• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Tyre Nichols video to be released soon. 5 Memphis cops fired and charged with murder for his death

You’re assuming they wanted him to die easily…

Well, again, he didn’t die right away and there was no way they could know he was absolutely going to die. I personally think they were beating him and taking turns doing it because he a. Ran from them and this was a beating for contempt of cop and b. in a three stooges scene, these officers were pepper spraying each other left and right, so the officers that got sprayed really teed off on this guy.

I am not defending these pieces of shit at all, but like the Floyd case, i don’t believe they meant to kill him

Better recruiting. Eliminating perverse incentives when possible when it comes to promotion.A strong community oversight commission.

Could you possibly be more vague? You're sounding like Biden making political promises

"Better..... recruiting! Yeah, that'll do it. And we need the police to remove some of these perverse promotion incentives because... well I don't know why or which ones but President Harris says they're bad."

Making not reporting police misconduct of fellow officers a career ender. Making perjury while a cop a career ender and mandatory jail time. Don't make the metrics of whether your elite unit is successful or not be how many arrests and seizures.

Finally, some specifics.

*No chance that first one will happen. Ordering cops to rat on other cops?
*Prosecutors typically don't charge cops with perjury. Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall a single case.
*Ok, how are chiefs supposed to use to gauge if their units are effective, if not for arrests & seized property?

Need I go on on the myriad of failings that lead to an incident as outrageous as this?

You don't need to.

Because that's the problem. Feelings.

Emotional reactions to tragic circumstances rarely result in positive change. But objective assessments of circumstances can.

Unfortunately, mass riots make that objective assessment impossible. Which is why if you really cared about Tyre Nichols, you'd probably would have wished they waited to drop the cop cams until Monday.

Going to bed. Don't want to argue about this all night.

Also, didn’t the cops already have reason to be amped up for his lack of pulling over? I think there’s more to the story than we’re seeing as of right now.

No. Someone not pulling over (yet stopping at a red light) shouldn't get professional law enforcement officers 'amped up'. If that is all it takes to 'amp them up' they aren't emotionally stable enough to do such an important job.

This is worse than Chauvin. He deserved to be convicted too, but he was guilty more for a willful disregard for Floyd's life while these guys BEAT a handcuffed man to death. Throwing a haymaker at a guy half your size whose hand are cuffed behind his back has only one intent. To inflict huge damage. Period.

I also agree this is worse than Floyd. These cops brutalized this man whereas chauvin showed zero regard for Floyd’s life. I don’t believe that chauvin nor these cops meant to kill but their indifference for human life is shocking. But the violence exhibited in this video is also shocking. Again, fuck these guys.

Well, again, he didn’t die right away and there was no way they could know he was absolutely going to die. I personally think they were beating him and taking turns doing it because he a. Ran from them and this was a beating for contempt of cop and b. in a three stooges scene, these officers were pepper spraying each other left and right, so the officers that got sprayed really teed off on this guy.

I am not defending these pieces of shit at all, but like the Floyd case, i don’t believe they meant to kill him

I usually think you're pretty level headed in these cases mate.

But if this happened with non police they'd be done for attempted murder in my opinion. ( turning into murder when he passed in hospital ) Booting someone in the face.. unanswered blows to the face would be viewed as attempted murder.

Hell here in aus we consider one sucker punch to the head as murder. This is clearly murder

Also are they wearing steel toed boots ?

Last edited:
Is there mass protests in usa over this again?

There were 302 murders last year in Memphis and 346 in 21. Why is it people only care when cops do the killing? I get that it is the state killing someone vs street thugs, but I am referring to people suddenly caring about a death and mourning the victim while they ignore the street violence victims and their families. People will set up a shrine where he was beaten. People will cry. Why weren’t people in the streets for the 10k blacks people murdered and many thousands of people injured in street violence? This is one life compared to 10k black/black crimes, yet because the police did this, his life and death become a national tragedy. Why can’t people be bothered to mobilize to protest gang violence? Why is there not a nationwide and sustained protest over street violence? You get the occasional march but you will never see the amount of people that came out for this guy. Does his life/death mean that much more because cops killed him?

Why does the potus reach out to nichols family or the families of mass shootings yet can’t be bothered to address black on black crime and murders? His response is to go after legal gun owners instead of increasing the penalties for actual criminals using guns.

This looks horrible

I don’t think I would be able to stomach the entire unedited footage

@Loiosh You call sherdog racist. Can you should anyone here supporting these officers after the video got released? EVERYONE'S disgusted.

