• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Tyre Nichols video to be released soon. 5 Memphis cops fired and charged with murder for his death

This entire “people don’t care unless cops do it, what about gangs” angle is bullshit you made up to support your cops are victims narrative.

Across the board, from small communities efforts to fighting for legislation there are countless efforts to address gang violence in cities. You’re the one who doesn’t actually give a shit here and totally ignore these because you’re just using the topic to feel sorry for yourself.

civic-led after school programs aimed at prevention, the existence of non-profit organizations creating anti-gang initiatives, local businesses like the bakery down the street from me hiring ex-gang members exclusively and using their profits to create programs to get more brothers out, lots of academics spending their careers studying the issue, local politicians creating anti-gang legislation…

the list goes on. Who cares how many marches it includes when that’s not a tool that works on gangs?
Huh. The point is true, people care more especially the grifters when there is money and fame on the line. Solving gang crimes amounts to nothing. Suing police forces and cities is big money and big fame and the grifters and race baiters on social media come out in droves (see Jamele Hill types).

These cops are absolute pieces of shit that are rightfully being charged with murder. I’m consistent in that the history of the victim does mean something. It seems this man had a a clean record and no issues. This is despicable and justice will be served.

Because no one actually cares. It's just entertainment & political ammunition for them, in the end.
Wrong. Lol. Because its different when your taxes pay for a gang of people with unlimited power to abuse it.
Its the bigger picture and not an isolated incident or a somewhat even playing field between 2 citizens of the same standing.
Has to do with freedom & not living in a 3rd world police state were the government & one of its arms can execute you in the street like a dog.
Do you even "constitution" or care about rights & duties:
-Innocent until proven guilty
-Sworn duty/oath to protect & serve
- No cruel & unusual punishments
-No excessive force
-Police brutality
- Protect us from becoming a Police state & militarization of police. In America they are supposed to be completely separate
-Abuse of power
- Virtue signaling and putting a group of people on pedestal who are above the law and beyond reproach.

Nah, none of those major core principles of American freedom exist because its inconvenient for your silly simple narrative.

Thanks for the details. Now I don’t have to watch the video.
Didn’t catch the news this am. Was there riots in Memphis and elsewhere?
There were some protesting and marches in a few cities but nothing much. The only real damage was here in NY where a few people in the city damaged a police car and two people were arrested otherwise it was mostly peaceful and I have a feeling it had to do with the five being charged for murder.

Just bad hires in general. Memphis is nearly 70% black and the police department is majority people of color. There are plenty of qualified people of color who they could hire. There are many officers on their PD who are black and do an excellent job. They just hired five turds in this instance and then let them be on a special task force. The video is disgusting.

It's crazy that this was their elite task force. Doesn't fill you with confidence in regards to the quality of the normal patrol officers.

This is what people predicted would happen with the vilification of cops though, so can't say I'm surprised. Not that cops never do anything wrong, but people have painted them as an evil caricature instead of acknowledging reality exists in the greys and there are huge differences between departments. Quality people just don't want to become cops anymore and if you combine that with lower funding you end up with departments that hire bottom-of-the-barrel people out of desperation.

Exactly this. Fraud, murders, assault, rapes etc are horrific and disgusting at all times but when the people commuting vile acts are in a position of trust and/or power it hits the populace in a different way (to a degree). If this was just a bunch of random guys teeing off people would still be horrified but when these acts are perpetrated by police, Drs, teachers, priest’s, the political class etc it does put a different light on it and stirs up feelings of anger a lot more in general.

The way that one cop conveniently and consistently turns away so as not to get anything on camera would lead any reasonable person to believe he’s been in similar positions more then a few times before.

Hearing him call for his mother reminded me of this image made in reference to the Kelly Thomas murder.

The only remotely positive thing I can say is at least these officers were arrested reasonably quickly. Memphis obviously has some good cops.

Stil hard to believe those scumbags were acquitted of all charges.

I wonder if these cops will get off like the ones that beat Kelly Thomas to death.

This stupidity doesn't help their cause or win anyone to their side. Definitely doesn't make someone even want to begin talking about anything other than them getting off the road. Every one of them should be arrested. Go protest on a sidewalk.

Last edited:
I've seen a little of the video that was edited, I didn't see the worst of it. But I'm certain it was pretty bad and yes these cops regardless of race should get punished for what they did. It was completely unnecessary beating.

I've seen a little of the video that was edited, I didn't see the worst of it. But I'm certain it was pretty bad and yes these cops regardless of race should get punished for what they did. It was completely unnecessary beating.
I watched all the videos and it was bad. The footage from the security camera was pretty horrible. You can clearly see them beating him including the the cop who kicked him in the head twice. The worst was him crying out for his mom as they were beating him

It's crazy that this was their elite task force. Doesn't fill you with confidence in regards to the quality of the normal patrol officers.

