Two vs. Two MMA on Its Way; Going Over "Extremely Well" With CSAC

The problem with standadrd 2v2 is that as soon as one guy goes for a RNC, the guy who is being choked's teammate runs over and starts trying to choke the choker. Then that 4th guy runs over and tried to choke him. It fairly lame.

HOWEVER, the Hip Show format makes it so that pretty much never happens and is overall really cool. Would watch.

Make 2v2 with PRIDE rules. Then all the guy running over has to do is kick the choker in the head.

Well yeah it would tarnish the sport and take it back about 30 years in terms of its name and recognition as a sport. MMA might already be beyond hope if you look at how slow the sport is evolving and how it are just a bunch of bros in a gym beating eachother up with no clue what they're doing. MMA already is a very difficult sport to learn as you need to learn boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, wrestling, judo, bjj, ground and pound and then also bring all that stuff together into a complete game. MMA is arguably the most difficult sport in the world and it's probably being practised by the most intellectually challenged people on the planet. Adding another dimension to MMA by bringing in more people into the octagon would really be too much and we'd only see someone like Conor McGregor or Fedor pop up every thousand years instead of every decade or something.

That said. Saturday night. Some beers. Some bros. Some gang fights. No PPV, all free. Could be worse. Sure I wouldn't want the UFC to do it, nor would I like to call it MMA, but just let it be another sport or just a gameshow or something. Let it be like those games where they have to run through a parcours or something, or that ultimate ninja warrior stuff, or Takeshi's castle, those aren't bad shows.

Did you just mention Mcgregor and Fedor as if they were in the same League?

the only thing I want sanctioned is open gender man vs woman fights

Hip Show - had obstacles always thought it should be more of a Ninja obstacle race. It was fun to watch, but needs much to make it into a sport. If they want to make it a Ninja/Spartan race with roller derby action and goals would be fun. But truth is now it is just a Circus fights, which is why WWE is around nothing wrong with that.

Interdasting. What would be a good team comp? Who would be the dream 2v2 match?

Sounded cool and dangerous but was expensive and over too quick.
Urijah Faber Introduces Full Contact Skydiving
YouTube

· 1,376,000+ views
· 6/16/2014
· by FCS HQ
Urijah Faber Introduces Full Contact Skydiving - Bing video
That was awesome. They should have called it zero gravity MMA or something though. It's not really skydiving, right? Either way, it's awesome and I can't believe more people weren't interested. They should have marketed it in Japan.

That was awesome. They should have called it zero gravity MMA or something though. It's not really skydiving, right? Either way, it's awesome and I can't believe more people weren't interested. They should have marketed it in Japan.

Yes, it is real skydiving. They just train in the indoor.. (without the parachute or airplane, as a 1,000 horsepower motor keeps you soaring through air at indoor skydiving facility). But why not just do the whole fight in the indoor training rooms? Would work they have them in Las Vegas it would be so cool if UFC put them in their new hotel they are building and make it a fun sport.

But as it stands now using indoor to train is expensive, actual charting planes and ref. & cameraman... made it too expensive.

Yes, it is real skydiving. They just train in the indoor.. (without the parachute or airplane, as a 1,000 horsepower motor keeps you soaring through air at indoor skydiving facility). But why not just do the whole fight in the indoor training rooms? Would work they have them in Las Vegas it would be so cool if UFC put them in their new hotel they are building and make it a fun sport.

But as it stands now using indoor to train is expensive, actual charting planes and ref. & cameraman... made it too expensive.
Yeah, what I saw going on inside that cage, with the guys basically floating around fighting each other, was really cool, like something out of science fiction. I would definitely not mind seeing that. I didn't realize it was just their means of training for the actual event. So they were basically trying to do the original Point Break movie in real-life, basically, huh?

The should do it in the vomit comet.

tn_blog-17-hip-show-21.jpg

SOURCE: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/with-a...rs-2-on-2-mma-is-coming-but-where-is-it-going

---

"This will never take off" is the obvious reaction, but the truth of the matter is, the same thing was being said about WMMA about a decade ago, and the same thing was said about MMA in general two decades ago.

But this is going to be a RIDICULOUS uphill battle for these guys; and might end up going the way of XARM (the arm wrestling fighting league proposed by UFC founder Art Davie).

My guess is that at best, this will be presented as some sort of gimmick game show rather than a sport, ala "Battlebots," and will be canceled after the concept wears down.

What will be most interesting is the UFC's reaction to this.

[YT]_EwvtPLBoe0[/YT]​
<{chips}>
Never enough fighting for 'Muricans...

Back