Tyron Woodley interview. "You can give me 1/16th of the boost you give a Conor/Ronda. I'm a star."

Woodley said a lot of truth in this interview, specifically the point about people having short term memory about Robbie acting like he's some GOAT. I really hope Woodley can get it done Saturday.

lmfao nobody has called Robbie lawler the GOAT

Take your head out of your ass

People like you are nothing but straight bitches

Ronda was pushed because she was a female. If it wasn't her, it was gonna be Tate or carano and they would have been the once in a lifetime athlete Rogans talks about.
Tate and Carano weren't smashing their opponents like Ronda was. Nor did they have her bravado.

lmfao nobody has called Robbie lawler the GOAT

Take your head out of your ass
I said 'some goat' not 'the goat' but whatever, it's semantics. I can't think of a fighter with a bigger gulf between what his fans think he is and what he has actually done in the cage. Lawler is a very good version of Diego. He looks mean, he acts tough in the cage, and gets gifted decisions. Woodley was simply pointing out people are building him up when in actuality this is still the guy who lost to Nick, Jacare, Larkin, Kennedy, etc. He's a good welterweight, that's it.

I said 'some goat' not 'the goat' but whatever, it's semantics. I can't think of a fighter with a bigger gulf between what his fans think he is and what he has actually done in the cage. Lawler is a very good version of Diego. He looks mean, he acts tough in the cage, and gets gifted decisions. Woodley was simply pointing out people are building him up when in actuality this is still the guy who lost to Nick, Jacare, Larkin, Kennedy, etc. He's a good welterweight, that's it.

Stopped reading when you compared lawler to diego

Eat shit and live

Whoodley (mad props to @knowitall for that) is butthurt people love someone other than him and wants a piece of their success. He ain't gettin' it by complaining about the UFC not pushing him enough, literally no one who gets pushed has complained because before that they were quietly running themselves ragged getting their name out.

<36>
EagerFirmAsp.gif
Looks familiar huh?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

The UFC does need to promote individual fighters more.

But this idea that the UFC just has to hit the easy button and promotion takes care of itself is ridiculous though.

Look at Sage. Everyone is expecting him to be the next Conor, but the dude is duller than a bag of doorknobs, even with the flips.

Conor got where his is because what you see is what you get, and really, the dude is laying it all on the line, had he lost before the Diaz or Aldo fight, he wouldn't be a fraction the star he is now.

HE'S the one who stood up and talked mad shit in the press conferences and showed all the others fighters up by dressing in Don Cherry'esque tailored suits, the only reason the UFC started marketing the shit out of him is because in addition to those things, he won exciting fights. It looks easy in retrospect, but the pressure on Conor coming up must have been fucking insane, like the difference between $10,000 and $1,000,000 insane

I love how people think all the UFC has to do is promote them like Ronda and Connor and they will be super famous. Do these people really think that the UFC is holding them back because they want to make less money? If all the UFC had to do was promote you like they promote Ronda and Connor they would do it because then everyone they do that with is a star.

Are you really underestimating the value of the UFC hype machine pushing people they deem worthy?

Conor gets on a microphone or interview he takes the opportunity and runs with it. Only makes sense that he would be given the platform a little more than the speak softly carry a big stick types.

Anyone actually watch the video? What he said made sense.

Have not seen woodley finish too many fights in the first round have not seen him fight at all in years. If he thinks he just isnt getting some push he is delusional. I see ads for this fight everywhere with that chilling promo with the ring around the rosie song. I think its the best promo ever. If he a star then step up and be a star.

Back