This is what people predicted would happen with the vilification of cops though, so can't say I'm surprised. Not that cops never do anything wrong, but people have painted them as an evil caricature instead of acknowledging reality exists in the greys and there are huge differences between departments. Quality people just don't want to become cops anymore and if you combine that with lower funding you end up with departments that hire bottom-of-the-barrel people out of desperation.

Honestly man, I wouldn’t use the word “elite”. It’s likely mostly made up of younger “go getter” type cops. Many of those units do curb crime, but a lot of times your more seasoned beat cops are the better and more rounded officers. I don’t know much about it but their unit probably did lock up some real shit bags, unfortunately they also had 5 shit bags within the unit. It’s tough to say not working for that department.

Edit: sorry just read the second part of your post and I 100% completely agree. I’ve said it several times in this thread and you’re 100% spot on.

Last edited:
I could be misinterpreting it, but it looked like the cop that kneed him over immediately looked up to see if there were any cameras around. Could also be when the pepper spray was deployed.

I don't think he was cuffed when he was standing up. It looked like baton cop whacked him in the arm a couple times as he was getting up and then you can see him sorta stumble away and then it looked like each cop grabbed and held onto an arm. They were just restraining each arm as he was completely disoriented and barely standing up. Then the cop who was soccer kicking him started giving him haymakers from the side until he fell flat. Then they pinned him down and finally cuffed him.

I just can't watch it again, but I'll take your word for it. Either way, the kid was fully restrained and posed ZERO threat whatsoever. It makes me sad that humans are capable of stuff like this. I mean, we know the stuff ISIS, Boko Haram, etc. do but when it's the people who are supposed to be keeping people like this kid safe that instead do this...it's fucking disheartening.

If problems with "specific cops" that keeps happening over and over, then there is a problem with cops as a whole.

I don't know how any US citizen can be upset with more accountability and checks and balance for law enforcement.
There is no amount of training or protesting that's going to stop someone who wants to break the law/rules. It's the same with any law being broken. No matter how severe you make the punishments, there will still be people who murder. No matter how severe you make the punishments for drunk driving or how much driving training there is, there will still be people who choose to get behind the wheel while drunk.

There will always be cops that choose to abuse their power. There will always be people who choose to rob, murder and/or steal. Condemning every cop or everyone in that murdering criminal's demographic is stupid.

Last edited:
I just can't watch it again, but I'll take your word for it. Either way, the kid was fully restrained and posed ZERO threat whatsoever. It makes me sad that humans are capable of stuff like this. I mean, we know the stuff ISIS, Boko Haram, etc. do but when it's the people who are supposed to be keeping people like this kid safe that instead do this...it's fucking disheartening.
Well even worse when the striking started on the feet, it appeared to me like they didn't want to fully restrain him. It's like they wanted to give more reason and time for more beating

I'm convinced one of them knew this guy prior

Because it's a violation of what used to be considered a sacred trust.

I have more respect for officers of the law than most but it definitely bothers me a lot more when it's police doing the killing.

This is the first post of yours in a long time that I agree with. Not in most police shootings because most of the time it's a split second decision where the cop is forced into a choice they don't want to have to make. But in a scenario like this, you are spot on. These cops have a charter to PROTECT people like this kid. And they instead beat him to death.

We need cops. We need good cops like I'm sure @nhbbear was, @irish_thug and @Protectandserve are. But when you have cops like this, it violates a code that society should have with its enforcers of the law. And one video like this fucks up the trust so badly that's needed between communities and police.

Well even worse when the striking started on the feet, it appeared to me like they didn't want to fully restrain him. It's like they wanted to give more reason and time for more beating

Could be, not sure if we'll ever know. IF it turns out that's the case, it's nothing more than a gang that murdered a kid. (I say kid because I'm old, I realize he was an adult.)

I want that to be true so bad man. It's criminal and it's horrible but at least it makes an attack like that make some kinda sense

The alternative is that 5 cops with no regard for humanity beat a guy to death for sport.....and that makes it so much worse and so much scarier . It also makes the people that feel a certain way about the police right.

@Protectandserve . What's it like on your end. Like if you think an officer is a problem how do you go about dealing with it/getting them removed/ keeping them in line ...without getting a reputation as a rat ? Does a good officer become a bad officer if he ends up in a group like this? What would you do if you ended up on some kind of scene with 4 police brutality types and the situation was escalateting quickly ?

It's hard for me.

The Daniel Shaver killing still pisses me off to this day.

Yeah but from that angle it’s more hard to believe how quick these guys have been arrested. Always give credit where credit is due. Three weeks later these guys are facing murder charges

Maybe they know something else besides this footage we don’t know

Back