There were 302 murders last year in Memphis and 346 in 21. Why is it people only care when cops do the killing? I get that it is the state killing someone vs street thugs, but I am referring to people suddenly caring about a death and mourning the victim while they ignore the street violence victims and their families. People will set up a shrine where he was beaten. People will cry. Why weren’t people in the streets for the 10k blacks people murdered and many thousands of people injured in street violence? This is one life compared to 10k black/black crimes, yet because the police did this, his life and death become a national tragedy. Why can’t people be bothered to mobilize to protest gang violence? Why is there not a nationwide and sustained protest over street violence? You get the occasional march but you will never see the amount of people that came out for this guy. Does his life/death mean that much more because cops killed him?

Why does the potus reach out to nichols family or the families of mass shootings yet can’t be bothered to address black on black crime and murders? His response is to go after legal gun owners instead of increasing the penalties for actual criminals using guns.

Because it's heinous and on video mate....

People care about a lot of murders....

Step away from this one

I usually think you're pretty level headed in these cases mate.

But if this happened with non police they'd be done for attempted murder in my opinion. ( turning into murder when he passed in hospital ) Booting someone in the face.. unanswered blows to the face would be viewed as attempted murder.

Hell here in aus we consider one sucker punch to the head as murder. This is clearly murder

Also are they wearing steel toed boots ?

I doubt they were steel-toed boots. The toes are reinforced but i have never seen steel toed boots for law enforcement and I went through two pair/year for nearly 20 years.

These cops definitely meant to cause this guy lots of harm, but I seriously doubt that they did this with the intent to kill him. Had he survived the beating, I would argue that they should be charged with attempted murder, but because he died, it has to be murder charges

I doubt they were steel-toed boots. The toes are reinforced but i have never seen steel toed boots for law enforcement and I went through two pair/year for nearly 20 years.

These cops definitely meant to cause this guy lots of harm, but I seriously doubt that they did this with the intent to kill him. Had he survived the beating, I would argue that they should be charged with attempted murder, but because he died, it has to be murder charges

Oh fair enough. I'm surprised that they don't rock steel toes. I would.

But this to me goes into the woodwork with " intent to kill " because realistically I don't see another outcome from those actions.

If you agree it's murder that's fine with me.

Arguing someone's mental thought process is a hard one. They mightn't have intended the outcome. But the actions almost guaranteed the outcome.

So whether or not they intended it by active thought is kind of a moot point by this stage.

Because it's a violation of what used to be considered a sacred trust.

I have more respect for officers of the law than most but it definitely bothers me a lot more when it's police doing the killing.

Exactly this. Fraud, murders, assault, rapes etc are horrific and disgusting at all times but when the people commuting vile acts are in a position of trust and/or power it hits the populace in a different way (to a degree). If this was just a bunch of random guys teeing off people would still be horrified but when these acts are perpetrated by police, Drs, teachers, priest’s, the political class etc it does put a different light on it and stirs up feelings of anger a lot more in general.

The way that one cop conveniently and consistently turns away so as not to get anything on camera would lead any reasonable person to believe he’s been in similar positions more then a few times before.

Hearing him call for his mother reminded me of this image made in reference to the Kelly Thomas murder.

The only remotely positive thing I can say is at least these officers were arrested reasonably quickly. Memphis obviously has some good cops.

I've seen bits of the video, looks stinking fairplay - cops deserve long, long sentences. Awful.

Any rioting?

Monday is more dangerous. It means you have everyone trying to get to and fro while navigating a hypothetical protest or unrest. You realize the police dept is the ones who wanted it released Friday night right?

I guarantee you more instances of abuse frl. Scorpion will surface. The unit is doa going forward. There is no other way to describe not 1, not 2, but 5 sociopaths working together as anything but a systemic failure. That doesn't happen randomly.
I read last night the family wanted the Scorpion division disbanded and it looks like the police will follow through with it. That division reminds me of the now highly controversial and defunct Rampart division of the LAPD in the 90s

Watched all the bodycam footage, then watched the pole cam footage. It's.... disturbing to say the least.
Completely 100% indefensible actions. From the very start.

Was the cop who said "I hope they stomp his ass" suspended or fired for that remark?

it’s because cops are granted the power to arrest and detain. That and they can just blame systematic racism at any given moment.

People aren’t taught to respect law enforcement in this country and don’t understand their rights that leads to this stuff.

Back