anybody even if it's 0.000001% chane

maybe, hard to argue with 0.0000001 percent chance lol

People sleeping on Ngannou big time. He might not win bexause the task is nearly impossible but I think he will suprise a lot of people.

It's not your average washed off mma fighter collecting his retirement paycheck. He is motivated and dedicated no one before, he comes to win and has worked his ass off during a long fight camp. He looks the strongest he has ever been physically.

In fact, I think outside Wilder, he will a bigger threat than Fury's recent opponents.

No, relative to their weight class, Conor is not a better boxer.

Depends on who u compare them to. Compare them two, yes.

iirc Francis wasn't even doing great PPV numbers as HW champ, so it's a miracle this fight was even agreed upon.
I didn't even know it was this weekend *shrugs*

Did Fury even train for this?
I highly highly doubt it.

lol yeah it's unfortunate, but hey, ngannou is getting paid, good for him.

yeah but as a fight fan honestly, Why do people like this crap SO much? It takes away from both of these people doing what they are actually good at. why does EVERYTHING need to be some bullshit viral sensation for social media?

Had a couple friends text me about the fight recently. I do expect it to sell well despite the high price tag in the US. Spectacles like this pique casual curiosity. Its novelty will work here but not afterwards once Fury puts him away. Fury thinks it'll be inside 6 rounds. I also see a mid-fight stoppage.

Hmm from fight fans I know, most everyone knows it is on. It's seen as more a curiosity though. No one is doing a PPV party or planning a trip to watch at the pub etc in terms of being excited. Some will try stream it at home but no one is really changing plans for it.

From general sports fans. Not much of it. The Wilder/Fury trilogy managed to cross over to the mainstream. This one not so much yet. Might get a news piece or written story in the next day or two, who knows.

I have a friend who watches bellator, pfl, and a bunch of stuff like that so he will probably watch it but realistically theres no chance he buys it, will probably stream it or just watch the finish on X. Casuals are more likely to buy Paul bros, Rough n Rowdy, BKFC, etc., than this. Less than 10% the hype of Maymac.

I know the Saudi’s love wasting money to sports wash but this one makes no sense

A couple of guys at work have mentioned it and asked what I thought (they know I'm into martial arts). They are super casual and they are talking about this more than any MMA match.

Just curious, is there any hype whatsoever for this fight where you live? If you look at Sherdog, there doesn't seem like a whole lot of interest.

Like, there seems to be less hype for this one than Woodley vs Paul, for example. I'm not sure out of many freak shows in boxing in recent years, if there were necessarily ones with less hype than for this one.

I mean, yes, there was a good amount of surprise and interest when it first got announced, but it's like less than a week to the fight and it's just crickets.

If you compare this to Conor/May fight, which I'm thinking Ngannou believe his fight is comparable to, it's not even in same dimension.

But maybe when you go past the cave of Sherdog, which I've been residing for last 20 years, there's massive hype somewhere.

shouldn't be any hype, the mma fans will probably make for the sales, boxing fans should beware but there's not telling really. It'll be interesting but there really isn't really much doubt of the outcome unless fury wants to fuck around some way. .

one thing I know for sure is that this is in now way a tuneup for the big fight and it's not going to help Fury in any way. that's a mistake.

shouldn't be any hype, the mma fans will probably make for the sales, boxing fans should beware but there's not telling really. It'll be interesting but there really isn't really much doubt of the outcome unless fury wants to fuck around some way. .

one thing I know for sure is that this is in now way a tuneup for the big fight and it's not going to help Fury in any way. that's a mistake.
No juice, 80 bucks, fights in the middle of the day, and the bout isn’t competitive. Good luck espn+

I know the Saudi’s love wasting money to sports wash but this one makes no sense

no telling the motive, I know that they paid big bucks to have a couple of my trainers flown over there to give lessons to some royalty there. It's not like anyone can go and wave a magic wand and make someone a fighter with 20 lessons so maybe they have the money to burn that way. I also know that in the 70's, Ali was paid exorbitant amounts just to bring attention to a Zaire, or a Manila, not because the host would generate actual money.

No juice, 80 bucks, fights in the middle of the day, and the bout isn’t competitive. Good luck espn+
I just rewatched the may/mac fight, mayweather clearly held back all the way, he never even really cut loose at the end. Anyone can do that to make a fight a little more interesting but I'd really prefer a blowout just so there's no doubt to who the superior is. Seems boxers rarely try and do that though unless we're talking of the mean guys like Dempsey who actually blinded some wrestler he fought. Ali would goof around so much in exhibitions you'd think he could actually lose against the guy in a real fight. He let Lyle Alzado land enough on him. I know he was shot by then but that still was not a good look for the man.

Back