Two vs. Two MMA on Its Way; Going Over "Extremely Well" With CSAC

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by RTL, Aug 17, 2015.

1. frandie2b ------(SALD BELT)------

Again, you could have said "nobody wants to see a guy hit a grounded opponent inside a cage" back in 90's (and that's still the main reason why MMA is banned in France).

As long as fighters safety is ensured by an experienced ref and the commissions, I don't have a problem watching 2 vs 2, and 2 vs 1 fights.

2. SirKratos Silver Belt

Its a fucking team sport.

In Soccer,11 vs 11,you might lose the match.
    But if its 11 vs 9 for example,you might lose the match much worse.

In MMA,1 vs 1,you might get beaten up
    Then again if its 4 vs 1,you will get beaten up much worse.

They know what they are signed up for and they know the consequences. I can't see whats the problem here.

The fighters do trust their team and willing to take the risk + Fans are eager to watch them throw down. So whats the matter ?

3. HHJ Fedor and Khabib Supremacist

[​IMG]

4. Balthasar Green Belt

Well yeah it would tarnish the sport and take it back about 30 years in terms of its name and recognition as a sport. MMA might already be beyond hope if you look at how slow the sport is evolving and how it are just a bunch of bros in a gym beating eachother up with no clue what they're doing. MMA already is a very difficult sport to learn as you need to learn boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, wrestling, judo, bjj, ground and pound and then also bring all that stuff together into a complete game. MMA is arguably the most difficult sport in the world and it's probably being practised by the most intellectually challenged people on the planet. Adding another dimension to MMA by bringing in more people into the octagon would really be too much and we'd only see someone like Conor McGregor or Fedor pop up every thousand years instead of every decade or something.

That said. Saturday night. Some beers. Some bros. Some gang fights. No PPV, all free. Could be worse. Sure I wouldn't want the UFC to do it, nor would I like to call it MMA, but just let it be another sport or just a gameshow or something. Let it be like those games where they have to run through a parcours or something, or that ultimate ninja warrior stuff, or Takeshi's castle, those aren't bad shows.

5. BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Yeah, I enjoyed the IFL. I didn't care at all which team won at the end, but I cared about the individual fights as much as any other. Roy and Ben were interesting back then.

6. SuperNerd Season Mode.

Maybe if you had no understanding of grappling or wrestling, somebody would have said that back then.

Someone with no understanding or appreciation for sport combat or martial arts.

The details of battle became more popular and widely understood.

Are you telling me people just have to learn to appreciate the 2-on-1 sucker punch and the art of it?

This "well there was confused stupid people before" doesn't justify this incredibly poor idea.

And none of you have one good reason to support it but "well people hated bad stuff before, now they like it" and "I just like watching people get fucked up". The guy supporting is compared it to the fucking Running Man, where people go in against their will and are killed against a team of hunters.

7. SirKratos Silver Belt

So 46 BS people it is...

There aren't any single soul on Sherdog who wouldn't watch a Jones-Gus vs. Rumble-DC 2v2 fight or tons of any other awesome match ups,don't fool yourselves.

And stop with this "barbaric" bullshit,we all are already approving it if thats the case.

In UFC,People are hurting each other to the death anyway... If thats ok for you,Would it disgust you when 3 guys jump on 1 dude ? Awwww

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. Balthasar Green Belt

it doesn't start with 2 on 1, it starts with 2 on 2. Just like an mma fight doesn't start with a dude mounting another dude throwing hammer fists like it's Donkey Kong. There is a lot to appreciate about multiple vs multiple fights. Pretty much all military books delve into that. Napoleon, Ceasar, Sun Tzu, etc. they appreciated it.

9. SuperNerd Season Mode.

You were talking about this sport evolving. What do you think it evolves into? 4 guys respectively having their own two fights? Or the art of running away and teaming up on the weaker guy?

You think you can get half of what a fighter like Jon Jones can offer in a tag team fight? How much of Jones' career is lost when he's getting double fisted by DC and Rumble?

It's a goofy spectacle. People want to see stupid shit and car crashes. That doesn't mean we start bashing into cars.

10. frandie2b ------(SALD BELT)------

48 liars so far.

Admit it guys, maybe you wouldn't enjoy it like MMA but you would still watch.

11. ilfirin Silver Belt

Unlikely.

12. SirKratos Silver Belt

Maybe top fighters wouldn't do it,but still.... There is no way you can convince me that you wouldn't open your TV and watch it.

13. Balthasar Green Belt

What's wrong with teaming up on the weaker guy? In soccer too it's a strategy to put the attacker at a weak defender. In these type of fights, thoiugh, you actually do see that 2 on 2 becomes 1 vs 1 and 1 vs 1, though. If that's a smart thing to do, I don't know. What you're suggesting, though, is hard, because how do you team up and go for the weaker guy when there is another guy with him? I guess you could try to get the stronger guy against the fence or on the ground, neutralize him, and then your partner could try and finish the weaker guy, but that still would be 1 on 1.

And no, I'm pretty sure that this sort of sport would much sooner devolve than evolve lol. But I guess it could evolve theoretically, if it weren't just whitetrash and other scum who'd "train" it.

14. SuperNerd Season Mode.

Oh, okay.

15. Darkart Brown Belt

Would totally watch it, I agree with the other people that said it needs to be like

2 v 2 with 1 in reserve for each team. Every time someone taps or gets tkod the fighting stops and the reserve comes in and they reset standing.

First team to lose 2 guys (no 2 vs 1) is the losing team. The 5 v 5 matches in Russia show that once it becomes 5 vs 4 it quickly snowballs and not competitive. Best to replace the guy lost and restart.

*Edit* I just bought 2 VIP tickets ($75 each) to the first show in the US (Myrtle Beach), because why not?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. FinBJJ Black Belt

Seems very irresponsible. Imagine a guy gets knocked out cold on one of those platforms. He falls on the ground unconscious and risks a severe injury. Not to mention takedowns and slams.

17. Balthasar Green Belt

Don't be such a pussy.

18. FinBJJ Black Belt

You're so edgy.

19. groo Gold Belt

I think this is only viable if done with midgets....or that weight class MM fights in.

20. groo Gold Belt

Another option to make it more interesting is to have a weight cap but not a fighter cap. Say 500lbs per team.

2 big lhw/hw vs a ww & 2 fw

Could have some interesting matchup s.

MIGHTY mouse, Dodson & Lawler vs JDS & Werdum