Ngannou Wouldn’t Regret UFC Exit Even Without Fury Fight, PFL Contract

Should Ngannou stayed in the UFC?

• Total voters
He clearly did. He gambled on himself and won big.

I think it's funny that all these people come out of the woodwork to try and discredit or disparage Francis after he had a significantly better showing than most people thought he would. I guess his success outside the UFC struck a nerve with some people.

But now Francis has the world in his palm. He can go fight Fury again for millions. He can slaughter whichever fighter they put in front of him in PFL. He's got so many options and opportunities right now, not to mention the payday from the Fury fight.

What regrets could he possibly have at this point?

Jones is the one that took so long to move up to HW. Ngannou waited long enough for him. Still the fight could still happen in the PFL never say never.
I know It, but from a fan perspective, If Ngannou continued with UFC, Jones would fiigth him instead of gane, but I understand that's not the better to him

Fuck the UFC and fuck Dana White...

Francis made the right move... realize your own brand and potential.

More fighters should try that, instead of rubbing Dana's nuts for a $50k bonus.
''Fuck the UFC and fuck Dana White...''
Keeps watching UFC and talking about it 24/7

Dana's whole mindfuck to fighters is "You're a commodity. You're not in charge. You need us. Play by our rules and you MIGHT get something out of it. The only driver seat you're in is the one that drives me around in the coach, giving directions."

Francis said "Actually, I'll drop you off at the next corner."

UFC: "Without me the only place to drive is over a cliff. You're the brawn. I'm the brains."

Francis: "Then you're a stupid brain. See ya. I'm driving to the palace and I'll see if I can convince them that I'm a brain."

The palace opened the doors and accepted him as a man.

Different styles of doing business. One CRUSHES manhood and doesn't tolerate independence. The other respects it and rewards it accordingly.

So much for the gaslighting mind fuck. Shadow puppets on the wall. The Saudis respect Francis' balls and his indomitable will - his story. The very things Dana sought to undermine. The movie of Francis' life would have been amazing under the UFC. Now, in his freedom, it will be truly legendary.
Palace didn't opened the doors for him, it opened for Fury and Ngannou came along with him. Saudis never cared about Ngannou. ''The Saudis respect Francis' balls and his indomitable will - his story.'' this story came from your schizophrenic mind. Saudis are not some little fanboys, they don't care about stuff like this, they only care about big fights and before the Fury fight Ngannou was no one

It would have been nice to see him fight Jon though.

I think thats something even he would admit.

Palace didn't opened the doors for him, it opened for Fury and Ngannou came along with him. Saudis never cared about Ngannou. ''The Saudis respect Francis' balls and his indomitable will - his story.'' this story came from your schizophrenic mind. Saudis are not some little fanboys, they don't care about stuff like this, they only care about big fights and before the Fury fight Ngannou was no one
This is you speaking from your impoverished heart. The Saudis are human beings. MOST human beings care about human qualities of other human beings, especially ones they do business with.

You may be some anti-social machine who only cares about big fights - fair enough. But for you to just decide that since you don't care about human qualities neither do the Saudis.... well, to a hungry man, two plus two equals four loaves of bread. You're probably just seeing them the same way you see the world.

I saw the Saudis treating Francis and his team with the utmost respect. I saw Marquel hanging with the Saudis, wearing their garb, with his phone turned off for at least 4 days, just embedding himself with them. Francis and Marquel and Prince Turki all seem to think they have a great feeling about each other and respect for each other.

Of course, they all forgot to check with Brigfa2 on Sherdog. And that was their error. Maybe they should get on Sherdog and squeeze their hearts through a press until it's bloodless and then they can learn from the poverty of your wisdom. I won't hold my breath.

You know, when someone's first response to me includes an insult, I understand the kind of shithead I'm dealing with. You're not someone who's opinions I would likely end up giving half a fuck about, buddy. I def don't right now. You sound like someone forgot to love you and took a shit in your corn flakes to boot.

Of course he shouldn't regret it. He made double figure millions without having to play kiss the ass of Dana Whifebeater.

He stood up to the asshole and the rest of the UFC brass and did things his own way and is doing just fine without them.

that's a little over the top there don't you think? i said they fucked him out of the biggest win of his life, i didn't say they should crown him the savior of Islam or whatever you're implying there. respecting him more than the UFC is not saying much.
I disagree that respecting him more than the UFC isn't much. More importantly, Francis disagrees. His manager, Marquel disagrees. They both think the UFC disrespect was worth parting ways over. They both feel the Saudis and them have a bright future together.

You may feel the biggest part of their relationship is the fact that a bigger fight, based on previous negotiations and deals was not jeopardized. And that's a fair perspective. I can understand it. But Francis and Marquel both feel that the biggest part of their relationship with the Saudis is a far more respectful working relationship.

This is probably just one of those glass 80% full vs glass 20% empty things. And we'll each describe it the way we see it. Fair enough, brother. What's most important to me is how Francis, Marquel, and Prince Turki see their relationship. From all indications, they are all super excited to work with each other - quite the opposite of Francis' life in the UFC. I guess you're free to interpret that how you will.

Last edited:
I agree... but still.

More fighters should still try and stand up for themselves, start a union, demand better salaries, fight elsewhere.

They just bend over backwards and feed the UFC coffers while getting crumbs in return.

Francis was a champ and still treated like shit after winning 6 fights in a row. If they treat champs like that, imagine how they treat lower level fighters.

