Two vs. Two MMA on Its Way; Going Over "Extremely Well" With CSAC

Isn't the same applies for Basketball or Football ? If one guy stops playing they're done

No,it doesnt,and you know that its not the same.

I can not believe you all. Nothing but first page fail, here. HIP MMA is hilarious. I've seen dozens of them. Legitimate sport, by American standards? No. (He can't intelligently defend himself!! Wheep wheep) Absurdly entertaining? Yes.

I can not believe you all. Nothing but first page fail, here. HIP MMA is hilarious. I've seen dozens of them. Legitimate sport, by American standards? No. (He can't intelligently defend himself!! Wheep wheep) Absurdly entertaining? Yes.

Exactly

"This will never take off" is the obvious reaction, but the truth of the matter is, the same thing was being said about WMMA about a decade ago, and the same thing was said about MMA in general two decades ago.​

So because people were wrong about a different topic for different reasons, they must be wrong about this as well? It does not work that way.​

To people who say it's "stupid".

You have the same reaction as people who said MMA was human cockfighting in its early days.

give me a break with this lame ass excuse. You can say this for any retarded thing that they come up with next and we are supposed to swallow it every time by saying ohhh well some people,not me,but someone else a few years ago said mma was human cockfighting. So fucking what. I never called it that. I want to watch fighting to see who is the best fighter,one on one. Two on one is a guy taking a beating he shouldnt have to. Yeah so what if the guy knows what he is signing up for,that doesnt mean it should happen or that i wanna see it. Look at it for what it really is,a company coming with a total gimmick,at the expense of guys who couldnt make it in real mma,just to make a quick buck,and making a fight unneccesarily complicated only in a lame attempt to be different.

Full contact skydiving wasn't a real thing

Are you serious?

What do you think the peak of 2 on 2 MMA looks like?

Jumping off each others backs for dual jump kicks?

It will become professional sucker punching. It will become the art of rushed 2-on-1s.

Im against it. I dont want to see two guys beating on one man. Even for 60 seconds Its a fucking joke that is only for $$$. Trying to steal money off all that mma has a accomplished allready.

It's exactly like people who said MMA is too brutal because you can hit a downed opponent.

Things change and evolve. There is no reason 2 vs 2 fights can't become popular.

give me a break with this lame ass excuse. You can say this for any retarded thing that they come up with next and we are supposed to swallow it every time by saying ohhh well some people,not me,but someone else a few years ago said mma was human cockfighting. So fucking what. I never called it that. I want to watch fighting to see who is the best fighter,one on one. Two on one is a guy taking a beating he shouldnt have to. Yeah so what if the guy knows what he is signing up for,that doesnt mean it should happen or that i wanna see it. Look at it for what it really is,a company coming with a total gimmick,at the expense of guys who couldnt make it in real mma,just to make a quick buck,and making a fight unneccesarily complicated only in a lame attempt to be different.

You're forgetting to mention that it's fucking awesome, though.

How ? Have you ever seen a 5vs4 proffesional basketball match ?

oh im sorry do any of these guys get knocked out cos they were outnumbered two to one? lets just bring our intelligence way down and pretend that basket ball and full contact fighting are the same

Too silly looking.

Despite UFC's recent follies, MMA is becoming more and more accepted. This would send it back 10 years and tarnish the sport.

To people who say it's "stupid".

You have the same reaction as people who said MMA was human cockfighting in its early days.

Come on. How can you compare that? Did you take a look at a previous example of this kind of thing and say "Yes, this has a good future"? Even during MMA's early years, you saw the potential was there if people started training for it seriously. A few people stood out back then with legit skill. Most of the others were street tough guys who needed to fight to feel good. Human cockfighting was a reasonable term for what we used to see back in the day. Nut shots, hardly any rules, shit like that. Of course it's developed now because of pioneers who showed that skill can win and new rules being implemented. People pushed themselves to catch up and make something of this.

Now tell me, what does 2 vs 2 MMA develop into? Where does it go? What future does it have that will restrict the innate human nature of trying to win at all costs when combat is involved? I cannot see any scenario in a 2 vs 2 free fight where a team doesn't just rush a target to get him out of there quickly while his teammate tries to help by attacking the opponents backs. I just don't see that as Mixed Martial Arts.

It's exactly like people who said MMA is too brutal because you can hit a downed opponent.

Things change and evolve. There is no reason 2 vs 2 fights can't become popular.

No. There is a major difference you are avoiding.

Nobody wants to see 2 people beat up on 1 guy. That's why it's not popular, and never will be.

And well yeah, "it will become the art of sucker punching and 2 on 1's". Same can be said about ground and pound. "Well yeah, with MMA, it just becomes about who can get on top and just start throwing punches like a barbarian and you win, where is the art in that? Why don't they fight like a real man?"

Pure nonsense.

No. Too unfair if one of the teammates is finished and the other one has to defend against two. I'm always for equal chances. For the same reason, I'd allow kicking the head when both fighters are grounded. It would make playing guard game a little bit more fair for the bottom player.

Last edited:

no,it isnt. Might as well include knives,and you can prattle off the same excuse then too. It isnt about the brutality,its about fairness. watching a guy get beat up by two guys is something i dont want to see,and the only reason they are doing this is to make a quick buck off casuals who are looking for their next fix,and is employing a bunch of guys who probably couldnt hack it in real mma. There is a reason for that.

oh im sorry do any of these guys get knocked out cos they were outnumbered two to one? lets just bring our intelligence way down and pretend that basket ball and full contact fighting are the same

Failing in Basketball=losing on scoreboard

Failing in MMA=getting beaten up

So the result is the same if you go down one person,you fail.

I really can't understand your point here.

Failing in Basketball=losing on scoreboard

Failing in MMA=getting beaten up

So the result is the same if you go down one person,you fail.

I really can't understand your point here.

I dunno,maybe you got dropped on your head as a child,im sorry to hear that man

Don't fret. I'm positive your intelligence is going to remain precisely as it is.

Back