• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Will Jiri have learned from his one colossal mistake that cost him against Pereira?

That's a good example of why I'm a firm believer you should never underestimate anyone. I see every person as having the possibility of being able to kick my ass even though I wouldn't be seen as a pushover by a longshot.

Any enemy has the potential to hurt or even kill...if that's not enough to keep your attention I don't know what to say to ya... amirite?

Underestimating will only lead to your own demise.

I like your thought process sir.

I don't recall the fight in great detail, but wasn't Alex landing some nasty leg kicks which presumably motivated Jiri to engage as he did?
No. He landed a solid shot on Poatan that backed him up to the fence and got a bit too excited like Fedor/Arlovski and threw a overhand w no setup.

2 big dudes.
for-you-bane.gif

Reactions: HHJ
Judging by his last fight, no.
His last fight is typical Jiri

When he fought Poatan he fought him differently.

He knew he couldnt just run through him w no respect. I dont expect he will try that here again.

Thats the only thing Jiri has going for him.
You dont know what your talking about.

Jiri is an unpredictable homicidal maniac with big balls. One of the few guys who can consistently back Poatan up, and the longer the fight went the more he landed on him.

He just got a bit careless in that last exchange.

War Jiri GOATchazka. Forgive these uneducated sinners. For they know not what they do.

Hail Satan.

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.
You sure you're not talking about me, Shermano? I was, and still is, 5'5.

<{outtahere}>

You sure you're not talking about me, Shermano? I was, and still is, 5'5.

<{outtahere}>
Yea but you Dirty Frank

If it was u, he woulda said my man Dirty Frank came out there and put herbs to curbs

People in here would wonder why he didnt mention that it was the dirtiest of all competitors, the dirtiest player in the game?

jiri never learns anything ... his style is his style.

if he changes it he's not going to flow, second guess himself, and make mistakes

This, people don't understand it's almost impossible to just all of a sudden change what got you to the top or drop tendencies just like that.. It's muscle memory for these guys already. Their style is their style and once they're in a fire fight they'll revert to what they're comfortable with and what got them to the dance.

What makes Jiri special is his wild, unorthodox, awkward striking. You can't tell him to fight technical cause then your taking away his super power.

Jiri has to double down. Kill or be killed. That's his only way of winning. He can't make it a technical kick boxing match with Poatan..

Jiri has to grapple. It's the only way he wins. It basically has to be a repeat of Jiri's win over glover.

Yea but you Dirty Frank

If it was u, he woulda said my man Dirty Frank came out there and put herbs to curbs

People in here would wonder why he didnt mention that it was the dirtiest of all competitors, the dirtiest player in the game?
Makes sense haha

Reactions: HHJ
No. He landed a solid shot on Poatan that backed him up to the fence and got a bit too excited like Fedor/Arlovski and threw a overhand w no setup.

Well, Arlovski was landing nothing and Fedor was putting on a master class there baiting him in, so that's a weird comparison. I still remember how many blind lemmings believed that Arlovski was destroying Fedor until some imagined unfortunate spark of luck "turned the tide." Jiri and Alex were competitive, without a doubt, but Alex was definitely landing some heavy kicks to his lead leg, as I recall. I'll go rewatch it if it's available on espn+ (and if not, I'll have run out of interest).

Well, Arlovski was landing nothing and Fedor was putting on a master class there baiting him in, so that's a weird comparison.
In the final exchange he was landing. He was quicker on the draw and got Fedor backed up into the corner. Thats when he made the mistake. Its not a weird comparison at all. He got overexcited and forgot who he was in there with.

In the final exchange he was landing. He was quicker on the draw and got Fedor backed up into the corner. Thats when he made the mistake. Its not a weird comparison at all. He got overexcited and forgot who he was in there with.

He definitely wasn't quicker on the draw, being as Fedor out-gunned him with the only punch he threw, and an overhand at that. He was also landing basically nothing. Nearly everything he threw was glancing off of shoulder at best. Was obvious in the moment, and even more so in review.

He definitely wasn't quicker on the draw, being as Fedor out-gunned him with the only punch he threw, and an overhand at that. He was also landing basically nothing. Nearly everything he threw was glancing off of shoulder at best. Was obvious in the moment, and even more so in review.
At the end of the fight, the last 10 seconds, Fedor was in a bit of trouble. We never saw guys beating him to the punch like that. If you just watched it and cant see that, I dont know what to tell you...and im the biggest Fedor fuckin fanboy there is.

AA had got his timing down there.

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.
I grew up with someone like that. He was physically the smallest of us, but built like a little brick house. I saw him beat so many guys so much bigger, we'd always just sit back like oh here's another big bastard about to learn a lesson lolol. Dude connected and you slept, period.

I grew up with someone like that. He was physically the smallest of us, but built like a little brick house. I saw him beat so many guys so much bigger, we'd always just sit back like oh here's another big bastard about to learn a lesson lolol. Dude connected and you slept, period.
Its like when you watch the Gimme Shelter movie and the leader of the Hells Angels Sonny Barger does not look like a physically imposing guy at all, which makes you wonder how fuckin vicious the guy must be to command respect of all those guys.

Gimme Shelter_Hells angel.jpg

Back