• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Congratulations Dr Fong, you were right since the beginning and everyone was laughing at you.

I was the first one believing Francis had almost no chance to win.

The issue is that those lesser rules also apply to the trained individual and they actually understand how to use those extra options from a position of dominance.

That's the issue with martial arts or "street fighters" who think they will suddenly win because they can nut shot or eye gouge. They think that they are somehow special because of these options on the assumption that their opponent won't just use their actual training to also eye gouge and nut shot them.

Sure occasionally you catch a lucky knockout in a street fight, but more often than not the person who has trained wins.
intent has a lot to do with it, as we saw with the fury fight today, some people are just not temperamentally suited to certain things. As I read about Wilt Chamberlain once being a gentle giant and falling short of his potential in basketball because of it, "we're all victims of our personalities". I really don't think just anyone has it in them to poke out someone's eyes even though it's so simple. Hell, recently, in my town, we've had a ton of carjackings that were rebuffed because the criminal pointed the gun and was told to no. Well, good for the guy who's car they were trying to get but the point is, not everyone has it in them to be violent. You don't know until it's time to pull the trigger. In the case of the bodybuilder i mentioned, he had rage problems, most likely excacerbated by the roid use and just daily stress.

In the early days of the UFC, I used to be on forums where pro mma fighters would describe some real fight gone awry, I think the guy got his ear ripped off or some shit. Sport and life and death are not the same and they aren't really meant to be. Guys who intentionally maim their opponents have gotten banned out of mma as they should be.

Is it easy? I don't know, it could be if someone puts himself in the wrong position, it just isn't that hard to bite, to gouge or grab an appendage. I used to know a navy seal who showed me some very basic techniques, I told him, "that takes all the art out of it" and he shrugged and said, "that's what they taught us". This guy also claimed he'd kill an mma fighter, maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. Again, the intent might be so different that there's no comparison. And of course, forget about adding knives and guns into it. Someone who's killed someone already is gonna be able to do it with less hesitance the next time more than likely. And most boxers who've killed become more docile afterwards in the ring. Intent is totally different. And no, it's nothing to brag or be proud of. I'm of the belief that what we do marks our souls. You don't get away from that no matter who you are or whatever the motive.

Different fight,different night,different sport.

Its a construct to make Tyson look fallible prior to Usyk , to put more views and tension into that fight .

As Sherbro said " shooting double legs etc "
The fake stumble as he looks to the floor where and how to land lying down and people think its legit ...please

All of these celeb events are pre arranged the money ths stuff brings via gambling when the out comes are known in advance

The outcome this aids Franucs to piston himself going forward as more dangerous and credible, the power play that this gives him now for the ability to pick where he goes and what he dioes next hus stock has gine thru the roof for him
and it brings a big crowd to Usyk with the idea Tyson is now past prime and ripe for the picking like the vultures are circling

The most over looked thing about Tyson Fury is he is ultra smart like no one else in the game
He knew years ago that boxing all seemed flat and lacked razzmatazz
All the stupid dressing up and antics put eyes on him as much as it gave a lot of people the ick
He has ushered in a lot of wrestling style showbiz into boxing and saw that were are in the age of selling fights is more important than the fights itself

Its a circus and he saw all this and made it work for him and played the game

Yesterday this was a farce and was just one of the stupid YT fight clubs today everyone will be talking about it

It's not what you are told its what you see , have we ever seen a celeb audience like this for Any event in your life? It was to pre amp Tysons next and final fight

Come one John Fury you think that lameness ain't all part of the Tyson road show circus it's the art of fugazi
Yeah you keep thinking that.

Boxing is corrupt. Tyson fury just lost to a debuting boxer. Lol boxing is pathetic.

Francis lost though. And Francis was tired and rattled after that first Fury shot that landed. He didn't look impressive. He did the same punches in the same scenarios. He looked very rudimentary and even telegraphing his punches by turning his foot in a shoot off position when he was ready to shoot the right hand.
Mercer KOd Sylvia at 48 years old.
And Sylvia was younger then, than Fury and Francis are now.

Sylvia didn't train for that fight, he came in over 300lbs an absolute slob.

And the fight was over with the first punch thrown basically.

ept_sports_mma_experts-1247094-1245083475.jpg

Watch the fight again, Fury was connecting more in the exchanges. Not sure what that judge was watching. If Francis had swung for the fences he probably would have got the knockout though.
Ngannou won every round. Fury's punches were little baby punches by comparison to Francis'

After watching what he did tonight, with even more training and refinement, i see no reason why he can't beat Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz, Fury again. That was fucking awesome. So glad it happened for Francis too.
I have my doubts.

Fury did not really give a great effort and Francis wasnt so active to make Fury be so inactive. I dont think all the fights gonna be like this

So, let me get this straight. An MMA champion not known for his boxing skills in his own sport was supposed to be given a much better shot despite having 0 competitive boxing experience? He was an unknown quantity in the boxing ring. There was no film to study of him in that environment. What we were able to observe was that he clearly lacked fundamentals, constantly telegraphed his shots, had no jab, no footwork, terrible stamina, and no defense. He must've worked on a lot of that stuff because he fought intelligently and disciplined. Fair play to him.

