Two vs. Two MMA on Its Way; Going Over "Extremely Well" With CSAC

A

AronaBeatsJones

tn_blog-17-hip-show-21.jpg

Somehow, according to Oxendine, when he explained this to the people responsible for keeping the world of combat sports safe and sane, “It actually went over extremely well.”

That claim is backed up by Andy Foster, the executive director of the California State Athletic Commission, who was in attendance when Oxendine made his sales pitch.

“I thought he was well-prepared,” Foster said. “His video was quite good. And I thought it was almost comical watching it. I mean, have you ever seen this thing?”

SOURCE: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/with-a...rs-2-on-2-mma-is-coming-but-where-is-it-going

---

"This will never take off" is the obvious reaction, but the truth of the matter is, the same thing was being said about WMMA about a decade ago, and the same thing was said about MMA in general two decades ago.

But this is going to be a RIDICULOUS uphill battle for these guys; and might end up going the way of XARM (the arm wrestling fighting league proposed by UFC founder Art Davie).

My guess is that at best, this will be presented as some sort of gimmick game show rather than a sport, ala "Battlebots," and will be canceled after the concept wears down.

What will be most interesting is the UFC's reaction to this.

[YT]_EwvtPLBoe0[/YT]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunt + Overeem = dreamteam.

Let Hunt go in head first and absorb the punishment, then the Reem follows with flying knees = win.

I've seen that shit. Also 5 vs 5, skydiving MMA, knights with swords and shields, all that shit. It's stupid.

Well, it will be a more uphill battle than WMMA. Once MMA for men is good to go, it's logical to extend it to women.

The guy from this organization posts in the Worldwide Forum from time to time. I saw one of their promo videos where it looked like one of the two teammates in a 2-on-1 was applying a heelhook while the victim's attention was focused on the other guy punching him or whatever, and wrote that such things shouldn't be allowed because the guy can't make an intelligent decision about a submission he can't turn his attention to.

The guy said that they have rules in place specifically about these situations, so, despite that bit of promo footage, I'll take his word for it unless I see more evidence to the contrary.

Would I watch it? Well, sure, if it was on I would give it a try. The guy and the organization get bashed pretty hard over in Worldwide, and I don't have any real bone to pick, if situations like what I described actually are accounted for...

It's not really the way I would structure a martial arts promotion, but I suppose it would be interesting to see one guy defeat two, if that happens with any frequency when it comes down to it.

Last edited:
Fkn hell, that double leg off that tall platform was horrible. Someone will end up breaking their neck doing that shit.

Imagine a tag-team of Lawler/Condit...Rory's descent into the higher realms of Nirvana.

I saw a 5 vs. 5 MMA match on YouTube and that was disgraceful. It ended up with 4 or 5 of one team beating the crap out of one guy who couldn't defend himself. It was like something out of some stupid WorldStar video.

As stupid as it would be I'd probably check it out.

Looool. Playground 2v2 fighting. Skydiving mma has to be the dumbest, followed by x-arm. I think this takes third place simply for the playground aspect

It looks absolutely terrible.

Bad for the legitimacy of the sport. You don't see 2 vs 2 boxing matches.

I would think the UFC would do everything in their power to put the kibosh on something like this.

I saw a 5 vs. 5 MMA match on YouTube and that was disgraceful. It ended up with 4 or 5 of one team beating the crap out of one guy who couldn't defend himself. It was like something out of some stupid WorldStar video.

This is basically why it wont go down.

It would be sucker punches after the first dude on either "team" gets eliminated.

readImage

Voted no....Because....You know..... We should always be negative...and complain about everything

Besides it would look nothing like that Russian 2v2 MMA fight

Last edited:
I've seen team MMA from a Russian org on FN. It's the most dumb Shit I have ever seen in MMA.

Last edited:
Back