Tyron Woodley interview. "You can give me 1/16th of the boost you give a Conor/Ronda. I'm a star."

Not true. Don't you think the UFC would already be milking Woodley for all he's worth if he was as marketable as those two?

When he can put together a nice streak of wins, exciting fights and kill the mic then he can ask for the UFC to back him.

Ronda/Connor did the work themselves before they get the UFC push they DESERVED.

He would still be less than 1/16th the star Conor and Ronda are.

giphy.gif

I mean... all due* respect to woodley.
But Conor & Ronda have -20second
finishes*

Last edited:
When he can put together a nice streak of wins, exciting fights and kill the mic then he can ask for the UFC to back him.

Ronda/Connor did the work themselves before they get the UFC push they DESERVED.

Ronda was pushed because she was a female. If it wasn't her, it was gonna be Tate or carano and they would have been the once in a lifetime athlete Rogans talks about.

They don't create draws. They promote them. Woodley has to draw some interest himself. Hard to do that with your jaw wired shut after this weekend.

Watching this interview and Lawler's, Woodly seems really focused where as Lawler seems a little disinterested and even said he didn't want this fight or any fight at the moment... I wonder if there opposing attitudes have been reflected in their training. If Woodly has been pushing things to another level and Lawler has only given it 90% the difference will show.

Delusional.

DELUUUUUUSIONAL.

People aren't given boosts without the company seeing stardom somewhere in them to begin with. UFC accelerates what's already there, in other words, because it would be a smart way to get a return on their investment.

Ronda and Conor always had a spark and Woodley always has and will be bleak. They would get nothing by pouring resources into him and any belt he wins might as well be the colour of the bottom of my shoes to match the dark side of UFC's balance sheet with him on top.

LOL.

Ronda was pushed because she was a female. If it wasn't her, it was gonna be Tate or carano and they would have been the once in a lifetime athlete Rogans talks about.

True, but she was a female who went 6:0 outside the UFC with all finishes via Armbar.

If it wasn't for Ronda there may still not be a female division in the UFC.

Watching this interview and Lawler's, Woodly seems really focused where as Lawler seems a little disinterested and even said he didn't want this fight or any fight at the moment... I wonder if there opposing attitudes have been reflected in their training. If Woodly has been pushing things to another level and Lawler has only given it 90% the difference will show.

That worries me less than how passive that Robbie has been in the early rounds since becoming champ. Woodley as champion would be insufferable.

I love how people think all the UFC has to do is promote them like Ronda and Connor and they will be super famous. Do these people really think that the UFC is holding them back because they want to make less money? If all the UFC had to do was promote you like they promote Ronda and Connor they would do it because then everyone they do that with is a star.

Back