Oh wait, we don't have to imagine, we already know they treat them like shit.

this is my biggest issue. If you can’t take care of Mighty Mouse and Francis Ngannou, then how can you be taken seriously? You need to take care of your champs, at minimum. I think we understand why Dana coddles/coddled Conor and Brock, but….

lastly, healthcare…you need to take care of these guys after the damage is done. It’s a bad look if you don’t. Just begging these guys to unionize without it.

Last edited:
It's easy to say that now. If he didn't land any of the big contracts and was 37 years old headed to retirement with no big payday, I guarantee he would've regretted it lol.

View attachment 1009703

Parting ways with the Ultimate Fighting Championship was a carefully considered decision for former heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou.

Ngannou left the promotion at the beginning of the year after contract negotiations spanning over a year fell through. While the major bone of contention between the two parties was Ngannou wanting to compete in crossover boxing matches, “The Predator” also had other demands. The Cameroonian had touched upon important issues like like health insurance for fighters, a fighter advocate at board meetings and a new sponsorship deal.

At the end, Ngannou was absolutely sure about exiting the UFC when he did. The 37-year-old went on to secure a multi-fight deal with the surging rivals of the UFC, the Professional Fighters League. He later secured a boxing match against Fury, which went down in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, reportedly resulting in a payday of more than $10 million for the former sand mine worker. “The Predator” lost a controversial split decision despite shocking the world with a third-round knockdown against the WBC heavyweight champ.

However, in a recent interview on "The MMA Hour," Ngannou claimed that he wouldn’t regret parting ways with the UFC even if the Fury fight or the PFL deal never came about.

“You have to understand something: Things have played out for me perfectly, maybe even more than anyone expected,” Ngannou said. “But let me tell you this: Let’s say after the UFC, after [leaving the UFC], I didn’t have any of those contracts, whether it was the PFL contract or the Tyson Fury fight contract, I wouldn’t regret it. You know, it wasn’t an overnight decision. It was a decision that I thought about. I thought about it many times.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/N...t-Even-Without-Fury-Fight-PFL-Contract-191565

He as getting flamed till he got it.

It's easy to say that now. If he didn't land any of the big contracts and was 37 years old headed to retirement with no big payday, I guarantee he would've regretted it lol.
This "if" argument goes for EVERY good choice in life. It is only in retrospect we can ask if something is regrettable. You complain that retrospect is "easy" and you're right. But future-telling is impossible.

But, more to your point, Francis is very clear that he weighed his options and UNDERSTOOD HIS CHOICES MIGHT MEAN HE HAD TO GO BACK TO CAMAROON and get a job. He said, KNOWING THAT, he would rather have done that than continue under the UFC so he would never have regretted this decision, even if it went the worst it could go.

He was clear that he weighed odds and understood he might lose all. He even said "Ppl act like it was a quick or easy decision" and says it was not but he knew what would make him more happy vs more miserable.

He says he would not have regretted it, even if he had to go work in Cameroon. Your guarantee that he would have regretted it, given the fact that we have no reason to believe that you know Francis as well as he knows himself, or that you have given this even 0.1% of the thought and consideration he has given it..... your guarantee is null and void, brother. Well intentioned and reasonably proffered perhaps, but null and void in reality.

You Have to be a UFC World Champion to have this power and potential Brand.

obviously champs and stars will always have the most power, but if fighters banded together ufc is powerless.
NFL players get $750k to ride the bench and just remain on the roster. The UFC can’t come close to that number of course, but the fighters need to unionize if they want to see change on a large scale.

Fuck the UFC and fuck Dana White...

Francis made the right move... realize your own brand and potential.

More fighters should try that, instead of rubbing Dana's nuts for a $50k bonus.

most of them aren't A level HW multi combat sports athletes. I hope Francis and PFL can build something off of this that is more than just a viral spectacle. Until they do, 99% of the UFC roster will continue to have 0 bargaining power.

Jones is the one that took so long to move up to HW. Ngannou waited long enough for him. Still the fight could still happen in the PFL never say never.
Jones signed a new contract extension before he fought Gane UFC has him locked up for seven more fights. No way he can get threw those so it will only happen with the UFC.

This "if" argument goes for EVERY good choice in life. It is only in retrospect we can ask if something is regrettable. You complain that retrospect is "easy" and you're right. But future-telling is impossible.

But, more to your point, Francis is very clear that he weighed his options and UNDERSTOOD HIS CHOICES MIGHT MEAN HE HAD TO GO BACK TO CAMAROON and get a job. He said, KNOWING THAT, he would rather have done that than continue under the UFC so he would never have regretted this decision, even if it went the worst it could go.

He was clear that he weighed odds and understood he might lose all. He even said "Ppl act like it was a quick or easy decision" and says it was not but he knew what would make him more happy vs more miserable.

He says he would not have regretted it, even if he had to go work in Cameroon. Your guarantee that he would have regretted it, given the fact that we have no reason to believe that you know Francis as well as he knows himself, or that you have given this even 0.1% of the thought and consideration he has given it..... your guarantee is null and void, brother. Well intentioned and reasonably proffered perhaps, but null and void in reality.

lmao if you actually believe that.

lmao if you actually believe that.
Laugh it all you want. I don't find it funny that you don't believe it. I just think it's diff strokes for diff folks.

I'll add this: If Francis told you all the things he was going to do you'd lyao too. But he's done most of them.

I don't accept that Francis is cut from the same cloth as most of us. I do accept that I have no clue how a man with that much vision and self-belief comes to his decisions. But I doubt it looks anything like how you come to decisions.

If YOU told me that I wouldn't believe it. If my FRIEND told me that I wouldn't believe it. But I've stopped disbelieving in Francis' vision. He isn't like me, my friend, or, likely, you.

Back