Social Two former classmates ordered to pay ¥37 million in damages over bullied Japanese boy's suicide

The president is a role model by default, due to his position, and since he spent his campaign mocking people for their appearance and other personal insults that weren't connected to politics he is of course going to make some people think it's good to act like that. His voters were applauding all his antics, giving their approval to such behavior and showing that many think bullying is only wrong when it happens to someone they like.

He's far from the only one to be a role model that does that of course, but that doesn't make it any better.

That’s like blaming JFK because men cheat of their wife’s or Ted for guys that kill their pregnant girlfriend.

Roll models?

I did this for my friends in school but sometimes I wonder if that was a good idea or not. Being forced to confront and face my bully was a life changing moment for me and sometimes I wonder if I robbed my friends of that experience. I've already decided I'm telling my son to let his friends fight their own battles but he can be there to make sure everything is fair.

Yea it’s good and bad but I let my son decide when and if it was time to step in and to encounter them to stand up for themselves.

Gee. I wonder where people are getting this idea that it's ok to mock and bully people...

giphy.gif

The president is a role model by default, due to his position, and since he spent his campaign mocking people for their appearance and other personal insults that weren't connected to politics he is of course going to make some people think it's good to act like that. His voters were applauding all his antics, giving their approval to such behavior and showing that many think bullying is only wrong when it happens to someone they like.

He's far from the only one to be a role model that does that of course, but that doesn't make it any better.

This happened in Japan. The fuck does Trump, or any other American public figure have to do with it?

Fuckin' hell, people get a grip.

That’s like blaming JFK because men cheat of their wife’s or Ted for guys that kill their pregnant girlfriend.

Roll models?

I'd say that being able to see the difference in discussing public figures influence on people and to blame people entirely for other people's actions is a requirement to have an intelligent discussion.

The story takes place in Japan.
I grew up there, went to school there as a mixed kid in the countryside.
Bullying is next level in Japan. If you're really some nerd or weirdo that has been deemed the whipping boy, it is torture and it doesn't let up.
Schooling in Japan is long and stressful enough as it is, without getting your ass kicked on a daily basis

People like to say kids today are soft, and in some ways they are, but I think bullying has evolved, especially with social media.
Having your entire high school in on a joke targeted at you because of Facebook or Instagram wasn't a thing older people had to deal with. Even dorks that would have never been bullys 15 years ago wouldn't have the balls to open their mouths and talk trash without social media.
Parents need to check their kid. You should know if your kid is an asshole or not.
If I had a kid that was being a an asshole, I'd check him with the quickness. There's nothing cool about having some bully son or little airhead bitchy daughter being a keyboard warrior

This happened in Japan. The fuck does Trump, or any other American public figure have to do with it?

Fuckin' hell, people get a grip.

I was responding to someone talking about Trump so why don't you ask the one I quoted? (yes, I do know the answer)

I was responding to someone talking about Trump so why don't you ask the one I quoted? (yes, I do know the answer)

Why would you respond to anyone talking about Trump about something that happened in Japan? Don't placate stupidity. If this had happened in America, then by all means pile on.

I'd say that being able to see the difference in discussing public figures influence on people and to blame people entirely for other people's actions is a requirement to have an intelligent discussion.

Trump wasn’t bullying anyone. He was in political debates and doing no more then the others.

You know call other people deplorable and other things.

And I was responding to the first person that brought Trump into this when you jumped in.

Why would you respond to anyone talking about Trump about something that happened in Japan? Don't placate stupidity. If this had happened in America, then by all means pile on.

That you can ask yourself since you responded to such a post. You were as free to ignore that as the rest of us.

Trump wasn’t bullying anyone. He was in political debates and doing no more then the others.

You know call other people deplorable and other things.

He certainly stood for a new level, bringing in insults based on appearance and the likes. That's not common in politics. He did cause some to pick it up in return though, like the small hands thing that Rubio went to. I already stated that he isn't the only one so no need to point out things that's already said.

And I was responding to the first person that brought Trump into this when you jumped in.

I've neither criticized you for talking about it, nor did I jump into your conversation as you were the one to quote me. Not even the post you responded to with this was directed towards you.

He certainly stood for a new level, bringing in insults based on appearance and the likes. That's not common in politics. He did cause some to pick it up in return though, like the small hands thing that Rubio went to. I already stated that he isn't the only one so no need to point out things that's already said.

I've neither criticized you for talking about it, nor did I jump into your conversation as you were the one to quote me. Not even the post you responded to with this was directed towards you.

I would say we all got off topic when Trump was brought into this.

And yes I did quote you so I’m as guilty as anyone.

Do you have a video of the person that Trump is mocking? I'd love to see them acting all spastic like that to confirm this is true.

Is this the "if you're not literally mentally handicapped and I call you a 'retard' I am not mocking you" defense??

Gee. I wonder where people are getting this idea that it's ok to mock and bully people...

giphy.gif
you really think Trump invented bullying? Also you realize these kids are in Japan right? TDS is a hell of a drug

I would say we all got off topic when Trump was brought into this.

And yes I did quote you so I’m as guilty as anyone.

Yes, I certainly won't argue the fact that I chose to respond to an off topic post, and kept discussing that matter.

Parents don't care anymore how their kid treats other kids. I'd kick my kid's butt if he was bullying another kid into suicide. But some parents don't care, and they don't parent anymore.

And schools need to bring back paddlings to any bullies.

Bullies tend to say and do this stuff when teachers and adults are not around. So it is hard to catch if you're a teacher or principal.

Meh. Paddlings don't do shit. I was paddled several times in school growing up and it did not have the slightest impact on my behavior. Most delinquent students would choose paddling over other forms of punishment.

Parents play a big role of course. But back in the day, bullying was not kept in check by parents or by school officials. It was kept in check by other students.

I went to HS in the 1980's. We had over 3000 students in 3 grades (10-12). There was always a bit of bullying of course. But the minute it got out of hand or excessive, students stepped in and quashed it. A bully that was crossing the line would soon have to contend with insurmountable numbers. Usually they would stop at that point. But if they didn't, they normally caught a beating that would be overlooked by the faculty, who were happy to let the students police this themselves provided it did not get out of hand.

Coaches and faculty had a lot more leeway to deal with this shit back in the day as well. In 1985, if a coach saw someone bullying a kid, he would give the bully a permission slip for boxing or wrestling (with a much more skilled opponent) in front of all of his peers. The bully was then faced with a Kobayshi Maru. He could get the slip signed and get schooled in front of his peers. Or he could waive it off---in front of his peers. At which point the coach would humiliate him for being happy to pick on weaker kids but not having the sack for a real contest.

The consequences for bullying need to be tangible and immediate. Bully's need to know they face social stigma and the risk of physical damage from a larger group. The internet age makes that a lot harder to do.

Is this the "if you're not literally mentally handicapped and I call you a 'retard' I am not mocking you" defense??

I want to see if the guy that he is "Mocking" acts like this.

Was Trump mocking him because of some disability, or is Trump mocking him because he was a shitty journalist?

I want to see if the guy that he is "Mocking" acts like this.

Was Trump mocking him because of some disability, or is Trump mocking him because he was a shitty journalist?

Yeah, I get it. It's like saying a guy isn't being a bully if he constantly calls some kid a :eek::eek::eek:... as long as the kid he's calling a :eek::eek::eek: isn't actually a homosexual.

You guys went full retard.

Back