Two vs. Two MMA on Its Way; Going Over "Extremely Well" With CSAC

This going to be the same shit like that 5 v 5 MMA. As soon as the first guy goes down someone is getting stomped by two people. This is stupid.

Well, it will be a more uphill battle than WMMA. Once MMA for men is good to go, it's logical to extend it to women.

The guy from this organization posts in the Worldwide Forum from time to time. I saw one of their promo videos where it looked like one of the two teammates in a 2-on-1 was applying a heelhook while the victim's attention was focused on the other guy punching him or whatever, and wrote that such things shouldn't be allowed because the guy can't make an intelligent decision about a submission he can't turn his attention to.

The guy said that they have rules in place specifically about these situations, so, despite that bit of promo footage, I'll take his word for it unless I see more evidence to the contrary.

Would I watch it? Well, sure, if it was on I would give it a try. The guy and the organization get bashed pretty hard over in Worldwide, and I don't have any real bone to pick, if situations like what I described actually are accounted for...

It's not really the way I would structure a martial arts promotion, but I suppose it would be interesting to see one guy defeat two, if that happens with any frequency when it comes down to it.
Very interesting.

I guess that's the question I would ask too is that if you're willing to invest your time, money, and effort into an MMA project, why would this be it? This has so many roadblocks, including rules, regulation, hardcore acceptance, casual acceptance, etc, and even if those are cleared at the foundation, then there's still pitching the idea to television stations, production, marketing, etc, and MMA in general is still a niche sport. This is a niche of a niche. It's truly a high-risk, low-reward project.

What had better legs, IMO, was the IFL; which was basically regular MMA (and thus had all of its roadblocks removed beforehand), but was presented under a different format, a team sport as opposed to singular.

Finally

This will help mma grow

Hoping we get triple threats soon

It looks dumb but I'd still watch. Imagine the buys something like Jones and McGregor vs Werdum and Aldo would make?

This going to be the same shit like that 5 v 5 MMA. As soon as the first guy goes down someone is getting stomped by two people. This is stupid.

What would be cool is if they did a 5 vs 5 but only 1 vs 1 at a time. When a fighter loses, his teammate then challenges the winner. First team with all 5 fighters defeated, wins.

What would be cool is if they did a 5 vs 5 but only 1 vs 1 at a time. When a fighter loses, his teammate then challenges the winner. First team with all 5 fighters defeated, wins.
I wouldn't mind if this happened at a much smaller level on the amateur scene to give fighters more experience before their professional careers, with one round per fight.

That's basically what happens in sparring sessions at training anyway.

crop_casey_questionmark_beard.jpg

Over the course of our 30-minute phone interview, he compared Arena Combat – favorably – to the game show depicted in the dystopian future world of “The Running Man.” He also compared himself and his organization to the first astronauts to land on the moon – another idea that some people thought of as crazy at the time, he pointed out.

“That was monumental,” Oxendine said. “We are monumental in the exact same way.”

Totally, dude.

yeah, like pokemon

That's ridiculous. What makes MMA great is it being a 1 on 1, unarmed contest showing skill and heart. I previously saw a glimpse of that 5 vs 5 match and as soon as one person went down, they wouldn't even get a chance to recover, people were all over them stomping them. Nothing but a street brawl.

Gimmicky and loses the point of combat sports, who is the best.

Just like UFC in the early days. Give it a chance to evolve, like pokemon.

Are you serious?

What do you think the peak of 2 on 2 MMA looks like?

Jumping off each others backs for dual jump kicks?

It will become professional sucker punching. It will become the art of rushed 2-on-1s.

Im against it. I dont want to see two guys beating on one man. Even for 60 seconds Its a fucking joke that is only for $$$. Trying to steal money off all that mma has a accomplished allready.

To people who say it's "stupid".

You have the same reaction as people who said MMA was human cockfighting in its early days.

I don't think this is unfair at all.... They know what they are signed up for. If someone from their team gets beaten first,yeah they are screwed but its a team sport... Isn't the same applies for Basketball or Football ? If one guy stops playing they're done

But still,a 5v5 fight with 1v1 at a time does sound better

It will become professional sucker punching. It will become the art of rushed 2-on-1s.

exactly. In the end that would be the most effective way to win,and who wants to watch someone get jumped by two guys? i dont. Stick to worldstar if you want to see victims.

Nick and Nate vs ...... Middle fingers just flyin everywhere!

Are you serious?

What do you think the peak of 2 on 2 MMA looks like?

Jumping off each others backs for dual jump kicks?

zXu2Y.gif

But nah, once people start seriously training it, the talent pool starts to get bigger, technique will get refined, people will start bcomeing more inventive, etc. It's hard to think about what it will look like. But it's a competition and I'm sure that if people practise it seriously, and the talentpool is big, that you'll see serious skill there eventually. And it's more like pokemon.

And well yeah, "it will become the art of sucker punching and 2 on 1's". Same can be said about ground and pound. "Well yeah, with MMA, it just becomes about who can get on top and just start throwing punches like a barbarian and you win, where is the art in that? Why don't they fight like a real man?"

Back