• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Tyre Nichols video to be released soon. 5 Memphis cops fired and charged with murder for his death

quick question and I apologize if it was asked already but these cops are screaming “give me your fucking hands”.. is it that hard to force a victim to put his hands behind his back and cuff him with that many people? He was even on the ground at one point.

They showed absolutely zero arrest and control knowledge and techniques. With 3 cops and patience you can get an unwilling subject in cuffs.

Control the arms(which they had) then figure four the legs and have someone fold them up and dudes not going anywhere and it just becomes a patience game on working the arms to a cuffing position.

They had both wrists controlled at many points but had fuck all idea what to do with it. They let go control, pepper spray him and then threaten to taser him for non compliance. He wasn’t even actively fighting, just resisting.

What would be the appropriate use of the taser/pepper spray/baton in a case like this?
None. Dude is passively resisting and fleeing. None of those allow any of those as force options for my agency.

We require violently resisting (active fighting) or demonstrated skills above your own (think ammy or pro fighter that you recognize), to use any of those. They are all considered intermediate force for us.

The way they work their bodycams to hide what they’re doing is terrifying.

That stood out to me as well. It seemed pretty clear one of the guys was going around the car so he wouldn't capture it. It also seemed like when they noticed the street camera they all kind of settled down and started flashing their lights at it.

No there are many unions.
I would like to see the fines for police wrongdoing come out of their pension fund rather than the tax payer. Perhaps then the police will police themselves and get rid of the criminal cops. That’s what they are. It’s not a few bad apples. They’re fucking criminals.

The FOP unions will provide a lawyer for legal representation in court to an officer so long as the officer is a member of the FOP union. The PD will know each of these lawyers

Unfortunately they have sworn uniformed officers in their ranks who are poorly trained and fear the public they took an oath to protect. A simple "I was in fear for my life/officer safety" is a common lawful alibi for an officer. Take into account an unarmed Michael Brown in Ferguson the officer attempted 12 shots (6 landed), he in-turn pleaded fearing for his life from a giant African-American man and was never convicted. It's a shame deadly force was even used against Michael Brown in that scenario yet the officer went in full panic mode

The FOP unions will provide a lawyer for legal representation in court to an officer so long as the officer is a member of the FOP union. The PD will know each of these lawyers

Unfortunately they have sworn uniformed officers in their ranks who are poorly trained and fear the public they took an oath to protect. A simple "I was in fear for my life/officer safety" is a common lawful alibi for an officer. Look at unarmed Michael Brown in Ferguson the officer attempted 12 shots (6 landed), he plead he feared for his life from giant African-American man and was never convicted. It's a shame deadly force was even used in that scenario yet the officer went in full panic mode
I believe Brown went for his gun. This isn’t really a good case to use as an example.

I’m not talking about legal representation. I’m talking about the millions of dollars put onto the tax payer in fines and damages caused by criminal cops

I believe Brown went for his gun. This isn’t really a good case to use as an example.

I’m not talking about legal representation. I’m talking about the millions of dollars put onto the tax payer in fines and damages caused by criminal cops

He went into full panic mode. He even described him (Michael Brown) as a giant, strong African-American male

6 shots landing out of 12 attempted, doesn't add up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hi...ry/michael-brown-killed-by-police-ferguson-mo

Last edited:
None. Dude is passively resisting and fleeing. None of those allow any of those as force options for my agency.

We require violently resisting (active fighting) or demonstrated skills above your own (think ammy or pro fighter that you recognize), to use any of those. They are all considered intermediate force for us.
Was the Keenan Anderson situation excessive force because they used the taser when he wasn't letting them get his hands behind his back?

This guy death was 100% avoidable and the force used by the 5 cops completely unecessary. Yes he was being a bit assholish and apparently tried to flee before that but he had no weapons and wasn't a 'life or death" threat.

I'm no cop but i agree with Protectandserve here. I think his analysis is absolutely bang on anf i'm glad we have a guy in the know on sherdog.

Was the Keenan Anderson situation excessive force because they used the taser when he wasn't letting them get his hands behind his back?
It’s all gonna depend on department policy. Some agencies have very liberal policies when it comes to use of the taser.

My dept, if I tased someone for not giving up their hands and I couldn’t articulate they may have had a weapon, or some other fact of why that was a dangerous position for me, I’d be in serious trouble.

Passively resisting warrants taser/spray, baton is for active resistance/assaultive behavior, at least where I'm from

Passively resisting warrants taser/spray, baton is for active resistance/assaultive behavior, at least where I'm from
Yeah we are definitely on the more restrictive side for use of force. All 3 are considered intermediate force for us.

I would prefer if the pepper spray was lower on the force options or if they keep it where it’s at I wish we could take it off our belts and have it in the car

You can watch the bodycam footage of the guy that beat him with the baton. It seems he sprayed himself with mace and walked away. Then he decided to take out his baton and walk back and get his licks in. The other murderers hold him so he could get a good hit while another gets out the way to clear a good striking area for his fellow murderer.

