• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Tyre Nichols video to be released soon. 5 Memphis cops fired and charged with murder for his death

That’s what a cop said on the video. But like I keep saying, maybe this was an act of pure evil, we just can’t assume that yet based just on that video.
So what would need to come out for this act to not be pure evil?

You seem to really want to find a reason for this to be justified and I dont understand why.

What does the "justice for Tyre" mean that rioters are demanding?

They're going to have to be more specific, because the officers have already been charged, and demands they had before that officers "reflect the race of the communities they're policing" seems to have backfired here big time. All 5 cops are black and the police chief is a black woman, so it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot for them to demand here.

That’s what a cop said on the video. But like I keep saying, maybe this was an act of pure evil, we just can’t assume that yet based just on that video. The cops probably have some good reasons for doing what they did. But maybe they don’t. I don’t know yet.
You keep saying it as if it’s verified until challenged about it.

So what would need to come out for this act to not be pure evil?

You seem to really want to find a reason for this to be justified and I dont understand why.

Cain Velasquez.

Im not going to argue with anyone but im dropping my 2 cents.
I have no political affiliation so anybody trying to take that angle won't work with me.

I just watched all the videos, and from what I seen these cops were being ultra aggressive right from jump.
This wasn't a case of resistance until they tazed, tried to pepper spray him.

Kicking him in the face when he was already on the ground, standing him up only to punch him in the face several times, baton shots...etc etc etc.

Still couldn't get cuffs on him with 5 cops there? Fuck off with that shit.
They might not have meant to kill him but they sure didn't do fuck all to help him either while he was basically dying on the ground.

In fact it took 29 mins for the ambulance to arrive, when the average is 10 mins, meaning they didn't call it in for nearly 20 mins.

So much wrong in these videos, that it is hard to believe anyone could see it the cops way.

R.I.P Tyres, wish shit was different for you sir.
You could hear them saying that an ambulance won’t be there for a while after they beat him. Some of what they said was unintelligible

They're going to have to be more specific, because the officers have already been charged, and demands they had before that officers "reflect the race of the communities they're policing" seems to have backfired here big time. All 5 cops are black and the police chief is a black woman, so it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot for them to demand here.

I also don’t get being an asshole to cops in New York, Chicago, LA, etc for something that five cops in Memphis did. Could the cops in any of the other cities have prevented this? No. It’s just stupid. The cop that a protestor chucks a brick at on the other side of the country could very well be a great officer with a family. It’s like blaming a doctor in California for a mistake that another doctor made in Miami.

His hands were handcuffed behind his back, yet they kept screaming at him to give them his hands?

Whatever you say, buddy.

The tower cam footage shows that victim with his hands cuffed behind his back and those cops teeing off on him.

But yeah, he TOTALLY deserved it because he ran.

{<diva}

I just watched all the videos, and from what I seen these cops were being ultra aggressive right from jump.
This wasn't a case of resistance until they tazed, tried to pepper spray him.

Agree... he was super chill and docile, and the only one talking clearly and calmly. The officers were all screaming and cursing at the top of their lungs.

Humans aren't machines, we have evolved behavior to protect ourselves--fight or flight. Not wanting to turn your back on someone who's violently assaulting you is a natural instinct, as is running away when you're being assaulted. The idea that a human can be MURDERED for what is evolved natural reflex is sickening.

If the officers had matched his chill tone from the start his adrenaline would have subsided and he'd be able to better control his fight or flight reflexes, but instead they escalated; now he's dead, and they're all going to jail.

You could hear them saying that an ambulance won’t be there for a while after they beat him. Some of what they said was unintelligible

Yeah, tons of cunty actions in one scenario sir, too sad to get angry.

A couple of these pigs need some additional charges of spitting and urinating in public brought against them.

Agree... he was super chill and docile, and the only one talking clearly and calmly. The officers were all screaming and cursing at the top of their lungs.

Humans aren't machines, we have evolved behavior to protect ourselves--fight or flight. Not wanting to turn your back on someone who's violently assaulting you is a natural instinct, as is running away when you're being assaulted. The idea that a human can be MURDERED for what is evolved natural reflex is sickening.

I grew up in a shit area and everyone knew the risks of running from the cops.
This shit is different though, they just kept going beyond what would be a normal ass whooping...way beyond sir.

I also don’t get being an asshole to cops in New York, Chicago, LA, etc for something that five cops in Memphis did. Could the cops in any of the other cities have prevented this? No. It’s just stupid. The cop that a protestor chucks a brick at on the other side of the country could very well be a great officer with a family. It’s like blaming a doctor in California for a mistake that another doctor made in Miami.

We the people

Blatant negligence and excessive force. When is enough, enough?

Disbanding scorpion, a better community oversight board if one doesn't exist, there are plenty of things would reasonably constitute justice.

Hopefully this will make at least some dirty cops think twice before pulling anything like this in the future.

Unfortunately, it won't stop it completely because there's too many sadists drawn to that type of job.

Yet they all pay dues to the same union, no?

No. There are multiple police unions throughout America, and what difference would that make anyway? Unions mostly represent workers for pay and benefits negotiations. They do hold retainers for legal defense, but just because different departments may be a part of the same union in instances means jack.

No there are many unions.
I would like to see the fines for police wrongdoing come out of their pension fund rather than the tax payer. Perhaps then the police will police themselves and get rid of the criminal cops. That’s what they are. It’s not a few bad apples. They’re fucking criminals.

Back