Tyson Fury Not Hesitant to ‘Stand and Trade’ With Francis Ngannou

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-25_16-57-55.png

Tyson Fury doesn’t give much credence to the proverbial “puncher’s chance,” even from one of the hardest punchers in combat sports.

“The Gypsy King” (33-0-1) is all set for a boxing clash against former Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou (0-0 boxing; 17-3 MMA) on Saturday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ngannou currently holds the world record for the hardest punch after recording 129,161 units on a PowerKube to surpass the previous mark, set by kickboxing legend Tyrone Spong. Given the fact that Ngannou has secured 12 of his 17 career wins via knockout, even Fury’s own promoter Bob Arum believes it might not be a good idea to stand and trade with “The Predator.” However, Fury is supremely confident about engaging in a slugfest against absolutely anybody. Referring to Arum’s comments, Fury said during a recent presser (h/t MMA Junkie):

“Behave yourself, I can stand and trade with anybody. I stood and traded with [Deontay] Wilder, I stood and traded with Vladimir [Klitschko], I’ll stand and trade with this little b**ch.”

Fury also noted that he has already notched two wins over Wilder, considered by many to be the heaviest puncher in boxing. According to the heavyweight champ, Ngannou can lay claim to the hardest hitter title only if he emerges victorious in Riyadh. He added, “Well, I haven’t had a go at punching so. He ain’t beat me. I have beat the actual biggest puncher in boxing and knocked him out. So yeah, until he beats me, he can only ever dream about that record. The biggest puncher in combat sports, me.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/T...o-Stand-and-Trade-With-Francis-Ngannou-191501

Pretty sure he said the same thing before the Dillian Whyte fight but of course he ended up boxing intelligently until he could set up the KO properly. Hopefully he isn't planning on making this fight riskier than it has to be either.

Hes just gonna shake around and dance. ...yay

Ahdondbelleveit.

Seeing Francis hopelessly frustrated while Fury taunts and punishes him with jabs all day/night long.

Hope Francis can clinch early & land that one big shot EVERYONE knows is a possible KO.

Last edited:
@SenorFranko

Can we get Fury shooped on Overeem ;)

4b951-16686010746108-1920.jpg

What else was he planning to do? Jiu-Jitsu? Running in circles? Hugging?
You don't have many options in a Boxing match.

I think Fury can beat Ngannou in every way possible. Either in pure boxing or just in brawling & trading.

Last edited:
What else was he planning to do? Jiu-Jitsu? Running in circles? Hugging?
You don't have many options in a Boxing match.
Ofc you do. Headbutting, kicking, biting, elbowing, suplexing, osotogari... He can do whatever he wants and no one's stopping him from doing it. Once, at least.

I think Fury can beat Ngannou in every way possible. Either in pure boxing or just in brawling & trading.
As do I. The thing is that Fury isn't stupid so he won't risk trading with Ngannou (while he's fresh anyway). It's unnecessary when he can just sit back and do a paintjob on him.

I don't think Ngannou can beat Fury, even if Fury stands and trades all fight.

Back