Wait...are you serious here? You can see on the video his hands are cuffed behind his back while two cops hold him in place and the big guy swings as hard as he can at him while he's defenseless to move, block, anything.

If these cops are saavy enough to manipulate their positioning for bodycam reasons, they easily could be yelling that just so the mics pick it up. If they didn't think there would be actual video and only audio, they could have thought that was their "out". But the video SHOWS the kid is fully restrained, it's plain to see. You think if his hands are free he's gonna still just stand there and take a haymaker from that huge cop? A punch that could (and maybe was the one that did) literally kill him?

You should stop. The video tells us what we need to know here.

I could be misinterpreting it, but it looked like the cop that kneed him over immediately looked up to see if there were any cameras around. Could also be when the pepper spray was deployed.

I don't think he was cuffed when he was standing up. It looked like baton cop whacked him in the arm a couple times as he was getting up and then you can see him sorta stumble away and then it looked like each cop grabbed and held onto an arm. They were just restraining each arm as he was completely disoriented and barely standing up. Then the cop who was soccer kicking him started giving him haymakers from the side until he fell flat. Then they pinned him down and finally cuffed him.

Fkn media

16521df910fb3c5d.jpg

You can watch the bodycam footage of the guy that beat him with the baton. It seems he sprayed himself with mace and walked away. Then he decided to take out his baton and walk back and get his licks in. The other murderers hold him so he could get a good hit while another gets out the way to clear a good striking area for his fellow murderer.
Yeah that's fucked. Batons are no joke and can break bones very easily. Baton strikes to the head are considered deadly force.

Meth, coke, plus about 1000mg testosterone/week.

That’s what the video showed me. Those cops looked like Pride era juiced up Wanderlei soccer kicking that dude in the head.

They were probably all high on meth or coke

I trust you and haven't seen you be a partisan of any sorts...

I'm not going to watch the video, so will just ask you. Is it that bad? I mean, every source says it's bad, but is it what I'm imagining? From the first few pages and some random sources this sounds like a 1% gang boots to face type a shit.

It's pretty bad, not horrifying but what's really apparent is how much what you see just doesn't make sense.

Meaning you see (at least the parts I've seen) 1st couple cops stop the guy in the middle of the street at a intersection so he hasn't pulled over to the side of the road when they approach. They want him to get out of the car but he refuses so then they open the door and start to pull him out and get him on the ground. They get him to the ground, punch and slap him. Couple more cops get there and engage.

One cop is on top of him in 3/4 mount and they yell at him to get on the ground and he yells out "I am on the ground!!" which he was. You see about four cops around him punch the hell out of the guy for a moment. He's yelling "what are you guys doing?" "what did I do?" and screaming "Mom! Mom!" because I think he was right by her house. You see from a street cam overhead where the 5th cop arrives and basically runs up and kicks the guy in the face. They beat him with their batons too.

They also taze him in the leg and pepper spray him while also getting a couple of the cops in the process, you see them react. He's on the ground all throughout this and tries to block some of the strikes. After all that he's able to get up and runs away. It looks like they didn't even try to stop him. I didn't see what happened after that, I assume he gets caught again and beaten even worse.

The cops here had every opportunity to secure him and follow normal protocol. They just ganged up on him and kicked his ass instead of arresting him. It was weird to watch and just didn't make sense to me.

I just got home from the gym so I haven't had a chance to read any new info or see any more footage as I would suspect national news wouldn't show the worst part of the encounter.

@Protectandserve Thank you for your input on this case, but the incident itself and the cops being fired & charged aren't the main focus.

Its the police chief that hyped up the release of the bodycam footage as 'worse than Rodney King' and releasing it on a Friday night? That's not incompetence, that's practically begging for riots to break out across the nation on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.

It's pretty bad, not horrifying but what's really apparent is how much what you see just doesn't make sense.
It also would look a hell of a lot worse during daytime. That it looks that bad in crappy lighting says a lot.
They also taze him in the leg and pepper spray him while also getting a couple of the cops in the process, you see them react. He's on the ground all throughout this and tries to block some of the strikes. After all that he's able to get up and runs away. It looks like they didn't even try to stop him. I didn't see what happened after that, I assume he gets caught again and beaten even worse.
Yeah it's worse, that's where probably the fatal injuries are from. Two cops hold him in place so another can kick him in the head, and it's also when the baton comes out.

I don't see where the guy was resisting arrest? I just saw the cops being super aggressive from the start. And then get him down where he is trying to comply while they're beating the crap out of him. They could have easily cuffed him then and there.

Then he is stood back up and they start haymakering him in the face. He only ran after being repeatedly beaten - probably in a panic. I don't consider that "resisting."

Back