That said, if you think this forum is going to admit that we somehow DKSAB just because he exceeded expectations then you're tripping. Nobody cares that you were offended by us doubting your boy. He looked like shit in previous fights, including his training footage clips, and we called it how we saw it. Get over it.

A whole bunch of nothing happened in that fight. You could just as well have declared Ngannou the winner, and nobody would've been able to tell the difference.

The fight took so long to start and I work overnight. Woke up during the 9th and Francis looked gassed while Fury looked fresh, but was not engaging. I was shocked to learn that he was knocked down.

One thing I distinctly remember is Bradley being quiet as a mouse. He must have been shocked too

Temple shots can fuck you up a lot. Just like a good body shot ...it shuts down your system. There isnt really anyhting you can do when it comes to that.

What made be suprise is that Fury didnt really see that fucking slow shot ...

Respect to Francis -he looked composed out there while Fury just reinforced the beliefs that fat people are bad.
His boxing actually looked sloppy as hell. No better than Francis' to be honest.

He started training as a boxer and always was one.

Just he run through MMA heavyweight like fire through bushes, cause it's too shallow and finally returns to what he is supposed to be now.
He just beat the number one ranked boxer in his first boxing match. Boxing is hilariously overrated

At what point did Fury even break a sweat? Of course they hit each other. Even WWE guys sweat and hurt each other. I'm not saying the entire thing was a work from start to finish. It was a sparring match that Fury was never going to lose, but they were going to spice up. If Fury wins and isn't knocked down, nobody talks about this fight or cares. Something interesting had to happen. Take that knockdown out and nobody outside of us combat sport dorks gives a shit.

You will never convince me that this wasn't a fix or a friendly agreement. In no way, shape or form does someone who picked up gloves a decade ago beat the heavyweight champion of the world, even in a sparring match. If we had Gordon Ryan grapple Francis, or Gable Stevenson, and Francis suplexed one of them or hit a heel hook on one you'd all be crying foul and fix. But because it's boxing you guys think it may have been possible. That's crazy.

In my opinion anyway, consider this: Dozens of millions of dollars exchanged hands tonight and now it'll happen again because the rematch has an interesting storyline. If Francis knocked him out? Not interesting (for rematch purposes). Only serves Francis and increases his value, decreases Fury's profile and starpower. If Fury knocked him out? Not interesting. Only serves Fury and diminishes Francis. If Francis looked good, though, but lost and maybe even controversially... that serves both of them. Francis profile and starpower gets bigger. The upcoming fight for Fury gets more interesting because now there's more intrigue on whether or not he'll lose his next true boxing match. Has he lost his step?? Now, why not make dozens of millions more on the rematch with Francis? Even if Francis loses in PFL and Fury loses his title in his next bout (let's say that doesn't happen) they still have this rematch for eight figures a piece in their back pocket. Francis losing a controversial split decision while looking good or getting a split draw is the only thing that increases the intrigue in both fighters' next competitions AND their potential rematch. That is the only outcome that serves both men equally. What's better than faking people into paying you once? Getting the money twice.

They actually did better than Floyd/Conor. They made a rematch not only possible, but interesting, buyable and exciting. And they're fooling absolutely everyone.

In comparison to the heavyweight champion and top 15 heavyweight boxer of all time? Uh, yeah. He's closer to that than he is Fury.

I'm not infallible, but read my above analysis of the outcome.

Then, watch Fury's last 2 fights. Hell, put it on 1.5x or 2.x speed if you haven't seen them already.

Then...watch him fight Francis today. Look at Francis breathing out his mouth for 8 rounds while Fury doesn't even break a sweat. Watch him look backwards as he fell down. Watch him fight the 10th round as if he already won the fight. Watch him shoot a double leg on Francis. Watch Francis hook up a guillotine. Watch Francis throw a superman punch. Tell me all of this theater is just good old entertaining heavyweights having a slobberknocker of a fight right before they both go fight championship fights in their respective sports.

If that's the conclusion you coto, all right. But I watched that god damn fight and it looked like a gold glove boxer sparring an up and comer and letting him work.

You're a gullible retard, boxers arent super humans. And heavyweights are still that: heavyweights. Francis came to fight and countered beautifully and he hits hard. If you in any way were aware you'd see the brokenness in Fury's eyes after the fight. He was embarressed.

lol it’s seems like this is this first boxing match most sherbros have watched.
Francis was out boxed and outwitted for nine out of the ten rounds by a champ who treated the match like it was a sparring session.
Francis got a lucky punch and was too dumb to capitalise. Francis landed six punches in the last two rounds. Get his dick out of your mouths. Easy win for fury.

Back